Christian Benteke

Kwan

He wants to F***k us so we F***k him - put in a request but we still ask for 32.5 - we don't have to accept it - we refuse and say we still want the 32.5. Don't give a shit about him now - he goes he goes he stays he stays - not gonna have this apparent love in many have with him - he's good but I've seen better in a Villa Shirt.

Maybe with the signings we are makeing we won't rely on him as much as we did. Play Gil and the newbies and play more expansive football and score from other areas.

He'll do the same to Liverpool if they fail to qualify for the Champs League and he won't get as much slack from them as he has done with us. He'll have some great shoes to fill (and I don't mean just from the Sky Era)..

Just want to move on from him and look forward to the new season - no matter the end result.

How is he trying to f**k us? He wants to leave and is perfectly in his rights to do that. 

By wanting to go after 1 season - then sign a new contract and want to go again - that's F**cking with us. As I said - I don't have the love in that many have with him and he isn't this world class player that some go on about - if he was the 'bigger' Teams other than plop would be in - but he's not there yet - might be in the future but not just now  (IMO).

Fed up of him - He is not bigger than AVFC  - we've survived before and we will again when our better players go.

Naz I do have some sympathy to an extent with your view

But lets remember without his contribution we would no longer be in this league.  We sell him we need to replace that in terms of goals and threat.  He was our biggest threat and the one that scared other teams.  That needs replacing

Now sure we may replace some of that with a change of style,  and it may work,  or it may not we do not know what we do know is we will be losing our biggest goal threat.

For me far better to improve the team around him and retain his services so while Im with you in terms or no one player is bigger than the club Im a little more pragmatic in terms of how do we replace that quality and in fact improve on the quality if we want to improve the team.

Agreed but when CB doesn't turn up neither does the team, really we need to change our style with or without him in the team.

He regrets handing in that transfer request. This was 2 years ago now and he seems to have matured a fair bit in that time. He then went on to sign a new contract and has indeed stayed for another 2 years. He's still here now and as yet hasn't made any noises publicly about going. Yes the injury played a big part in him staying I'm sure, but you can knock him for an imagined forced move a year back that never actually happened.

He's not tried to **** us over at all. Even handing in a transfer request would be a perfectly reasonable and professional thing to do, he waves a lot of money doing that.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 3

Naz I do have some sympathy to an extent with your view

But lets remember without his contribution we would no longer be in this league.  We sell him we need to replace that in terms of goals and threat.  He was our biggest threat and the one that scared other teams.  That needs replacing

Now sure we may replace some of that with a change of style,  and it may work,  or it may not we do not know what we do know is we will be losing our biggest goal threat.

For me far better to improve the team around him and retain his services so while Im with you in terms or no one player is bigger than the club Im a little more pragmatic in terms of how do we replace that quality and in fact improve on the quality if we want to improve the team.

Agreed but when CB doesn't turn up neither does the team, really we need to change our style with or without him in the team.

What he said! Still want the guy gone if he doesn't want to be here - if he stays good - if not oh! well - we need to learn to rely on others not just one player and I think with what Tim is trying to do we may just be doing that. 

Kozak will be back (may take a little time) but glad he's back - as it's another outlet. 

Get a striker in (from abroad - they are there and just as good if not better than CB - he's not the only one in existence - we found him before we'll find another).

Move on with or without the 'saviour' of our great football club. 

Calm down man, it's only football!

We don't know ANYTHING about what he wants right now, calm yer knickers

If he goes he goes, we'll get paid well and that'll be that. Best striker since Dwight by a mile and we'll do well to replace what he brings even with 30m but that's life

Edited by Ulver

Calm down man, it's only football!

We don't know ANYTHING about what he wants right now, calm yer knickers

If he goes he goes, we'll get paid well and that'll be that. Best striker since Dwight by a mile and we'll do well to replace what he brings even with 30m but that's life

I am calm in my knickers - (they do chaff a bit as they are a bit tight). I more than calm - just joining in with all the others who panic and start making up theories that player X is off! - Feel left out!!

" look boss i want to go to liverpool...there in the europa league so theres no point asking me to sign a new contract as i dont wanna be here "

" ok then fair enough if thats what you want we wont stand in your way if the release clause is met..dont worry about joining us in Portugal,you want to leave so i dont want you anywhere near the squad n training camp..you get yaself home to ya family and we'll let you know if/when the clause is met "

" wait but i need to play to be able to play for Belgium "

" well hopefuly you get your dream move soon then "

" oh and Christian do you want to bet on that your still be here kicking a ball around your back garden in September impressing your neighbours?"

Sorry but I have to dispute the "there's better out there for our money" argument. If there was then teams wanting cb would be looking at the better alternatives, it's the same argument when we were told nzogbia was better than we lost for half the money

Edited by Richard
  • Like 1

Sorry but I have to dispute the "there's better out there for our money" argument. If there was then teams wanting cb would be looking at the better alternatives, it's the same argument when we were told nzogbia was better than we lost for half the money

But only Liverpool in the PL want CB.

• Like 1

Im still hoping for the perfect outcome..... last minute clause meeting bid followed by a rejection from Benteke, as he wants a big club.

(....then he fbi finding links between top brass at Liverpool and FIFA, with black armbands being found as communication method with North Korea and ISIS.)

The top teams are looking for better, that is why none of them are interested in Benteke.

But only Liverpool in the PL want CB.

It makes no difference who wants him,  if there's better out there for cheaper,  as some have suggested,  then they would be mad to go for CB.

Oh,  I see what you did there!

Â