Christian Benteke

Kwan

Clubs had their chance we encouraged bids in a timeframe we thought was acceptable, now if clubs want to buy him his price has just gone up because he's signed a new contract and he's gone past our timeframe therefore selling him now would really damage our start of the season. Therefore he's gone from a £25 million player to a £35 million in a few days, if a club really did want to spend that money, they would have stepped up a few weeks ago.

And maybe those clubs just didn't have the money hence mentioning Suarez and Bale.

Spurs are signing Soldado as their main striker for the season, Liverpool aren't in any form of European competition.

Happy now?

Morpheus's concerns are not unreasonable. Nothing can be ruled out 100% until mid night 2nd September 2013.

I remain open minded to all possibilities!

Yes they are. While not impossible, it's high improbable that Benteke will leave this transfer window. January is a different matter of course, but we're talking about this summer.

It just seems like negativity for negativity's sake. I mean, who here is worrying that a freak hurricane will appear in Birmingham and destroy VP (for example)? It could happen after all.

Edited by Mantis

My dearest Morpheus, I did not state that you posted you were excessively concerned.

I am aware of the possibilities and understand you are concerned. I have stated why I believe the probability of the subject of your concern is so unlikely that the concern is unnecessary. It's now obvious that we disagree over the probability (not possibility) of Benteke leaving this window. I accept your concern (of any level ;)), please accept my opinion that your concern in unnecessary.

Perhaps we could move on to looking forward to watching Benteke playing against Walsall?

Morpheus's concerns are not unreasonable. Nothing can be ruled out 100% until mid night 2nd September 2013.

I remain open minded to all possibilities!

Yes they are. While not impossible, it's high improbable that Benteke will leave this transfer window. January is a different matter of course, but we're talking about this summer.

It just seems like negativity for negativity's sake. I mean, who here is worrying that a freak hurricane will appear in Birmingham and destroy VP (for example)? It could happen after all.

So even you yourself accept that it is not impossible then which is Morpheus's concern.

It is possible but as you also state highly improbable.

I'm not being negative, but just working on the premise that football is a funny old game & literally anything can & does happen.

Am I personally concerned? No, not at the minute, but, if as Morpheus quite rightly points out, other clubs suddenly become awash with an obscene amount of cash then I might start to become a little nervous.

I;m pretty chilled right now though.

This thread is lacking some basic common sense so let me bring some to the table.

Benteke just signed a new contract; logically ending all possibility of a summer move.

This thread was euphoric for a few days and rightly so, I even brought Benteke back into my FIFA 13 seasons team.

This thread is lacking some basic common sense so let me bring some to the table.

Benteke just signed a new contract; logically ending all possibility of a summer move.

This thread was euphoric for a few days and rightly so, I even brought Benteke back into my FIFA 13 seasons team.

You play as Villa? :o

bth_spock.jpg

"ILLOGICAL CAPTAIN"

With Benteke on board, the team building experiences from last season and the new signings ( still need another CB by the way ) we are in as good a position as we have been for years,  The transfer window is hotting up and will feel much happier when it's all over. Hope bale goes to RM karma for spurs.

UTV

• Like 1

So even you yourself accept that it is not impossible then which is Morpheus's concern.

I'm not being negative, but just working on the premise that football is a funny old game & literally anything can & does happen.

Am I personally concerned? No, not at the minute, but, if as Morpheus quite rightly points out, other clubs suddenly become awash with an obscene amount of cash then I might start to become a little nervous.

Almost anything is possible. It's possible that our entire squad could all break their legs in training (and to be fair it's more likely than Benteke leaving this summer) but who here is worried about that happening?

I never said you were negative. Of course anything can happen, but it is highly improbable that Benteke will leave this window and therefore not worth worrying about.

Edited by Mantis

With Benteke on board, the team building experiences from last season and the new signings ( still need another CB by the way ) we are in as good a position as we have been for years,  The transfer window is hotting up and will feel much happier when it's all over. Hope bale goes to RM karma for spurs.

UTV

Bale wants out and Levy won't be able to stop him :-)

Almost anything is possible. It's possible that our entire squad could all break their legs in training (and to be fair it's more likely than Benteke leaving this summer) but who here is worried about that happening?

I never said you were negative. Of course anything can happen, but it is highly improbable that Benteke will leave this window and therefore not worth worrying about.

I'm sure some people may have nagging doubt's (I'm not one of them) as is their right.

I'm just stating that nothing surprises me in football. Nothing.

I took the same step then managed to fail to win my final 3 games and didn't get promoted. Bowery up top had been magic. :-)

Benteke could retire or decide that David Ike really is the son of God. Lots of things are possible, it doesn't mean their possibilty is worthy of consideration or discussion.

I can confirm David Ike is no son of Paul McGrath's. Jeremy Kyle has just confirmed the result of the  DNA test :P

• Like 1

Â