Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

for the sake of everyone's sanity just go back to page 468 and relive the entire "Spurs better than Villa" debate and save us all from the horror....................

Sorry I only dip in an out of this monster thread because there is so much nonsese posted (not a dig at any poster more a dig a the nonsense rumours in the papers, fansfc.com etc.).

I would have thought it would be common knowledge that it would be hard for villa to compete with spurs to get a player, after all they are in europe and in Landan.

Anyway I'm :offtopic:

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

facts

While others know it to be the case.

As i said they had an interest, doesn't say they bid or pushed it does it? :wink:

Well id say when the manager comes out and states that he has received 6 offers for the player then yeah they did bid.

What forced away a lot of the attention for Young though was when wham bid £9.65mil, which was probably £2mil+ too much for some and essentially left us and wham to fight it out for the signature.

Well..you can put it like this...why wasnt the big clubs interested in Young, Carew and Maloney? And why did we buy them when we didnt have competition for their signings from the big clubs?

Tottenham are bigger than boro and sha, probably wham also and we beat them to Young. Werder Bremen were also in for Carew so we beat out a Champions League team there also. There WAS interest from big clubs in those players. FACT!

You know what I mean with big clubs and you know that I know what you meant by that too...so...do you know...there wasnt BIG clubs in for them...FACT!

But there was i just pointed them out! You are confusing big clubs with huge clubs!

Jesus what a fabrication because you were found out with your pants down!

Whats next? Mega clubs is bigger than huge clubs? :lol:

Well..you can put it like this...why wasnt the big clubs interested in Young, Carew and Maloney? And why did we buy them when we didnt have competition for their signings from the big clubs?

Tottenham are bigger than boro and sha, probably wham also and we beat them to Young. Werder Bremen were also in for Carew so we beat out a Champions League team there also. There WAS interest from big clubs in those players. FACT!

You know what I mean with big clubs and you know that I know what you meant by that too...so...do you know...there wasnt BIG clubs in for them...FACT!

But there was i just pointed them out! You are confusing big clubs with huge clubs!

Well id say we are a big club, you couldn't really go and class Man U, Barca, Real, AC etc as big clubs could you, they are huge/massive clubs in comparison.

Hardly fabrication, maybe if you tried to understand it more you would see where i'm coming from and what point i was trying to make.

I know you say some funny things from time to time, but are you saying that Werder Bremen are not a big club? :?

I perfectly understand what you mean but it was just written in a strange way. We´ve bought players that has been good without having competition from big clubs.

You cant reject a player because he is not been wanted by big clubs. The player might not suit those clubs that have problems in that area or the clubs are generally happy with what they got...so that can sometimes leave us alone in bidding...as a bigger club.

Werder Bremen is a big club..in Germany. If you look at Europe they go down the pecking order quite a bit. The club has attracted players of high profile for maybe 3-4 years now as the club has changed a lot and really challenge for Bundesliga title. The club hasnt been that big before...

tricella...

Joahan Elmander, your opinion? Seems like he is off to Italy, used to watch him on danish telly. Seems like a hungry player,not reaching his prime yet.

Elmander. It seems that he is on his way to Juventus, but I would say he would be a great asset to us if MON were interested. He is unique and has attributes of a star player. One of the best coming from Sweden in recent years. Has been a revelation in the national team and always gives 100%. Very popular among players and managers he´s been playing with.

I perfectly understand what you mean but it was just written in a strange way. We´ve bought players that has been good without having competition from big clubs.

So six premiership teams that all wanted Ashley Young is not competition? A team in the Champions League that wanted Carew is not competition?

So six premiership teams that all wanted Ashley Young is not competition? A team in the Champions League that wanted Carew is not competition?

Ok...when did we have competition about Carew? You cant bring in a club that shown interest six months before we bought him. When the Carew deal was done and dusted it took everyone with surprise and I didnt hear anything about competition. All of a sudden you believe in rumours...only when it fits your opinion?

Lay it to rest now...you made your point and I made mine.

Werder Bremen is a big club..in Germany. If you look at Europe they go down the pecking order quite a bit. The club has attracted players of high profile for maybe 3-4 years now as the club has changed a lot and really challenge for Bundesliga title. The club hasnt been that big before...

So the fact that Carew decided to come to us rather than Bundesliga-challenging Werder Bremen is a good thing, no?

So the fact that Carew decided to come to us rather than Bundesliga-challenging Werder Bremen is a good thing, no?

Is it a fact that Werder Bremen wanted him at that time or was it just rumours?

Ok...when did we have competition about Carew? You cant bring in a club that shown interest six months before we bought him. When the Carew deal was done and dusted it took everyone with surprise and I didnt hear anything about competition. All of a sudden you believe in rumours...only when it fits your opinion?

Lay it to rest now...you made your point and I made mine.

No i believe facts and Bremen were in for him in january -

Bundesliga table-toppers Werder Bremen are keen to land Norwegian international John Carew during the winter transfer window.

The giant striker seems tempted to leave French champions Lyon despite an existing contract which lasts until 2009, as he has so far failed to become a regular starter in Gerard Houllier’s team.

Bremen coach Thomas Schaaf has confirmed that contact has been made with Carew and that the admiration is mutual between club and player.

“We are interested in him and he is interested to join us,†declared Schaaf.

Bremen look set to face tough competition to land Carew, as the 27-year-old has recently been linked with a number of Premiership clubs, including Liverpool, Middlesbrough and Newcastle.

Bremen wanted Carew.

The race to sign John Carew has reportedly been reduced to a field of just four clubs.

The Lyon striker is likely to leave the French side and as many as ten teams have already been turned down by the giant Norwegian striker.

However Werder Bremen, along with one club from England, Italy and Spain, are still in the hunt for the former Valencia man, who has been linked with Liverpool, Middlesbrough and Newcastle.

Carew is not prepared to leave Stade Gerland on a loan deal but agent Per A. Flod has revealed that a number of clubs are willing to arrange a permanent transfer.

"Many of these clubs were desiring loan deals, something which neither Lyon nor John will consider," Flod told VG.

"But Werder Bremen is not the only club who are seriously interested.

"I will not exclude that John will stay at Lyon. It is obviously a good alternative, they are one of the best clubs in Europe."

Lyon boss Gerard Houllier is ready to sell Carew despite injuries to some of his key forwards, and the striker admits he is unsure where his future lies.

"I don't know where I will play next season," stated Carew. "At the moment I am at Lyon."

More competition than i thought.

Seems you are the one who believes in rumours to fit your opinion.