Christian Benteke

Kwan

Haha. He hasn't got Drogba's finishing skills but he is still young. That could be developed, hopefully with us.

Do you remember Drogba when he first signed for Chelsea? He was an absolute calamity in front of goal. It must of been about 3 years before he settled down and was putting his chances away regularly. I'm not stating Benteke is as good as Drogba now, but he has certainly started a hell of a lot better than Drogba did.

Interesting words from Townsend..

Basically said defenders aren't sure how to handle Benteke he said they will obviously watch videos etc but don't know how to deal with him.

It'll be interesting to see how he does near the end of season and next season and if he is still making the same impact.. imo he will because most teams struggle with physical players like him.

Don't think it matters to be honest seems like the complete centre forward. One worry I'd have is that everything seems to go through him, if teams start doubling up on him I dont think we have the players to make use of him drawing the extra man.

"The most complete centre forward performance I've seen all season" ....Alan Shearer

"The most complete centre forward performance I've seen all season" ....Alan Shearer

Carlton Cole ffs

Interesting words from Townsend..

Basically said defenders aren't sure how to handle Benteke he said they will obviously watch videos etc but don't know how to deal with him.

It'll be interesting to see how he does near the end of season and next season and if he is still making the same impact.. imo he will because most teams struggle with physical players like him.

He has such massive strength, so you cant stick close or he will brush you off (see Smalling, Skrtel). You cant give him space either because of his technical ability. He will win more than share in the air, and is equally adept on the floor. He has this great ability to ghost into space, he is unselfish, hard working a proper team player.

How do you defend that?

'VillaCas' I've felt you have had a little thing about me since you have come on site. I guess it's ridicule to feel accepted so I should feel flattered you taking such a keen interest in my posts.

Just a little point for you to mull over which I have stated in another thread which no one answered.

You remember when I used Shearer's quote on MOTD blaming Benteke for Man Us third goal to back my debate and was soundly ridiculed for using Shearer's opinion? I'd like to ask why has Shearer now become acceptable?

I refer you to the above question.

Thank **** Morpheus doesn't look after our transfers!

I have never said I wanted to although there doesn't seem to be much wrong with my previous choice of players such as Diame, Adam and Berbatov. All doing well I believe. Since I'm literally being castrated for one wrong opinion on a player I just wonder how Fergie feels in getting several wrong, or any other manager in the transfer market?

Morpheus mate do you actually support Aston Villa, jesus christ I don't get how you compared him to that many awful players, and the worst thing is hes always showed something from the first game its not like hes played shit.

With all due respect Benteke was poor in his first set of games. Remember Neville's opinion of Benteke after the game against WBA? So, much better qualified people than I judged Benteke prematurely. I'm also more than amused at several posters who also doubted Benteke but who now seemingly thought him to be quality from the start of his career with us.

Fixed :D

Cryable at Morpheus quotes about Benteke.

Hopefully he's learnt a valuable lesson (probably not) which is to give people more than 3 appearances before you start slating them.

I hope i'm not the only one who has learnt valuable lessons on site. At least I have been man enough to admit when I'm wrong and not actually try to hide behind the ridicule of others.

Â