Christian Benteke

Kwan

Free kicks are not creating good chances and Hutton's was from a defensive mistake.

We made one good chance the entire game and benteke fluffed it.

We don't create simples. He wll go to a well managed team and score 15+ a season no problem. Don't use him as a scape goat. Yes he is not at 100% but part of it is the frustration of this system.

Look, we had 14 attempts today, that means we DO create. What we are not doing is finishing. Benteke was part of that problem today but he is hardly the only one.
Shooting from distance and crossing in the box is not creating good chances.

We created one good chance today.

To be fair we made 3 or 4 good chances today , it was more telling that Benteke was beat in the air lots today
What were the good chances we created?

alan hutton 1 on 1 first half , bacuna free kick first half , gabby header over 2nd half , benteke blazing over from pull back , cleverley deflected shot , bacuna free kick 2nd half

Nice to see someone watched the game.

Not close enough it seems.

Free kicks are not creating good chances and Hutton's was from a defensive mistake.

We don't create simples. He wll go to a well managed team and score 15+ a season no problem. Don't use him as a scape goat. Yes he is not at 100% but part of it is the frustration of this system.

Look, we had 14 attempts today, that means we DO create. What we are not doing is finishing. Benteke was part of that problem today but he is hardly the only one.

To be fair we made 3 or 4 good chances today , it was more telling that Benteke was beat in the air lots today
alan hutton 1 on 1 first half , bacuna free kick first half , gabby header over 2nd half , benteke blazing over from pull back , cleverley deflected shot , bacuna free kick 2nd half

explain the not close enough comments , they are facts , they happened , i also missed the header in the second half that went just wide from the corner

Goals from freekicks doesn't count??

We're talking about creating good chances. Relying on free kicks, long shots, aimless crosses and defensive errors are not going to get us the goals we need.

Chances are chances no matter how they come. Tell Tony Pulis' Stoke you can't rely on freekicks, set plays and defensive errors for goals.

Edited by sexbelowsound

He doesn't look the real deal we all hope he will be. Still just half a season of good form since being at villa, the rest has been poor.

wow-wow-the-hangover.gif

He had a bad game today. He is still pretty young and is bound to be inconsistent. It's not surprising that folks are commenting on his bad game today but I am surprised to see a few actually writing him off.

• Like 1

We're talking about creating good chances. Relying on free kicks, long shots, aimless crosses and defensive errors are not going to get us the goals we need.

Chances are chances no matter how they come. Tell Tony Pulis' Stoke you can't rely on freekicks, set plays and defensive errors for goals.

Well done.

Now point out where I said it wasn't a chance?

I said it wasn't a chance that WE created. Which is a big issue for us at the moment.

Nice dig though.

Can't believe fans are blaming Benteke for not scoring off 3 chances he had in 90 minutes. The system isn't working simple. Benteke is being marked out the game because other teams realise he is the only one who is likely to score.

Every team that plays us. Lets us pass the ball around to get the famous possession figures required to look good?? Mark Benteke with 2 players every time he has a chance. Counter attack us when we are messing around in the opposition box wihout the ball.

Sorry went a little bit off topic.

you can defend misses and the lack of service but if he's shit then call a spade a spade, he was shit today, movement was really poor, possibly the softest I've ever seen him on the ball and 3/4 times he tried too hard, tried to take too many players on, also the spoilt child routine can **** right off

• Like 2

So we're back to arguing about semantics again?

You might be. My argument was always that we didn't create good chances. You decided to jump in to have a moan.

You might be. My argument was always that we didn't create good chances. You decided to jump in to have a moan.

I was half joking with my OP.

You said about chances, somebody presented you with a list of chances and you pretty much said 'oh not those chances, they don't count'

You said about chances, somebody presented you with a list of chances and you pretty much said 'oh not those chances, they don't count'

I said what were the good chances we created? Someone presented some chances and I disputed that they were chances we had created.

Rather than put forward your opinion you decided to try and mock me. When if you'd read my comment properly and counted to 10 you could have saved another attempt to start an argument over nothing.

I said what were the good chances we created? Someone presented some chances and I disputed that they were chances we had created.

Rather than put forward your opinion you decided to try and mock me. When if you'd read my comment properly and counted to 10 you could have saved another attempt to start an argument over nothing.

Haha moving on to being condescending now as well :)

Wasn't attempting to start an argument. I didn't mock you, get over yourself.

Well done.

Now point out where I said it wasn't a chance?

I said it wasn't a chance that WE created. Which is a big issue for us at the moment.

Nice dig though.

Nice dig? At who? Anyway, What I was saying was chances come in different ways, and teams create them in different ways. There isn't one specific way of creating a "good chance".

Â