Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Success from an ownership where Amnesty international and the widow of a murdered journalist pleaded for the takeover not to happen. 

Hope they enjoy it  

I actually confronted two separate Saudi fans in the pub yesterday and asked them if they had any idea what they’re backing. Both just said they «can’t be arsed to discuss that». 

Sportswashing works. 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Success from an ownership where Amnesty international and the widow of a murdered journalist pleaded for the takeover not to happen. 

Hope they enjoy it  

This gets mentioned a fair bit but I don’t think it’s talked about anywhere near enough. 

It should preface literally any discussion of Newcastle United. 

It’s fundamentally depressing that an entire fan base can ignore/doesn’t care about the extent of the moral issues around their ownership. I know for a fact that I’d be done with Villa if it were public knowledge that our ultimate owner ordered the murder and dismemberment of a journalist, without even mentioning all the other ‘stuff’. I mean, this isn’t just the slightly shady business that all billionaires get up to and that we all pretty much have to accept (sadly) - it’s literal killing, human rights abuses etc etc etc.

The same goes for any players and football staff that choose to work for them and media outlets that lick their arses. 

It’s incredibly sad that a lot of their fan base seem to revel in it. Really do seem to be the most unpleasant and vicious group of fans in the league. There is no line that can’t be crossed for the sake of winning a bit more at a **** game. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Hope they enjoy it  

In fairness, Sky Bet just did a survey (can't testify to it's validity, mind), in which supporters of PL teams were asked how happy they were with their current ownership. Villa topped the list with a figure we'll above 90%, whilst Newcastle were the lowest, with 3%.

Edit, sorry, Sky Bet not Sky Sports

Edited by HKP90

10 minutes ago, JB said:

This gets mentioned a fair bit but I don’t think it’s talked about anywhere near enough. 

It should preface literally any discussion of Newcastle United. 

It’s fundamentally depressing that an entire fan base can ignore/doesn’t care about the extent of the moral issues around their ownership. I know for a fact that I’d be done with Villa if it were public knowledge that our ultimate owner ordered the murder and dismemberment of a journalist, without even mentioning all the other ‘stuff’. I mean, this isn’t just the slightly shady business that all billionaires get up to and that we all pretty much have to accept (sadly) - it’s literal killing, human rights abuses etc etc etc.

The same goes for any players and football staff that choose to work for them and media outlets that lick their arses. 

It’s incredibly sad that a lot of their fan base seem to revel in it. Really do seem to be the most unpleasant and vicious group of fans in the league. There is no line that can’t be crossed for the sake of winning a bit more at a **** game. 

I know a Geordie who is just done with them, but yeah, most will happily just not think too hard about it. I'm sure most of our fans would do the same as well, honestly.

I'd turn my back on them without a second thought, but loyalty to the club comes before anything else for some people. Football club owners must piss themselves at how stupid we are.

• Like 2

Just now, HKP90 said:

In fairness, Sky Sports just did a survey (can't testify to it's validity, mind), in which supporters of PL teams were asked how happy they were with their current ownership. Villa topped the list with a figure we'll above 90%, whilst Newcastle were the lowest, with 3%.

They all look pretty f***ing happy to me. 

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

In fairness, Sky Sports just did a survey (can't testify to it's validity, mind), in which supporters of PL teams were asked how happy they were with their current ownership. Villa topped the list with a figure we'll above 90%, whilst Newcastle were the lowest, with 3%.

There was a survey a couple of years ago which had very similar numbers to that, so I won't state 100% that you're wrong as I've not seen it, but I'm 99% sure that'll be the same survey from when Ashley was running them.

Edited by Davkaus

A huge percentage of people in the country are pretty thick with negligible to no capacity for critical thought at the best of times, let alone when it comes to football team ownership. They will just see 'rich ones bought club - bought good players - club winning lots of games' and clap like a seal.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

There was a survey a couple of years ago which had very similar numbers to that, so I won't state 100% that you're wrong as I've not seen it, but I'm 99% sure that'll be the same survey from when Ashley was running them.

Hang on I'll get a link for a summary. I'm rubbish at doing links in the right format, so I'll probably get a telling off, but here goes.

Click for link

Premier League: Clubs have been ranked according to fan confidence in their owners

PUBLISHED AUG 16, 2021

Fans of all 20 Premier League clubs have voted for how happy they are with their owner

9 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Hang on I'll get a link for a summary. I'm rubbish at doing links in the right format, so I'll probably get a telling off, but here goes.

Click for link

That articles appears to be from August 2021 and at least 2 years old.

A lot has changed since then.

13 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It's even got a photo of Mike Ashley at the top, so I feel like I might have misunderstood the original point you were making @HKP90, but I am lost :D 

Ah, shit have I been done by the vagueries of the Internet again, sorry guys, my bad. 

I withdraw my post.

Anyway, I think we all are in agreement that the Newcastle ownership stinks.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Deep down like city, Newcastle will know that all the trophies they won is  because they’ve let themselves become vehicles for human rights abuse. 

Fixed it for you. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Newcastle United doesn't exist anymore. It's a Saudi PR department with a uniform, wearing the skin of the thing it consumed to exist.

That nobody seems bothered by that shows how **** stupid a species we are.

But at least it’s not Mike Ashley. He’s barbaric.

3 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

A huge percentage of people in the country are pretty thick with negligible to no capacity for critical thought at the best of times, let alone when it comes to football team ownership. They will just see 'rich ones bought club - bought good players - club winning lots of games' and clap like a seal.

No it's worse than that

They genuinely just don't care

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

No it's worse than that

They genuinely just don't care

I think that’s true, but it’s also that people want ‘like what they like’ without people hassling them about it.

They don’t want anyone spoiling their fun at the weekend or the vicarious pleasure they get out of the club’s success.

I know it’s true of many fanbases. I find the attachment our fans have to Villa unhealthy a lot of the time, but there’s something truly infantile about Citeh and Newcastle fans.

Edited by His Name Is Death

5 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Hope they enjoy it  

Success?

Come back when they have won something

Edited by Pinebro
  • Like 1

Â