Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Anyway, making up words is all about dialect. We're talking about accents. 

And I still contend that there is a 'west midlands accent', just as there is a 'west country accent' and a 'north-eastern accent', regardless of the fact that there are local variants within them. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 2

We're saying that when people "pretend" to do a Brummie accent, they make up words, so they're wrong.

Anyone that jokingly says "How am ya?" - is not doing a Brummie accent.

We're saying that when people "pretend" to do a Brummie accent, they make up words, so they're wrong.

Anyone that jokingly says "How am ya?" - is not doing a Brummie accent.

No, I agree with that. But I can understand why they do it. 

People who use exaggerated gesticulation, especially while spewing forth a torrent of corporate jargon.

The missus sent me what must the worst piece of corp-speak I've encountered in all my life, as heard from the lips of one of the never-ending stream of arseholes who apparently have congregated to work for a certain Berkshire-based telecommunications firm.  The word?  "Solutioneering".

There are not enough bullets in the world with which to fill these people.

I have been asked to "Consider the impact of the multi agency dive down with reference to the cross phase elements of our change journey"

I have no clue what it meant.

People who use exaggerated gesticulation, especially while spewing forth a torrent of corporate jargon.

The missus sent me what must the worst piece of corp-speak I've encountered in all my life, as heard from the lips of one of the never-ending stream of arseholes who apparently have congregated to work for a certain Berkshire-based telecommunications firm.  The word?  "Solutioneering".

the company we use for our IT and purchase our copiers from have decided to rebrand all their job titles as Solutions Enthusiast  ... If I worked for them I'd have walked out on the day it was suggested /implemented

We have a decent arrangement with them going back years and they are good at what they do otherwise i may not have forgiven them

Groups of people who walk slowly all in a line taking up the whole **** pavement.

its even better when they do it on a river walk or around a lake  ... they hear someone coming , look behind them ,see someone on a bike or jogging , even walking quicker than them   , turn back .... and still don't get out the ****ing way

ignorant word removes

Edited by tonyh29

One thing I find awkward is for one reason or another you end up walking side by side along a pavement with a complete stranger but are walking at the exact same speed. Do you make the move and up the pace, slow down to let them go ahead, or stop to pretend to check your phone or tie your shoelace or something. It's weird when you walk along for about 10 seconds alongside them before deciding you'd better make the move.

• Like 1

Sorry to go slightly On Topic, but headlines like, "Lazio refuse to pay more than 7m Euros for Ron Vlaar".

I don't even know where to begin, telling you what pisses me off about that!

the company we use for our IT and purchase our copiers from have decided to rebrand all their job titles as Solutions Enthusiast  ... If I worked for them I'd have walked out on the day it was suggested /implemented

We have a decent arrangement with them going back years and they are good at what they do otherwise i may not have forgiven them

I came across this last month, every and his dog was an Architect. Network-Architect, solution-Architect, sales-Architect, business-Architect, hardware-Architect........and CustomerService-Architect.

Just die

• Like 1

So what do the chuff do they call actual Architects these days then?

Unemployed graduates.

Dunno about that. One of my mates from university became an architect, and through him I've got to know several others. Every one of them is VERY well-off. Maybe it's different nowadays?

Â