Christian Benteke

Kwan

This chap is going to the very top, I knew it from when he made his debut against Swansea. You could just tell he oozed class and was a step above anyone else out there. He's missed a few sitters initially but he has now found his role as a skillful bulldozer with good vision and plenty of confidence.

I hope we can hold on to him for as long as possible. You can't keep a player of his potential quiet for long. I can see us eventually selling him for huge money.

A-L55NCCQAAbUi4.jpg

You don't want it Johnson, I can see the fear in your eyes, stop fronting ar' kid.

It's official. We have taken Benteke from another planet.......has the E.T neck going on.

I do find it funny how a lot of Villa fans are almost saying there farewells already. Please just enjoy it. Don't even think about us selling him. Keep supporting him, he will become a Villa legend. He is already in love with the Villa faithful. Benteke is OURS!

It's official. We have taken Benteke from another planet.......has the E.T neck going on.

I do find it funny how a lot of Villa fans are almost saying there farewells already. Please just enjoy it. Don't even think about us selling him. Keep supporting him, he will become a Villa legend. He is already in love with the Villa faithful. Benteke is OURS!

Incorrect sir, we do not own him, he is not ours, he is ONE OF US!

He was signed on a 4 year contract, if other teams do choose to come in with offers in the summer we can more or less name our price.

Thought it was 3 years.

Its inevitable that he will go on to bigger and better things but unlike the last few years I'm confident we'll make money and replace him well.

But we should just enjoy the find right now. An absolute gem of a signing.

What I liked about his last goal was the strength and desire to score. If that was someone like Surez or Young they would have fallen over at the first hint of a challenge but Benteke powers his way through stays on his feet and gets a great goal.

Thought it was 3 years.

Its inevitable that he will go on to bigger and better things but unlike the last few years I'm confident we'll make money and replace him well.

But we should just enjoy the find right now. An absolute gem of a signing.

Definitely 4 years.

We have every right to put a ridiculous figure on his head. Not because we want big money for the guy, which we would be entitled to - but to warn off potential buyers. This is a player Lambert took a punt on and who many pundits and journo's alike thought was bang average and was a shocking addition. Now, we have scouted him, took a gamble on him. He has been with us for less that four months. Some people may say it's ludicrous, but for the current transfer market the way it is; with the length of time we have had him for, and adding the fact he is on 22 and is looking a complete striker with a bright future....I would put a £40m price tag on his head if anyone dared come sniffing for him in January or the Summer.

When a technician like Alan Shearer says "Benteke is the most complete centre forward I have seen in recent times ( at 22) you know we have something serious on our hands.

When a technician like Alan Shearer says "Benteke is the most complete centre forward I have seen in recent times ( at 22) you know we have something serious on our hands.

When Alan Shearer talks I want to stick Labradors in my ears to muffle the drone.... Though it is interesting to hear a neutral say what we're thinking.

Off the BBC match comments..

Christian Benteke destroyed Liverpool, the brilliant Belgium is worth at least double the £7 million Lambert paid for him! What a bargain!!! Am a Spurs fan but can't help but be impressed, the big front man has been doing it consistently for a while now and it's so important he stays fit for Villa's hopes this season! Lambert is a fine, fine manager and he's getting the best out if his team.

Says it all really.

Â