Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

dogey do do

:huh:

anyway, McShane was again at RB today (contrary to a belief of a few here) he's far more accumplished as a RB then CB. He got took off when the game was safe.

There's some remarkable 'name' players being banded around here.

Arteta would be a very nice signing and personally for where we want to be going, we should be buying players from teams like everton and spurs. Why buy from the middle tier when we have the finances to go higher.

Quick 'realistic' suggestions from me:

Blackburn: McCarthy, MGP and Bentley.

Bolton: Nolan.

Charlton: Young and D.Bent.

Everton: Fernandez and Arteta.

Fulham: Rosenior.

Liverpool: Bellamy.

Man City: Distin and Barton.

Man Utd: Smith.

Newcastle: Milner

Portsmouth: Taylor.

Reading: Sidwell and Doyle.

Spurs: Huddlestone.

Wigan: Baines and Scharner.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprised no one has mentioned Nugent from Preston he'd be good stand in for Carew..Scored again today as well to stop the Bluenoses winning the Championship!. Think Milner would be great, Sidwell maybe Bellamy. What about Saviola? Espeicially as mentioned before he's now confirmed he's defo leaving Barca in Summer after not being offered an extension to his contract!

dogey do do

anyway, McShane was again at RB today (contrary to a belief of a few here) he's far more accumplished as a RB then CB. He got took off when the game was safe.

Arteta would be a very nice signing and personally for where we want to be going, we should be buying players from teams like everton and spurs. Why buy from the middle tier when we have the finances to go higher.

Why buy from the middle tier you said!

Terrible list of players except Bent, Distin, maybe Barton, Sidwell and Baines who all are gettable. The rest are rubbish in comparison to where we want to go or totally ungettable!!!

Scharner and Fernandez??? C'mon, Sharner - Wigan for 2 seasons not really set the world on fire and Fernandez - One good goal against ManUre and everyone's favourite player :roll:

Arteta, yes please but ungettable!

fernandes is a quality player

i'd love him here, he was very very good at portsmouth, and has carried that form onto Everton

this kid is only 21 and he is producing top performances

Surprised no one has mentioned Nugent from Preston he'd be good stand in for Carew..Scored again today as well to stop the Bluenoses winning the Championship!. Think Milner would be great, Sidwell maybe Bellamy. What about Saviola? Espeicially as mentioned before he's now confirmed he's defo leaving Barca in Summer after not being offered an extension to his contract!

Nope Nugent didn't score today it was Gareth Whaley, and ever since he got the call up he's been very poor, his finishing has been garbage, i can't believe there was even a debate the other day about if he was a better player than Gabby!! :crylaugh:

Nope Nugent didn't score today it was Gareth Whaley, and ever since he got the call up he's been very poor, his finishing has been garbage, i can't believe there was even a debate the other day about if he was a better player than Gabby!! :crylaugh:

Apologies I refused to watch PNE V Scum earlier.....misinformed!

Anyone else watching Madrid v Sevilla?

Yep, lets break the bank for Guti :P We can dream though can't we

There's a weird obsession with Guti. People think he's some kind of superstar when the fact is he has done very little in his entire career.

If MON was at the Madrid game, I believe he would be watching Hinkel, the Sevilla RB who has good experience for them Stuttgart and Germany but hasn't been first choice this season.

Might be Kanoute though!

Is MON really at the Madrid vs Sevilla match?!?!?!
I don't think so Jas, I believe he's at the Monaco V Marseille match. Ribery, Kallon or Cisse anyone?

Got to be Cisse, but I really don't want him. Not good enough for Liverpool, not good enough for us.

dogey do do

Why buy from the middle tier you said!

Terrible list of players except Bent, Distin, maybe Barton, Sidwell and Baines who all are gettable. The rest are rubbish in comparison to where we want to go or totally ungettable!!!

Scharner and Fernandez??? C'mon, Sharner - Wigan for 2 seasons not really set the world on fire and Fernandez - One good goal against ManUre and everyone's favourite player :roll:

Arteta, yes please but ungettable!

Stick up for the guy here - If you are telling me you douldn't want Alan Smith at Villa then you surely don't watch much football !!. And I tell you what, If we had got McCarthy we would be playing Champs league football THIS YEAR !!!. Makes you wonder where we would have got if we had of bought him when we were top of the league - 15 goals in his first season isn't what I call rubbish !!!!.

I'd go for (and I only follow English football so can't comment on other leagues) Barton, D.Bent, L. Young, A Smith, and yes McShane (cover for Young). along with the certainty that is Bellamy.

That lot alone will cost nigh on 30m and I can't see us spending more than that.

We can then challenge for top 6 and go from there, any person who thinks we are gonna challenge Liverpool and Arsenal for top 4 next year are dreaming !!