Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I thought my torment was at an end but I was wrong.

I had just got the the end of the second series of Gavin & Stacey and thought I had turned my back on Barry for ever.

But what happened?

I turned on the TV last night and there, on The One Show, was a whole section on Barry, which basically said what Nessa Jenkins had said in episode one. "Barry Island isn't what it used to be".

Is there no escape from Trinity Street?

Edited by MakemineVanilla

I got asked my age today and the guy laughed and genuinely thought I was having him on when I answered.

He thought I was much older.

word removed.

When living in Korea, I got invited by a friend to join him and his mates and their table. He asked them to guess how old I was. They spent a good thirty seconds looking me up and down, and finally one tentatively ventured '. . . 45?'

I was 23. 

I am originally from Singapore but live in Australia now (moved 2 years ago for study) and...yeah, I've noticed :)

I thought my torment was at an end but I was wrong.

I had just got the the end of the second series of Gavin & Stacey and thought I had turned my back on Barry for ever.

But what happened?

I turned on the TV last night and there, on The One Show, was a whole section on Barry, which basically said what Nessa Jenkins had said in episode one. "Barry Island isn't what it used to be".

Is there no escape from Trinity Street?

You know they made a third series right? 

Aahh, I don't think the One Show is for deep and sensitive thinkers like us MV.

To be honest, I was only watching it to avoid all the crap about the murdered journalists which was on CH4 News.

Setting aside my G&S trauma, I thought the piece on Barry was patronising.

While they were reminding us that Barry needs a road and investment, they should have at least had some husky bass voice, saying stuff like, 'once the greatest coal port in the world (with Clarkson intonation), but while the UK paid to build roads in Romania, British governments allowed the once great engine of the Empire, to become an economic backwater'.  :)

That people buy newspapers that would print front pages like those out today, of people being shot 'LIVE'. How exciting!!! 

That newspapers would consider it ok to print a front page of somebody being killed, a murder that happened just yesterday, right next to other shit about free Aldi vouchers or simon cowell and all that other detritus.

Have some respect for yourself and for others for pity sake.

enhanced-buzz-21376-1364470440-4.jpg

enhanced-buzz-19296-1364476980-16.jpg

• Like 2

respect

This word was removed from all journalists dictionarys some time ago. True story.

This really confused me.

I read it as

"This word removed from all journalists..."

So was all like "Who? What word removed?"

Edited by Stevo985

Which newspapers printed pictures of people being killed? I'd like to know because I have some 'letters to the editor' to write. 

last second before they were shot, daily star, mirror, times, telegraph, daily mail and the sun. 

Which newspapers printed pictures of people being killed? I'd like to know because I have some 'letters to the editor' to write. 

Can't you channel that energy into something worthwhile instead .... we have people dying because of world government policies , concentrate on that instead

no you're fine

but the fact you want to write letters of complaint to organisations over something you haven't even seen means someone should should automatically takes your crayons away from you

Why are so many other football forums an absolute mess. I just went on the biggest Boro forum to see their views on Adomah handing in a transfer request, and there 2094 page thread entitled ' Summer Transfer Window 2015'

Like **** am I cycling through all that.

No, I agree with rodders. Every other forum I've been on has been laid out very illogically. It's only when you see how the rest of them are doing it that you realise one thread per player is so much better than every other possible system that it's embarrassing they haven't thought of it yet. 

Cycling home in the rain. Drop in my eye. Try to blink it away. Stickier than a drop. It's a fly. Mashed a fly into my eye. Pretty itchy and unpleasant now. Trying to cry it out, but I'm just too damn manly.

No, I agree with rodders. Every other forum I've been on has been laid out very illogically. It's only when you see how the rest of them are doing it that you realise one thread per player is so much better than every other possible system that it's embarrassing they haven't thought of it yet. 

RTG (the Sunderland one) is the worst.

Next time anybody moans about a mod closing a thread because it's talking about something that is already being talked about elsewhere, I'll tell them to go and read RTG.

THey have about a hundred threads a day. And they're all the same as the 100 threads posted the day before. It's impossible to find anything.

• Like 1

Â