Christian Benteke

Kwan

We're playing exactly the type of football, and creating so many great chances, that should see any half decent striker on 20 league goals by now. I can't get my head round it, I really can't.

Haha yeah I can't understand why all our strikers struggle to play well in this team. Full of technical players playing the right way.

Kozak should start from now on. He can't do any worse.

Is there trouble brewing behind the scenes, or is this just a player badly out of form? I get the feeling he would rather be elsewhere. He won't be going to Brazil as things stand though.

I think you need to believe in a new God Christian

Coz the one you point to all the time has clearly deserted you

He wanted his move away, didn't get it, his performances take a nose dive albeit with help from injuries

Sell him for what we can in the summer or if no one will have him get some quality behind him

He may have played pretty bad, but he actually looked like he was trying. Seems like he is stuck in a rut but he is trying to get out. Lambert can likely see this too and that's why he kept Benteke on for probably longer than he should have. 

• Like 1

I feel its more the case of him being squeezed out of games and the complete lack of service apart from hopeful long balls in the air (Guzan seems to prefer this every time). Last season he seemed to have so much more space in front of him when he turned with the ball now he's turning into 3 defenders every time.

We simply aren't not working as a team and working the oppositions defence when were not counter attacking, if we stretched their fullbacks then benteke would be allowed more space but gabby and weimann never do that since they always cut back into the middle. Albrighton perhaps is the way forward as he did what you would expect from a wide player.

I thought he looked like he was trying so cannot understand anyone saying he isn't, it's just not working for him right now. IT HAPPENS to all strikers let alone a just turned 23 year old one in his second full season

This season was always going to be harder for him and it's proving that way. 

Needs support should jus play him & kozak together

We have nobody decent who can play wide and put the crosses in, Albrighton looked good today - and Tonev could work well the other side, but then that leaves us weak in the middle as I do not believe our midfielders can play as a pair, they need to play as a three (and are woeful in that right now too).

Should've scored when Marc played him through brilliantly in the first half, but his touch was embarrassing for any professional footballer let alone one hoping to be starting for one of the top sides at the World Cup.

How about that it can't all be blamed on bad service? He doesn't get the best service, but he does nothing with what he gets. Today for example, he miscontrolled passes in dangerous areas numerous times. That can't be blamed on bad service. If he had better service, then maybe he'd be more up to scratch. It's not as 2 toned as 'he gets bad service' or 'he's not playing well'. There is a middle area that is conveniently forgotten time after time.

• Like 1

Was the service any better last year when he was banging them in? I thought that's why we all rated him so much - he was making chances from nothing and scoring all types of goals. Furthermore, the reason Darren Bent didn't fit into the team was because he needs service to be anything close to effective. 

It's not about the service, Benteke was awful today - woeful first touch. A good number of our passing moves ended with him miscontrolling. Not only out of form but playing like he doesn't want to be here, perhaps we should have cashed in over the summer.

• Like 4

Â