Christian Benteke

Kwan

if arsenal cant get Suarez.. don't be surprised if they bid 35 million for Benteke. Not 100% he will stay just yet..

Bollocks.

Nobody is going to spend 35mill on a player with 1 seasons premier league experience.

Teams have in the past... And Wenger (rightly) isnt the most concerned with experience. That said, I don't think they'd spend that on any player

you guys are underestimating one thing. DESPERATION.

Arsenal have been promising to spend and have done nothing so far. If they miss out on Suarez they need to sign a striker..

I dont think it will happen but you cant rule it out.

If Bale goes for 90m plus what will Benteke be worth if he has another cracking season?

A hell of a lot less?

I'm not quite convinced that comparing the two is a good idea. Bale is proven top ten, if not, top 5, in the world.

Shockingly gifted.

The question really should be, in my mind, "what will Benteke be worth if he has another cracking season?"

And my answer to that would be, probably the upper end of the value we put on him this season.

The difference is that other teams will then be prepared to pay it.

Which would be a shame anyway.

Has CB not scored against Premier League teams previously?

Not in two seasons and would show possible purchasers that he isn't just a one season wonder which was my point.

Two weeks hardly count as a second season.

if arsenal cant get Suarez.. don't be surprised if they bid 35 million for Benteke. Not 100% he will stay just yet..

Bollocks.

Nobody is going to spend 35mill on a player with 1 seasons premier league experience.

*cough* Kenny Dalglish *cough*

Though I do agree that Benteke will not be moving this window (if clubs were balking at £25m they won't pay what it would take now) and we won't sell him in January either but next summer will be interesting.

Surely wed reject any offer. Even 40m plus now. We're going into this season preparing for it with CB. Selling him is not an option. He will be going next summer not this one. End of.

Look how decent we looked against Crewe. That front 3 is gonna get another season together and we should cherish it.

Bollocks.

424646-andy-carroll.jpg

• Like 1

Has CB not scored against Premier League teams previously?

Not in two seasons and would show possible purchasers that he isn't just a one season wonder which was my point.

Two weeks hardly count as a second season.

Show me where i've said that?

Since you seemingly are unable to grasp the point here it is in plain english.

There will be several Premiership games before the window shuts. If Benteke continues in those games to show the form of last season then interested parties who were originally concerned about him being a one season wonder will sit up and think again especially if their other targets have fallen through.

I hope that is plain enough unless you still want to try and point score. 

There will be several Premiership games before the window shuts. If Benteke continues in those games to show the form of last season then interested parties who were originally concerned about him being a one season wonder will sit up and think again especially if their other targets have fallen through.

No they won't.

Edited by LondonLax

No they won't.

How do you know they won't?

Instead of wondering if CB will still leave this summer, is it certain he will leave next summer?

No I don't think it is myself.

I didn't think we would sell with 3 years left on the contract so I am not so sure we will sell next year either when he gain has 3 years left.

Of course if he stars in the World Cup and we get a stupid offer then we will cash in but he could also have an average season or pick up a few injuries. in that case wouldn't get the kind of money it would take to make us consider a sale.

No they won't.

How do you know they won't?

Common sense.

The Benteke ship has sailed this window. Clubs will be getting a very short reply to any inquiries now.

Bollocks.

424646-andy-carroll.jpg

To nitlick Carroll only had half a season. God I love Liverpool

Yes common sense would suggest that but with the amount of money now in football i wonder if common sense and football go together in the way that you suggest?

It wouldn't surprise me at all if clubs don't get their initial targets then they might show interest in Benteke and for that reason i won't rest easy concerning Benteke until the window is shut.

Â