Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I think Mike is one of these magical non-alarm clock people too!

I bet more people would be able to do it if they needed to. I know if I need to wake up early then I tend to wake up before my alarm.

I think they spoke about it on QI. The theory is that you actually "wake up" loads of times during the night, but you're not really fully concious and you can't remember it when you actually properly wake up. But if you need to get up early then when you hit that little patch of semi conciousness you snap yourself out of it because you know you need to be up.

Yep, that's me. And I never set an alarm 'just in case', haven't used one since the early 80s.

I think what would throw me off would be waking up too early.

So I'm pretty sure if I had to wake up early, then I'd be able to not use an alarm clock and still wake up early.

But if I had to be up at, say, 6am but then woke myself up at 4:30 am it would be going back to sleep from there that would throw me off. I think I'd just sleep right through from there.

don't I feel bad for going all Katie Hopkins and not taking the post seriously ..my bad :blush: , sorry

the reading up I did some time back seemed to suggest the cure for nut allergies ( for example) was to introduce small amounts of nuts into the persons food and gradually increase it , kinda makes sense as that's how a lot of vaccinations work , is that what they will try with your son ?

Yeah we found out the hard way about the nut allergy ...I drove like Kimi Raikkonen to the hospital that day ....she's a high reaction to peanuts just touching can cause it to kick off ..we're in hospital next month to try this introduction thing but just nervous of the what ifs ...if things go wrong

don't I feel bad for going all Katie Hopkins and not taking the post seriously ..my bad :blush: , sorry

the reading up I did some time back seemed to suggest the cure for nut allergies ( for example) was to introduce small amounts of nuts into the persons food and gradually increase it , kinda makes sense as that's how a lot of vaccinations work , is that what they will try with your son ?

Yeah we found out the hard way about the nut allergy ...I drove like Kimi Raikkonen to the hospital that day ....she's a high reaction to peanuts just touching can cause it to kick off ..we're in hospital next month to try this introduction thing but just nervous of the what ifs ...if things go wrong

I'm allergic to peanuts but have never gone into anaphylactic shock, I can get to whats probably not that far short of that stage but luckily I've never had to go to hospital and don't carry an epipen. Having said that my last reaction a year or so ago, I didn't get as bad as I usually do, so I am hoping inadvertently my mum poisoning me over the years dishing out food she's not seen has nuts in has allowed me to build up some tolerance.

Edited by AlwaysAVFC
  • Like 1

Doctor Tony suggests:

'If your kid has a life threatening nut allergy, why not resolve the situation by giving them nuts.'

Being struck off in 2007 looks less of a mystery now, doesn't it. Also, why did I always have to undress? How does us both being naked help diagnose a blocked ear?

it's what they are starting to do though   , so Dr Tony is way way advanced on the current day quacks

give it another 15 years and they will come around to the naked stuff as well , you just wait and see

Doctor Tony suggests:

'If your kid has a life threatening nut allergy, why not resolve the situation by giving them nuts.'

Being struck off in 2007 looks less of a mystery now, doesn't it. Also, why did I always have to undress? How does us both being naked help diagnose a blocked ear?

it's what they are starting to do though   , so Dr Tony is way way advanced on the current day quacks

give it another 15 years and they will come around to the naked stuff as well , you just wait and see

a sort of homohomeopathy

People who sit down next to me on the coffee break and start chewing on an apple. Morons.

worse than that is people on trains who take a knife out and start peeling the skin off them \ ditto oranges

come the revolution only certain foods will be permitted to be eaten in public places fruit and veg are most definitely crimes punishable by death as are sandwiches with mayo or salad cream that drip out the side

• Like 1

come the revolution only certain foods will be permitted to be eaten in public places fruit and veg are most definitely crimes punishable by death as are sandwiches with mayo or salad cream that drip out the side

:(

Dude...no..gif

Replying to some moronic facebook response so brilliantly that it makes the other person remove their original post and yours along with it. Dagnammit :D

• Like 1

Replying to some moronic facebook response so brilliantly that it makes the other person remove their original post and yours along with it. Dagnammit :D

Please elaborate :)

Ah just someone who liked the thought of contributing to the discussion around the news that the Maria de Villota case has come to a close with no-one else to blame but her.  Saying that it's a pity they didn't take notes as they might have helped in the Jules Bianchi crash that happened some time afterwards.  I pulled up a chair (metaphorically), outlined both cases, why they happened and how they are in no way similar, then in a fairly patronising way pleaded with him to explain how notes from one would have in any way changed the other ... and it all kinda disappeared :D

Ah just some mong who liked the thought of contributing to the discussion around the news that the Maria de Villota case has come to a close with no-one else to blame but her.  Saying that it's a pity they didn't take notes as they might have helped in the Jules Bianchi crash that happened some time afterwards.  I pulled up a chair (metaphorically), outlined both cases, why they happened and how they are in no way similar, then in a fairly patronising way pleaded with him to explain how notes from one would have in any way changed the other ... and it all kinda disappeared :D

I'm going to go all Limpid on you here.

How did that piss you off? Emoticonically speaking you seemed quite pleased.

It shouldn't piss me off of course.  But I can't go back and re-read it, which is disappointing :)  I looked in my activity log and thought "the little fu...."

• Like 1

Â