Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of us seem to think Nugent is a done deal for Everton. It might be, but a lot of people also thought Beattie was on his way to us rather than to them.

If we want the player, match their bid and wages or even offer more this is not a done deal and although he may be an Everton fan, you would think with our club on the up then we would be in with a 50/50 chance of securing his services.

nugent? no thanks over-priced english player. have seen preston in the last few games even against the blosers yesterday did not look that special. id rather stick with gabby and luke moore than waste 7m on nugent.

my mate seems to think defoe is leaving spurs this summer so id rather we paid 10m for him than 7-8m on nugent

He does look good...looks like he loves to nutmeg and make players look stupid......ho old is he...anyone?...Looks like he would be a good player to have in our squad and develop into our future Creative Spark.....

Apparently he's only 19 my friend!! :D , which i'm shocked about because he's been around for a few years, he's been linked with a few big clubs in the past but no-ones made their move yet, i think if we put in a decent offer we'd have a very good chance as the kid has said already that he want's to play in the premiership.

Nasri looks quality on that Video!...Trouble is he's unproven in the Premiership and again will probably take a while to settle in. Reminds me of Junhino a bit. Looks defo an all round midfielder

As regards upfront.. Defoe is a good striker but every time I watch him his scoring tally just isn't good enough..He almost scores loads! Ain't we had that time and time again?... we need someone whose gonna bag us 15-20 goals a season sure thing..we need a Van Nistleroy!

I might sound a bit dim but who is this Nasri, i have never heard of him

You should have. He's on youtube.

no thanks to nugent. Bent is far better

my mate seems to think defoe is leaving spurs this summer so id rather we paid 10m for him than 7-8m on nugent

Yes, I would go for Bent & Defoe as well Demitri & Gavin. I was just pointing out that if we do want Nugent, he could be ours to get ahead of Everton. He would also be around £3-£7m less costly, but you get what you pay for.

* KOLLER

You never know...

Good back up for Carew, whether he'd leave to be a Villa sub is another matter.

Once I saw the teamsheet, that was the first name that jumped out at me, but no, I wouldn't want him here now, after we've got Carew......

Koller seems to play well with Milan Baros in their international team.

Perhaps we should bring him back as well? :-)

Seriously, I think Koller would be a magnificent signing. We could get one or two seasons from him where he would act as backup for our young strikers and Carew.

Imagine Carew and Koller up front with quick players like Gabby/Young/Moore around them. That would be a nightmare to defend against for the opposition.

Judging by that Youtube video, Nasri does look class. Certainly wouldn't be disappointed if we signed him.

Koller would be excellent, excellent back up for Carew. The problem is that he would not want to be back up, he would want to be the main man up front and I would much rather have Carew up there. We do need an up and coming "big bloke" striker who doesn't mind playing a season behind Carew and learning to become world class. The issue with Bent, Nugent and Ashton is that all of them would want to be the main man. Bent has certainly proved he is ready for that, Ashton did before he was injured. Nugent would be the best bet out of the three for the role.

However I think we will probably get some unknown giant that will turn out to be absolute class.

YouTube made this totally unknown Dica a world sensation according to some on here.

I am sure I could compile a video of my mate and make him look like a true gem, but he

is really shit I promise you that! :)

As regards upfront.. Defoe is a good striker but every time I watch him his scoring tally just isn't good enough..He almost scores loads! Ain't we had that time and time again?... we need someone whose gonna bag us 15-20 goals a season sure thing..we need a Van Nistleroy!

Play him from the start and he'll score 1 every 2 games.............. He's done it throughout his career. Defoe is criminally underrated.

we need someone whose gonna bag us 15-20 goals a season...

Defoe's got 16 (I think) this year so far........

And how many of those are penalties JG?

#### Nips off to do some googling........ ####

Defoe has played 2792 minutes this season and has scored 16 goals (3 penalties)

This works out at fractionally more than a goal every other game, better than 1 in 2.

Like I say - He's criminally underrated.

Bad news for Defoe....good news for Villa??

LINK

It has to be hard for Defoe when the strike partnership without him play so well together and get joint Player of the Month. If you ask me, this could mean the end for Defoe at Spurs as he's an England international and will not want to sit on the bench.

I think we could celebrate someone of his ability at Villa and along with Carew, Gabby & Young would give us some serious firepower.

Sign him up!

Defoe is definately on his way out in the summer, My mates a spurs fan and he knows that defoe is on his way out... (bit like us with baros really)

he reacons they will use Defoe and cash as bait to land agbonlahor apparantly!

Its not for sure but it all makes sense when we might be after defoe and ive heard in the last few days that spurs are sniffing around gabby... Mind you it would take more than defoe and cash to get gabby.. maybe if they gave us keane, berbatov and defore we would consider it.. but theres as much chance of that happening as there is gabby joining them in the first place!...

I still think its between Defoe, Bent (if charl are relegated) and Bellamy only as to which 1 is coming to Villa Park IMO.