Christian Benteke

Kwan

There's still a question to be answered by Benteke and Kismet. Who tapped them up and gave them the kind of assurances that triggered CB's expensive transfer request? If the finger points at one particular club AVFC need to take action bearing in mind that we are talking about a player with three years left on his contract.

We aren't the one's negotiating here! Why do people keep answering as if we are brokering the deal. I'm just trying to explain what the most likely outcome will be. You aren't being asked to Spurs any favours. Any deal we be a compromise than satisfies both parties. This compromise is therefore most likely to be one that gives a chance of getting the fee you want, but also protects us uncase he proves to be a flop. Your fans might not like it and the same can be said for many of our fans. But we don't do the negotiating and have to try and see it from the point of you of those that do.

No, you're trying to explain what you believe the most likely outcome to be. You seem to think Villa will be interested in a compromise. That's where I believe you are wrong. We're in a massively strong position here and you aren't the only Spurs fan I've heard from who has this annoying belief that Levy will win out here. He won't. You pay what we want or you don't get the player. It is that simple. You really really need a strikeforce and we really really don't need to sell.
  • Like 2

Let me just see if I can find where tight caanntttt Levy compromised regards the sales of Modric and Berbatov? Oh yeah I forgot, he didn't.

You see, it's okay for your club and chairman to play hardball, but expect other clubs to either roll over and get their tummys tickled or "compromise".

• Like 1

Sorry,  forgot to mention the market we are dealing in as well.  A market where Carroll goes for 15M and a lad moves to Palace from Peterborough for 8M !

And we are explaining to you what the stance of our club is likely to be so lets do it again

1. We have a player we have no need to sell

2. That player was the top goalscorer in europe for 2013 calendar year to the end of May

3. That player is 22 and scored 19 goals in one of the best leagues in the world in his first season

4. All of that was in a struggling team with little service

5. That player is one year into a three four year contract and his wages are not a drain on the club

6.Villa have a price and a deadline by which the deal is t be done

7.  The price is met in full,  no shitty cast offs or makeweights, or the player does not leave

It really is quite simple even for a spurts fan

Fixed for you.

And we are explaining to you what the stance of our club is likely to be so lets do it again

1. We have a player we have no need to sell

2. That player was the top goalscorer in europe for 2013 calendar year to the end of May

3. That player is 22 and scored 19 goals in one of the best leagues in the world in his first season

4. All of that was in a struggling team with little service

5. That player is one year into a three year contract and his wages are not a drain on the club

6.Villa have a price and a deadline by which the deal is t be done

7.  The price is met in full,  no shitty cast offs or makeweights, or the player does not leave

It really is quite simple even for a spurts fan

They're so desperate to get a decent striker in. I'd make em sweat it out. I think it's more of a risk to spend £20m+ of a striker from a different league rather than £20m+ on Benteke, who has only had 1 decent year in the league.

We aren't the one's negotiating here! Why do people keep answering as if we are brokering the deal. I'm just trying to explain what the most likely outcome will be. You aren't being asked to Spurs any favours. Any deal we be a compromise than satisfies both parties. This compromise is therefore most likely to be one that gives a chance of getting the fee you want, but also protects us uncase he proves to be a flop. Your fans might not like it and the same can be said for many of our fans. But we don't do the negotiating and have to try and see it from the point of you of those that do.

No, you're trying to explain what you believe the most likely outcome to be. You seem to think Villa will be interested in a compromise. That's where I believe you are wrong. We're in a massively strong position here and you aren't the only Spurs fan I've heard from who has this annoying belief that Levy will win out here. He won't. You pay what we want or you don't get the player. It is that simple. You really really need a strikeforce and we really really don't need to sell.

That's a reasonable response. I think we'll just have to wait and see. 

• Like 2

In the meantime, why do you think Villa will be interested in compromising from a position of strength on their prized asset. For context, think of Spurs selling Bale to Real Madrid. Why should Lerner not spit on his knob and bend Spurs over?

Spurs have clearly tapped him up and are going to have to pay a premium now for being a bunch of tossers. 

Transfers involving part-exchange do admittedly have a terrible track record but if it is to be Spurs then Andros Townsend does interest me. 

• Like 1

Laughable if he goes to Spurs. Hardly a big step up to the elite.

Spurs have clearly tapped him up and are going to have to pay a premium now for being a bunch of tossers. 

Transfers involving part-exchange do admittedly have a terrible track record but if it is to be Spurs then Andros Townsend does interest me. 

Refuse the words removed!

My house is worth $500,000.

I love my house. I am happy here, my kids are happy here. We do not want to sell it and move elsewhere. I do not have it in the shop window or listed with an estate agent.

Someone knocks on my door and says "I like your house and want to buy it - how much"

"not for sale thanks" says I.

"Come on now" the bloke says, "what if I offer you fair market price for it?"

"still not interested" says I.

"Ok then, what if I make you an offer you can't refuse, would you sell it then?"

"Alright, although I don't want to leave and I would prefer to stay here, I suppose a sale price of $750,000 would help me to forget how much I love the house and help me to find a nice place elsewhere - give me 750k and its yours" says I.

"Alright then, here's $350,000", take it or leave it."

• Like 3

Sorry,  forgot to mention the market we are dealing in as well.  A market where Carroll goes for 15M and a lad moves to Palace from Peterborough for 8M !

Not to mention Spurs fans who want to milk Real for every penny on Bale yet think we should compromise on our own prized asset. **** the **** off already. Patronising rocket polishers.

It's not patronizing. Villatalk can be so frustrating at times, as you take offence to the slightest of things. I'm not saying I think you should compromise, but that I think a compromise will be found. I think we should look at other targets, that's my opinion. I'm not or haven't patronized Villa in the slightest, yet, as is often the case the posters here go into ultra defensive mode. 

Not to mention Spurs fans who want to milk Real for every penny on Bale yet think we should compromise on our own prized asset. **** the **** off already. Patronising rocket polishers.

It's not patronizing. Villatalk can be so frustrating at times, as you take offence to the slightest of things. I'm not saying I think you should compromise, but that I think a compromise will be found. I think we should look at other targets, that's my opinion. I'm not or haven't patronized Villa in the slightest, yet, as is often the case the posters here go into ultra defensive mode.

The patronising is probably unintentional. We're being talked down to because Spurs happen to be in a better position at the moment. There seems to be an attitude that we won't get what we want for our player - hence this compromise - when in reality we hold all the cards. There is no reason for us to compromise, in the same way there is no way you will compromise with Real.

Why should we have to come to a compromise? He's our player and we don't want to sell. You buy him on our terms or you don't buy him at all.

• Like 2

In the meantime, why do you think Villa will be interested in compromising from a position of strength on their prized asset. For context, think of Spurs selling Bale to Real Madrid. Why should Lerner not spit on his knob and bend Spurs over?

Because Villa have said they'd sell the player and have a price in mind. They have access to our accounts and no what sort of fees are viable. The compromise works both ways. I doubt Levy would want to potentially pay over £25 million for the player. But I think it's far more likely a resolution is found than Benteke stays at Villa. This is of course if he is even a real priority for us or if the options are as limited as has been suggested. It's only been a day since we lost out on our number 1 target. 

Zaha went from the Championship to a Premier League club for £15 million.  Benteke is worth at least twice that.

My hunch is Benteke is heading for twelve months in the reserves and Villa will ship in a new striker.

Â