Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Sorry Eames I think it's ignorance on your part. The rules to do with electronic devices on take off and landing has utterly nothing to do with the need of air hostesses possibly needing to give extra instructions during an emergency. They are ONLY to do with the possibility that the devices would interfere with the planes instruments. This rule us vastly outdated and is being changed in the United States yet not in Europe.

Again you are talking about something that has nothing to do with the current regulations. So I don't see how your argument matters at all.

You asked: 

I don't see why when it's on airplane mode you can't still listen to music.

I answered. 

You said: 

Those instructions are given before takeoff. People at emergency exits are told what they need to do and if something is going wrong I think I'll take my headphones off.

So I answered again.... I'm not sure I follow where the ignorance is coming from. Common sense would dictate that during the parts of the flight where an accident is statistically more likely, it is important that all those on the plane have the capacity to hear emergency instructions at the point they are given and respond to them without having to faff about with headphones before hand. 

I would agree that the need to turn everything off and do nothing seems a bit draconian but again - I suppose its a way of guaranteeing that people respond as quickly as possible. 

They are ONLY to do with the possibility that the devices would interfere with the planes instruments.

That's just an excuse though. There's no chance at all of such interference happening, or they wouldn't let 300 people onto a plane carrything them, and rely on them following instructions to turn them off. If there was real risk they just plain wouldn't be allowed on the plane.

They are ONLY to do with the possibility that the devices would interfere with the planes instruments.

That's just an excuse though. There's no chance at all of such interference happening, or they wouldn't let 300 people onto a plane carrything them, and rely on them following instructions to turn them off. If there was real risk they just plain wouldn't be allowed on the plane.

I know. That's why the FAA in the US are now getting with the times. They're moving to allow the use of electronic devices from gate to gate. Because they don't do anything to planes and the ancient regulations are a massive irritant to travellers.

Eames I was saying that your argument is pointless as the regulations and reasoning to have people disable electronic devices has nothing to do with giving instructions. So I don't see how it's relevant at all. Given no regulations exist and I'm complaining about the regulations that do.

Moron: Oh hi, is this where I find Joe Bloggs?

Me: Yeah but he's on holiday, what's it regarding?

Moron: I need him to sign off this mobile phone request form. It says I need a manager to do it.

Me: oh ok, you're in luck. He doesn't deal with those, you need to speak to admin finance. Jane Bloggs can help you

Moron: Are you sure? I'm pretty sure Joe is the one who signs them off.

Me: Yeah I'm sure. It's Jane. She's showing as online on Google so she's probably at her desk.

Moron: Hmmmm.... Could you just sign it off? I think it has to be someone from Joe's area

Me: No it doesn't. It's admin finance. It's honestly nothing to do with us. And I'm not a manager so I couldn't sign it anyway.

Moron: *sighs* fine I'll have to go and see Angela then *walks off*

Me: YOU'RE WELCOME YOU UNGRATEFUL SPUNKBUCKET!!!!

(last sentence may or may not have happened.)

• Like 2

in regards to using electronic equipment on flights a very very small ammount of devices that can cause interference, and seeing as there is 1000's of new electronic devices/phones etc made each year and there is alot of different kinds of airplanes with different equipment it would simply take to much time and too much money to test every single device, so its simpler to just ban all of them until the take off/landing is completed. Is the 10 minutes of non music at the beggining and end of the flight such a loss when you think of the consequences it could have?

Edited by tomaspg

Fat comic book geek at work is trying to lose weight. Goes on long walks every day after work as part of his 'fitness regime'.

He just said 'after every walk I have a big galaxy chocolate as a treat'

Firstly his losing weight the numpty. Why go to the effort of walking for miles to lose weight then eat a chocolate bar to put it all back on.

Secondly why does he need a treat?! is he a dog?? Is he a woman??

Every office I work in contain either loner geeks or utter fruitcakes

Edited by donnie

Fat comic book geek at work is trying to lose weight. Goes on long walks every day after work as part of his 'fitness regime'.

Firstly his losing weight the numpty. Why go to the effort of walking for miles to lose weight then eat a chocolate bar to put it all back on.

Didn't before you arrived :P

Just saw a fat chav woman shouting at her kid in the street.

The kid was called "Ebony" (the mother had the name tattooed on the back of her neck for good measure).

Mother and child both 100% white.

Didn't before you arrived :P

Lol this is true

• Like 1

I'd bet that Galaxy bar more or less (probably more) wipes out any calorie deficit he generated form the walk

I'd bet that Galaxy bar more or less (probably more) wipes out any calorie deficit he generated form the walk

Especially if he walked to MacDonalds

• Like 1

I had a similar rant a few pages back. Even if, by some miracle, he managed to drag his lardy arse a decent distance, thus burning off more calories than in the chocolate he consumed, the physiological response that his sugary treat provokes is much more damaging to his diet than simply adding to his calorie intake.

Â