Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Tony,

Yes, should've gone to Baku, but just like the Kiev visit the team visited an orphanage.

Unlike the Kiev visit, the orphanage was after the game - a lesson learnt when the team went to the Ukrainian orphanage before the game and it just mentally destroyed a few of the players. Took a mass of clothes and pens and pencils and toys on those trips. Players left everything there except the clothes they were stood up in.

Saw the photos when they came back, just horrific.

Another fascinating fact: First time Dynamo Kiev came and played in Barry they flew their own water supply and food in too! They had no idea what it was like and didn't want to run the risk of it being some backward third world shit hole...

football_goal-224x130.jpg

• Like 1

Now, I don't particularly care what happens in the Eurovision Song Contest.

It's cringeworthy bollocks at the best of times and I do my best to avoid seeing a second of it every year.

But... I hear the next one will include Australia.

WTF?

If I recall we had a great night discussing the totty on show and which ones would "get it" right here on VT one year

I'm sure Rob had a thing for a couple of those old Russian ladies the other year :)

People that re-open shops/businesses that are exactly the same as the previous one that failed there.

There's a barbers near my parents. It must have closed down and been re-opened by someone new a dozen times in the last 10 years.

But it's always a new barber that opens it.

It clearly doesn't work to open a barber shop there. Stop it!

• Like 1

People that re-open shops/businesses that are exactly the same as the previous one that failed there.

There's a barbers near my parents. It must have closed down and been re-opened by someone new a dozen times in the last 10 years.

Someone else has already paid to fit the unit as a barbers so therefore start up costs are significantly less.

Are you sure you work in finance?

• Like 4

Whoooosh! :lol:

Edit, in fairness to Stevo, he did say it's opened as the same thing a dozen times, so I guess you could say what you said Limpid, was correct if it had only happened once :)

Edited by lapal_fan

Someone else has already paid to fit the unit as a barbers so therefore start up costs are significantly less.

Are you sure you work in finance?

Obviously. But low start up costs isn't a guarantee a business will succeed.

It's failed as a barbers. Numerous times. So the advantage of lower start up costs clearly doesn't counteract the disadvantage of a poor location and lack of a USP to attract customers.

So unless you do something significantly different then it's obviously not going to work.

It's never different. it's always a bog standard barber shop. And it never lasts more than about 6 months before it's closed down again.

• Like 1

hmmm four different people over 6 years have failed to make this location a paying venture as a barber shop

on the other hand, it does have three wash basins in a row and a big mirror

I'll take it! 

coincidentally, we've got just such a unit in the local shopping precinct just down from us, it's a different twist on the funky dangerous hair salon theme every 9 months or so

Â