Christian Benteke

Kwan

I reckon he'd improve every team and although he wouldn't guarantee anybody the title on his own, combine him in good form with any of the title chasing teams and I'm sure he could boost their chances significantly.

I think if the Arsenal players keep up their performances, grabbing Benteke in January would set them on their way to win the title. Ozil is as creative a player as you can get, put him with potentially the most complete forward in the league and I think they would be well on their way to glory, not to mention the likes of Ramsey etc.

One of Arsenal's potential downfalls is that they only have one class striker to lead the line: Giroud. If he falls out of form or gets injured then they have to rely on Bendtner.

It's the only move that makes sense to me from all angles apart from the price which I pointed out in my previous post(s). For me, the only way Benteke goes anywhere is if Wenger gambles.

Edited by samjp26

Arsenal have podolski and Walcott who can play as striker, obviously they're a different type of player to Giroud but they do have options.

Yes people forget they have those two to come back from injury. Why are we trying to sell Benteke to Arsenal? They'd have to come up with a crazy offer else we'd have no reason to accept. Benteke's hardly going to be begging to leave in January. I think Arsenal will come back in for Suarez but not in January. 

I think the club knows full well that someone with that kind of potential would have no intention of staying with us long term. I expect plenty of articles between now and the end of january but thats about it, no way we'd let him go unless we got a ridiculous offer.

All this talk of how Benteke would enhance other teams is making me feel a bit ill.

In particular, thinking of him playing for Arsenal with Özil is very distressing because the prospect is indeed very tasty and would be great to see...

If it wasn't for the fact that we would lose our outstanding, most exciting by a mile player.

really doubt he'd move before the world cup, it'd be more of a risk than moving in the summer. only way we'd sell would be for ridiculous cash in order to get a replacement in the same window, woudl be more than Carrol to Liverpool money...

Yes watched the last 15 minutes of the first half. He missed one sitter with his head from a Fellani cross and there was another cross from De Bruyne which he backwards from a tight angle. Maybe he's lacking a little confidence. Just needs that one goal to get him going again.

Edited by PaulC

Â