Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

2 hours ago, JPJCB said:

The worse thing Ashley did was being from London. A cockney mafia is far worse than a Saudi one apparently 

Nope he did something worse....he listened to the idiot fanbase and hired Kevin Keegan then sacked him when realised he was actually crap

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, villan95 said:

Yep this is the one that does my head in. People who say "They deserve it after having to put up with Mike Ashley for so long". When they now have infinitely worse people running the club.

Zero hour contracts > whipping and prison for being gay

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, JB said:

This gets mentioned a fair bit but I don’t think it’s talked about anywhere near enough. 

It should preface literally any discussion of Newcastle United. 

It’s fundamentally depressing that an entire fan base can ignore/doesn’t care about the extent of the moral issues around their ownership. I know for a fact that I’d be done with Villa if it were public knowledge that our ultimate owner ordered the murder and dismemberment of a journalist, without even mentioning all the other ‘stuff’. I mean, this isn’t just the slightly shady business that all billionaires get up to and that we all pretty much have to accept (sadly) - it’s literal killing, human rights abuses etc etc etc.

The same goes for any players and football staff that choose to work for them and media outlets that lick their arses. 

It’s incredibly sad that a lot of their fan base seem to revel in it. Really do seem to be the most unpleasant and vicious group of fans in the league. There is no line that can’t be crossed for the sake of winning a bit more at a **** game. 

Nah, that goes to Citeh vermin

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Zero hour contracts > whipping and prison for being gay

You're being flippant, but for a certain type of person an injustice over there is far easier to sweep under the carpet than one down the road. I personally find that way of thinking about things reprehensible, but depressingly common. 

11 minutes ago, Dale said:

You're being flippant, but for a certain type of person an injustice over there is far easier to sweep under the carpet than one down the road. I personally find that way of thinking about things reprehensible, but depressingly common. 

completely agree

also as i posted before a think a depressingly large number of people simply wont care and wont look at this beyond the vacuum of being a football fan

ashley did not spend money on them = bad owner, the new owners do = good owner

it doesn't go any further than that, unfortunately its easier for us as outsiders looking in to comment on it but villa fans would not be better, the same depressingly large number would be in the don't care boat, I honestly don't know what id do, id be lying if I said id break all ties while at the same time my interest in football is probably the lowest its ever been anyway

• Like 4

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

completely agree

also as i posted before a think a depressingly large number of people simply wont care and wont look at this beyond the vacuum of being a football fan

ashley did not spend money on them = bad owner, the new owners do = good owner

it doesn't go any further than that, unfortunately its easier for us as outsiders looking in to comment on it but villa fans would not be better, the same depressingly large number would be in the don't care boat, I honestly don't know what id do, id be lying if I said id break all ties while at the same time my interest in football is probably the lowest its ever been anyway

Yeah I'd be the same. I'd join a protest group, but i don't think I'd go so much or buy anything from the club in that instance. 

Rilvary aside, just want to thank the kind words of supporters, the club, and those who gave support to Ty in the stadium. Some things are bigger than football. Classy touch. 

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 1

Some things are bigger than football.

Absolutely true, but their measure for what counts as bigger than football is curious to say the least. Sympathy for an injured player, yes yes yes , sympathy for the human rights of mass groups of people no no no. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Rodders said:

Absolutely true, but their measure for what counts as bigger than football is curious to say the least. Sympathy for an injured player, yes yes yes , sympathy for the human rights of mass groups of people no no no. 

One of those 2 affects their success on the pitch and that's all that matters.

Bored with nothing to do so thought I’d watch the Newcastle thing on Amazon Prime. 

My good it’s nauseating. I’ve watched all the other team docs but this one is the most staged of them all. 

Their board are probably the most unlikable bunch I can imagine. Amanda Staveley having phone conversations with herself ‘negotiating transfers’ allegedly… 

Must have mentioned FFP 30 times in the first episode. Sportwashing in full effect. 

This is PR. Like something written by the tourist board of Saudi Arabia, not a football club in England not supposedly owned by the Saudi crown. 

"A football-obsessed nation, Saudi Arabia caught the world's attention at last year's FIFA World Cup by beating eventual winners Argentina 2-1 in an enthralling group stage match at Lusail Stadium in Qatar.

The two friendlies on Tyneside will form part of the team's preparations for the AFC Asian Cup, which takes place in Qatar in January 2024."

The fact that tickets are only selling for £5 is why we should all be concerned. It’s using St James Park to sports wash the regime. I wouldn’t be surprised if they have more state propaganda on show. It’s a glorified advert for the authoritarian kingdom of Saud. It’s a disgrace. 

The fixture announcement is a distraction from how they are clamping down on social media and people expressing support for women’s rights. He was arbitrarily detained for over 2 weeks before release today. 

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 2

Â