Christian Benteke

Kwan

Lambert seems mentally a very strong character , perhaps the strongest we've had since Ron Saunders

I think he'll get his way

I've been thinking about that. Do you think he'd walk if Lerner sold him and Lambert didn't want to?

Not necessarily, every player has a sale price. I think if an offer of say over £30m came in he'd accept that we can't turn that down.

Lerner will back him this summer as he has all villa managers, lambert doesn't need masses of cash. He even said he felt uncomfortable spending the £7m on Benteke.

• Like 1

I can't be arsed to read through all the posts, but are the doom and gloom merchants on here the same drama queens that were certain we were going to be relegated?

CB is under contract, we don't have to sell him and if we do we'll get a huge fee for him. As earlier posters have stated, we hold all the aces.

I can't be arsed to read through all the posts, but are the doom and gloom merchants on here the same drama queens that were certain we were going to be relegated?

CB is under contract, we don't have to sell him and if we do we'll get a huge fee for him. As earlier posters have stated, we hold all the aces.

Some quote on a dodgy website saying that he will force through a move if Villa aren't willing to sell as he doesn't want to have any regrets in his career.

As I said this morning - Stonewall leaving.

I really cant understand why anyone would have set themselves up for anything more. That way you can only be pleasantly surprised.

I really despise this 'I' ll assume the worst so I'm not disappointed' viewpoint that some people have.

I'm a complete optimist. In this case; I will hope Benteke stays. Then if he doesn't stay, I will be optimistic that Lambert will find a good replacement. Then if the replacement starts slowly, I will look for the positives and be optimistic that he could pick up (much like Benteke did after missing some sitters).

When we were battling relegation, I was optimistic we would stay up. If we had gone down, I would have been optimistic that we would rebuild, dust ourselves off and get promoted at the first time of asking.

This notion that people who are optimistic are setting themselves up for a fall really does my head in. In my case it's certainly not true.

I won't dwell on a negative, I don't see the point. IMO, most people that do, just come across as depressing and then if the worst happens, they come across as arrogant arseholes.

Anyway, rant over. That's not aimed directly at you Tom, btw, just the general point you were making ;)

Its a fair and interesting point Rob. I suppose people look at it differently.

FWIW, I don't sit in a corner quivering at the thought of Benteke leaving (Not that thats what your suggesting). And at the same time, I wont be dancing round the room when he stays. 

I just feel I have a balanced and fair view on Aston Villa.

Its not a case of me preparing for the negative - its more preparing for the most realistic outcome. 

Get with the times son. We have a half arsed translation of a single source of him saying he might do whats best for his career!!!!

The only logical assumption is we have already sold him to West Brom to play with Loocacky AND at a loss! FFS!

Woe is us! Relegated to League 2 next season, book it.

Worried he will be off to either Ath Madrid or Dortmund, Falcao is off to either Chelsea or Madrid and Lewandowski to Bayern, two clubs who then will be looking for replacement e.g. Benteke and can offer first team football and CL.

Madrid is a possibility but Dortmund cannot afford his wages. Seriously, they lose players because of this. I see no evidence it is about to change.

Madrid is in huge debt and despite UCL, they aren't getting a lot of the Falcao money and so won't have that much to spend.

Just get as much ££££ as possible

I rarely agree with you, but I do here.

The bloke doesn't care about Villa and why should he? If Lambert sticks to his mantra of signing players who want to play for Villa, he will have to let Benteke go.

He doesn't want to be here, he wants to go to a bigger club.

Just focus on getting 25m+ for him.

Does look a bit like Benteke goes to see whats on the table from Villa, he & agent not impressed so don't sign & Benteke starts to leak bits n bobs to media hinting he may leave & then later name dropping his favoured club Arsenal as a kind of "come & get me" plea?.. frankly i am bored of it already but if he goes to Arsenal we should hold them to ransom big time. Well publicised that they have a large war chest this summer & with the new TV money too for me it has to be over 30m... If Carroll is worth 35m Benteke has to be worth more.

Ok now he is apparently naming Arsenal as an example of where he would "consider going"

LINK: http://tinyurl.com/p4ddxw9

Does not look good but hey ho....NEXT!

No thats the same interview we've been talking about, slightly reworded by the daily mail. Nothing has changed.

Apart from this bit

"""

""Meanwhile, in the Daily Express, he added: 'I hope that if I leave my  club a deal can be done more quickly than the one last year.

'There is no point in me getting into a tug-of-war with Villa, and I don’t think there is any need for one. If the chance comes up for me to join a club like Arsenal, I am convinced that we can reach a compromise where everybody comes out a winner.'""

Â