Christian Benteke

Kwan

Yep especially when you don't like objectivity!

Mate, surely not even YOU believe that you're objective?

Again, you're entitled to your opinion, and who knows, maybe you're actually right and everything is going to shit? (you're not, but I'm making a point)

But you cannot claim to be objective in your views. None of us are completely objective. But you're bottom of the **** list, mate.

No i have criticized him for making a school boy error which cost us a point.

After all he is an international player you know.

Xavi made a mistake worse than his vs Celtic and doubt he getting as much abuse as you have on Benteke

whilst it's true that the block feature is a fine feature, you still get to see the quoted stuff :(

anyway. back on topic, benteke was awesome for us on the weekend. no player goes through 90 minutes at that level without once giving a poor pass. no-one. on the other hand he created our first and played a big part in the second with a great dummy for ireland. far more important in the context of the game for me.

But you cannot claim to be objective in your views. None of us are completely objective. But you're bottom of the **** list, mate.

I stated how good our performance was against Man U. I stated how good Benteke's performance was against Man U and have admitted that i may have been wrong about him. I have also praised our manager in getting it right against Sunderland and again praised Westwood and Clark. Mentioned both in the same light as Joe Allen and Cahill.

Conversely, I have also criticized Lambert, Benteke and KEA. I haven't been alone on that and in my opinion i have been more objective than some of the posters on here who react to criticism with hostility.

whilst it's true that the block feature is a fine feature, you still get to see the quoted stuff :(

anyway. back on topic, benteke was awesome for us on the weekend. no player goes through 90 minutes at that level without once giving a poor pass. no-one. on the other hand he created our first and played a big part in the second with a great dummy for ireland. far more important in the context of the game for me.

Unfortunately the poor pass he did make cost us a point.

A lobotomy should do the trick, I think I have an icepick somewhere.

If you were Sharon Stone i'd nearly let you.

you seem to fail to grasp that there were at least two fundamental mistakes after the poor pass that also contributed to conceding

No mate i'm not failing to grasp that at all. My point is that if Benteke had traped the ball rather than trying to pass, it would have pre-empt the mistakes you speak of. However, i'm going to leave it at that, but thanks anyway for your opinion.

I think people will appreciate your comment about Lambert (the first bit anyway), it shows to people you do have a grasp of what he's triyng to do. But remember he has only had one summer of trying to change it, and, like all managers, should be given more than one transfer window to put his team together. Of course no one wants to get relegated, and I too feel it would be unacceptable, but I beleive we will be okay. I also can udnerstand why some fans don't see it as the end of the world. Look at West Brom, Newcastle etc.

Bollox to that or those 2 teams, I would be pissed off for losing our 'One of the only seven remaining teams that started in the premier league when it was formed and have never been relegated' stature. B)

(weirdly we are the only one in that seven to have never played in the champions league either)

There's a way of pointing out mistakes, and the way you do it, comes across as harsh, and as if you're having a proper go at the person.

All I can say is trying to come across so harsh jsut because of little mistakes, and other posters will stop attacking you.

Thanks for the post 'djamfisher' and i really appreciate it.

However it is difficult to criticize without sounding harsh and i don't believe i should temper my posts because of the hostility they create. As another poster stated to me 'you reep what you sow,' so i'll continue to state my opinion within the rules of the site and leave such opinion open to debate or worse.

Bent doesn't have the ability to control a ball. A 24m player?

The point i was making was that if Bent had been in the same position would he have tried to pass or trap? Secondly since Benteke is now flavour of the month on here and Bent is not as he now seems surplus to requirements would Bent have been defended as vigorously as Benteke? I'd very much doubt that and thats why none of you have been able to answer the question. The fact is that Benteke's mistake cost us a point and whether you like it or not, that is fact.

That's not a fact at all. Benteke's mistake was one of a number of factors that contributed to us conceding the third goal. This is what I mean by a witch-hunt. You're trying to lay the blame squarely at the feet of Benteke when he's one of the last players that can be blamed for the defeat.

If his name was Chris Kent, he was 33 years old and had a long history of playing in the Premier League would you be so itching to blame him for things?

In other news, in Belgium all charges against Benteke's supposed carjacking incident have been dropped today. The court apparently decided that although the facts have been proven, he won't get a sentence because throughout the trial he has been honest and remained on the background.

I blame Ron Atkinson for the third goal Why? Well, he signed John Fashanu, and John Fashanu was pants. So is Steven Warnock..Because Warnock is pants we had to buy Joe Bennett. Cos Bennett was injured we had to play Enda Stevens on Saturday, and he completely lost Hernandez for the goal, therefore its all down to Big Fat Ron.

I know its not very joined up, but it makes as much sense as blaming Benteke for it.

You would think, on the face of it, that anyone blaming Benteke for the goal was stretching a point to its absolute maximum for nothing other than effect. Like a villa supporting Robbie Savage or Alan Green

• Like 1

My point is that if Benteke had traped the ball rather than trying to pass, it would have pre-empt the mistakes you speak of. However, i'm going to leave it at that, but thanks anyway for your opinion.

So.. Let me get this straight.

El Ahmadi lost the ball, and fouled the opposition, which lead to a free kick, which lead to their goal. But because Benteke's pass was a bit wayward - it's his fault that El Ahmadi lost the ball and resulted in fouling?

Why don't we take it back one further and say that it's the fault of whoever chose to hoof the ball to Benteke. They could see there was a Man Utd player near him, why didn't they pass to someone else?

It's a crazy point to make, Morpheus.

Â