Gareth Barry (Man City)

Si.

254 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Barry back?

Ireland isn't Barry.

And Berbatov was fulhams best player, whilst Barry has been a big part in a team that have won the league and the FA cup, and this season finished runners up in both of them. And is a kind of player we need more than Berbatov.

I'd play him instead of Delph along with Westwood and probably Sylla.

Thats your opinion and i respect that but i'd rather have Diame in our midfield now than the Gareth Barry we would be getting back from Man City.

Has no-one learnt from the Ireland debacle?

Really? Barry played at 2nd place City while Diame was struggling to get in midtable west Ham team at end of season

• Like 1

I'd rather have Diame too. He was often West Ham's best player last season. Many times I remember thinking how the hell did they even get him.

So basically there is no difference between the experience e of Barry or Berbatov. You just rate one and think on is past it.

So nothing to do with it being "right or wrong experience" as you said previously it just comes down to your personal views on each player.

While Gareth Barry is a good player and will do a good job for any number of premier clubs, I don't think Villa is one of them.

Yes he does play in the position we need but, his lack of pace has become more noticeable lately and while playing in the City team, he is surrounded by players who can cover him, at Villa he wouldn't be.

We need some one with that bit more mobility I'm afraid.

While Gareth Barry is a good player and will do a good job for any number of premier clubs, I don't think Villa is one of them.

Yes he does play in the position we need but, his lack of pace has become more noticeable lately and while playing in the City team, he is surrounded by players who can cover him, at Villa he wouldn't be.

We need some one with that bit more mobility I'm afraid.

I hear the Goverment are offering a grant for people with Mobility problems maybe David Cameron will pay his wages and give him a Disable badge to stick on his forehead.

• Like 1

Ireland isn't Barry.

And Berbatov was fulhams best player, whilst Barry has been a big part in a team that have won the league and the FA cup, and this season finished runners up in both of them. And is a kind of player we need more than Berbatov.

I'd play him instead of Delph along with Westwood and probably Sylla.

Could Berbatov not be the number 10 we need?

To me Barry is too similar to Westwood and our midfield would be too similar with little or no dynamism and for that reason i'd prefer a much improved Delph. 

Thats your opinion and i respect that but i'd rather have Diame in our midfield now than the Gareth Barry we would be getting back from Man City.

Has no-one learnt from the Ireland debacle?

Really? Barry played at 2nd place City while Diame was struggling to get in midtable west Ham team at end of season

So basically there is no difference between the experience e of Barry or Berbatov. You just rate one and think on is past it.

So nothing to do with it being "right or wrong experience" as you said previously it just comes down to your personal views on each player.

Thats actually a very good point but surely the two must be linked.

If our manager wants to bring one or two experienced players into our team (and i don't think he does) then he chooses the right player with the right ability for that position just like any other player but he must also consider the longevity of that player and if he is still effective enough to enhance the team. It will be the manager's personal opinion on that.

Concerning the hypothetical decision on Barry or Berbatov. In my opinion we need a number 10 much more than a Gareth Barry type of player because we already have a younger version of Barry at the club and would Barry now be more effective than Westwood who has a years Premiership experience behind him?

Thats what i mean by the right type of experience. Someone coming in who gives us something we haven't got in the side and is not in decline. 

Just to add to that i've also noted posters stating Barry and Westwood playing together.

I always thought when Petrov and Barry played together that while both players were excellent in their own right they nevertheless overlapped one another with both players having the same attributes. I feel this would happen again with Barry and Westwood.

I'd rather see our midfield being constructed from players with different attributes which compliment one another and i don't think we've had that type of balance for some considerable time.

Edited by Morpheus

If our manager wants to bring one or two experienced players into our team (and i don't think he does) then he chooses the right player with the right ability for that position just like any other player but he must also consider the longevity of that player and if he is still effective enough to enhance the team. It will be the manager's personal opinion on that.

Concerning the hypothetical decision on Barry or Berbatov. In my opinion we need a number 10 much more than a Gareth Barry type of player because we already have a younger version of Barry at the club and would Barry now be more effective than Westwood who has a years Premiership experience behind him?

Thats what i mean by the right type of experience. Someone coming in who gives us something we haven't got in the team and is not in decline.  

Sorry but that still has nothing to do with experience and everything to do with what position in the team you think needs attention.

As for Berbatov he isn't getting better and he isn't at his peak.... so what is he?

So you have blind faith in the manager, then? ;)

Thats what i mean by the right type of experience. Someone coming in who gives us something we haven't got in the team and is not in decline.  

Sorry but that still has nothing to do with experience and everything to do with what position in the team you think needs attention.

As for Berbatov he isn't getting better and he isn't at his peak.... so what is he?

No we're talking about the merits of bringing the right experience into our team. The right experience has to be a player or players who will contribute to the team. In my opinion Barry isn't the right type of experience because he is in decline while Berbatov was Fulham's best player last season and would contribute more to our team in a position that is needed if we are indeed looking for a number 10.

You'd think after the season Benteke (and to a lesser extent Weimann and Gabby) have had people would stop going on about **** Berbatov.

If that is directed at me Mantis i have been replying to a question.

No we're talking about the merits of bringing the right experience into our team. The right experience has to be a player or players who will contribute to the team. In my opinion Barry isn't the right type of experience because he is in decline while Berbatov was Fulham's best player last season and would contribute more to our team in a position that is needed if we are indeed looking for a number 10.

So Berbatov, is he at his peak? getting better or on the decline?

You know as well as I do it is the later.

Anyway, I'm not getting into the pointless Berbatov thing again.

Â