Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

47 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I'm so glad Steve Bruce is no longer at this club.

When we go to St James Park this season there's absolutely no way we will setup like they did today. Smith is a breath of fresh air compared.

We are long overdue a win on that ground.

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

Felt bad for Joelinton his manager left him out to dry. Be surprised if he even got a pass in our half

Reminded me of how Bruce used Hogan 

yeah I thought the same, easy to criticise him but give the boy half a chance, he was probably the most isolated striker I can remember seeing in the 1st half vs 2 very comfortable CBs and luiz who did his bit mainly to chase back and rush him when he did get on the ball

48 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

when hayden put an easy pass out for a corner late in the 2nd half was it us trying to get a "you're **** shit" chant going or their fans with a "we're **** shit" chant?

would be great if the boo boys came out

It was us. 

36 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Not really. Well on par with the point a game ratio which most season will keep you up.

Bruce will manage enough scrappy wins i predict.

they've got city, Sheffield utd, Southampton, burnley, palace, utd and everton before the end of the year

they're hard to predict, can see them getting a couple of scrappy wins, can see them losing all of them

when you think we have utd, Chelsea, Leicester, Sheffield utd, Liverpool, Southampton and Norwich I can see us doing every bit as bad as them

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

they've got city, Sheffield utd, Southampton, burnley, palace, utd and everton before the end of the year

they're hard to predict, can see them getting a couple of scrappy wins, can see them losing all of them

when you think we have utd, Chelsea, Leicester, Sheffield utd, Liverpool, Southampton and Norwich I can see us doing every bit as bad as them

I am predicting 7 points from that lot (Wins over Norwich and Southampton and a draw with Sheffield)

I would go further and say that I could see us beating Manure as well.

Wouldnt surprise me if we manage to steal a point from Leicester or Chelski

Edited by TheStagMan

Joelinton was so isolated I felt bad for him, you cannot judge any striker in that system.

Carroll I thought looked good when he came on, he really should have been a hell of a player. He is an absolute handful, and technically excellent.

Unfortunately it is Bruce so all he sees is someone who can chest down 70 yard diagonals. What a way to end a career.

Must be extremely frustrating to play with Saint Maximin.

He's like a mix of the worst traits of Adama Traore and Kodija.

Buries his head and tries to do it all himself, no awareness and terrible decision making. The number of times he could and should have tried to find a teammate but just decided not to was shocking even yesterday when they really didn't have much of the ball.

He could be a really dangerous player, but he chooses not to be. fancy hair and headband thou...

1 minute ago, sne said:

Must be extremely frustrating to play with Saint Maximin.

He's like a mix of the worst traits of Adama Traore and Kodija.

Buries his head and tries to do it all himself, no awareness and terrible decision making. The number of times he could and should have tried to find a teammate but just decided not to was shocking even yesterday when they really didn't have much of the ball.

He could be a really dangerous player, but he chooses not to be. fancy hair and headband thou...

His defensive game is comical, Milner or Young he is not 

16 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Needs to add moire roulette's to his game imo

Did love the bit where he did several step overs and spins and the dribbled himself out of play whilst Guilbert just stood him up with a bemused look on his face.

Â