Christian Benteke

Kwan

sadly Liverpool as a brand are bigger than us, they have a lot more money/backing than us and for as long as I can remember finish above us 90% of the time.

their fans still think they are as big as Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Manure, but they're not, in fact currently they are in a form of decline. They aren't quite as deluded as Spurs and Newcastle fans, but they are still pretty ridiculous.

The trouble is because Liverpool sells Prem League matches across the world, then the Pre League wants them to stay a big club, there is an order that it suits the league and Sky/BT to maintain.

We were in a position to compete under MON but never quite got there. The money they are throwing around now on transfers is sadly a league above what we can do, although who knows that maybe changing. I don't get though how FPP doesn't seem to touch their current outlay? Maybe its the boat load of cash they got for Count Biteula

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 1

maybe but didnt stop bigger clubs signing Ba, Bony, Remy and Suarez from mid-table clubs in recent seasons 

3 of them are bit part players at English clubs, and the other is starring for Barcelona. Which one moved on from Liverpool?

Better than Villa but not good enough to waste more years of his career to move to a slightly better mid-table club

He's more likely to end up at a Barca going via Liverpool than he is staying at Villa. It's unlikely he'll ever get a move to an elite club direct from us, he needs to go to a "brand name" first

What's an elite club? Benteke scores 1 in 2. That alone shows his top four quality. He's playing style would be ideal for a Chelsea but they don't need a striker. He'd be ideal for a Ferguson United team as they played with wingers but I'm not sure about LVG If they can shift RVP I can see them coming in for him. He suits us because we play to his strengths. Liverpool haven't yet played a style that suits him. That could change but then all those smaller technical players would have to change too. Hopefully we can keep him until the takeover completes then show him our ambition and get another 12 months out of him. A fully fit Benteke in an attacking Villa side would be easily top 10 with him chasing top scorer.

• Like 1

Barca have signed plenty of players from lower La Liga teams over the years. I think what you mean is Barca have the power to take away players from Premier League elite clubs. They don't need to have played for one.

If you're good enough, you're good enough. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3149514/Liverpool-refuse-meet-Christian-Benteke-s-32-5m-buy-clause-deal-Aston-Villa-striker-reaches-impasse.html

Liverpool's pursuit of Christian Benteke has hit an impasse until Aston Villa give them an indication they will be prepared to drop their asking price from the £32.5million buy-out clause.

Anfield manager Brendan Rodgers is keen to bring in a new centre forward to boost their tally of 52 Premier League goals last season – the lowest total in the top-seven.

Benteke remains of interest but there has been no dialogue with Villa or bid and that is likely to remain the case unless the Midlands club show a willingness to reduce their valuation.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3149514/Liverpool-refuse-meet-Christian-Benteke-s-32-5m-buy-clause-deal-Aston-Villa-striker-reaches-impasse.html

Liverpool's pursuit of Christian Benteke has hit an impasse until Aston Villa give them an indication they will be prepared to drop their asking price from the £32.5million buy-out clause.

Anfield manager Brendan Rodgers is keen to bring in a new centre forward to boost their tally of 52 Premier League goals last season – the lowest total in the top-seven.

Benteke remains of interest but there has been no dialogue with Villa or bid and that is likely to remain the case unless the Midlands club show a willingness to reduce their valuation.

In which case I'd say its more a brick wall than "an impasse".

So there has been no dialogue but they are waiting for an indication we are willing to drop our price, what exactly does that mean?

Are they expecting us to maybe give them a call?

'oh go then, as your the mighty liverpool, our 2nd favourite team you can have him for Rickie Lambert and a signed picture of king kenny'

we should be ashamed of ourselves. We should be bending over backwards so Liverpool the peoples champion can buy our players on the cheap

I think they wrote that hoping to make us look bad, but the only club that comes across like a tinpot organisation in this situation is Liverpool.

• Like 1

I think this is all tabloid bs, just filling up white space.

Pretty clear cut, if they really want him they can have him without any drama at all.  It's actually a pretty fair release fee, not as if we put in a stupid number like 60 mill.

I think they need to offload Balotelli first in any case, maybe if they can find somebody to take him then we might see a formal bid come in to trigger the release clause.

Better than Villa but not good enough to waste more years of his career to move to a slightly better mid-table club

He's more likely to end up at a Barca going via Liverpool than he is staying at Villa. It's unlikely he'll ever get a move to an elite club direct from us, he needs to go to a "brand name" first

Barcelona would never sign Benteke, ever!

Suarez showed how hard it is to escape the Merseyside hell hole , could well be Bentekes last move if he goes there, or tottenhammmm.

Stay a season, sign another year, score thirty , win the Europeans championship for Belgium then leave for a champions league team next season

• Like 1

I've put in a bid to buy Buckingham Palace, it's considerably less than they wanted, so I'm waiting for them to call reducing the asking price.

That'll fill another inch of lazy newspaper space, they can have that one for free.

• Like 2

I've put in a bid to buy Buckingham Palace, it's considerably less than they wanted, so I'm waiting for them to call reducing the asking price.

That'll fill another inch of lazy newspaper space, they can have that one for free.

can see a load of Villa fans try the Liverpool tactic when talking to their real estate agents from now on ;)

Â