Christian Benteke

Kwan

I made no such definitive statement concerning Benteke as i simply don't know why he is leaving. Look at the posts i quoted and my reply was a general answer to those posts about our ability to build a team.

You on the other hand have made a definitive statement on why Benteke is leaving and in doing that you have again driven yourself into a corner which you're now trying to get out of.

Answer the question. How do you know the reason for Benteke leaving is due to wages?

Yes you did

Team who have over the last three seasons flirted with relegation. Club chairman who is more interested in wage structure than the investment needed to push us on. (Lack of investment in January very nearly rebounded on us). Lack of investment could also be construed as lack of ambition by players and agents alike. Manager trying to restructure the club on a limited budget with youthful inexperience which could also be seen by players and agents as trying to do the impossible in a league run and based on investment which equates to continual lack of success.

Which equates to players continually wanting to leave and not giving us the chance to build a team which has enough quality to challenge for the success that will actually keep the quality players at the club.

I don't see Benteke's name there so i made no definitive statement concerning the reasons why Benteke is leaving. You on the other hand did so i'll ask the question again.

How do you know the reason for Benteke's transfer request is down to wages?

The implication was clearly, who else would you be talking about when you say "players continually wanting to leave"?

How do you the reason for Benteke's transfer is down to the things you listed?

I don't know the reason why Benteke is leaving and have never stated that I did. You however have stated his reason for leaving is due to wages. How do you know this and answer the question.

Well here the agent and Tekkers are backing themselves into a large corner.

The bid doesn't materialise that we accept then we withdraw the increased contract he was offered and force hime to sit it out for a while.

He costs no more than Barry Bannan in wages and PL was prepared to bench Given and Bent on a lot more than him. And now I think fans will accept him being benched too.

Kismets **** up on this one I think and CB is going to look very stupid - he furture reputation is going to be tarnished with trying on 2 messy moves in a year

• Like 2

If Benteke wants to leave , let him go if so. Then he doesnt deserve to be part of Villa. Thats his loss , not our loss.

Love it how John Carew speaks like he always gave his all for Villa. 

Can't deny his love for the club though

Thats my point, if he had loved it that much he would have given his all, all of the time. Pretty sure there were even rumours of him faking injuries. Disgrace if true.

Go and ask Liverpool FC or Man City whether we stood firm on our players. Just because our CEO doesn't shout his mouth like Levy or have a shaved head, doesn't mean he is not firm in business.

i think our CEO is doing a great job and being criminally underrated by his own fans

• Like 1

If Benteke wants to leave , let him go if so. Then he doesnt deserve to be part of Villa. Thats his loss , not our loss.

Thats my point, if he had loved it that much he would have given his all, all of the time. Pretty sure there were even rumours of him faking injuries. Disgrace if true.

Never head rumours of this - drivel

Pretty sure it was during the Houllier days. Not sure if it was Mysteryman. Anyway, true or not, John Carew's conduct was not always professional. Fully believe that if he had decided to turn up for a full season we would have got top 4.

Oh and I love the fact that because you have not heard of it it is drivel. 

Edited by Woodytom

Pretty sure it was during the Houllier days. Not sure if it was Mysteryman. Anyway, true or not, John Carew's conduct was not always professional. Fully believe that if he had decided to turn up for a full season we would have got top 4.

I firmly believed that a partnership of him and Darren Bent would have been virtually unplayable.

Well here the agent and Tekkers are backing themselves into a large corner.

Hand on heart, I am beginning to see Benteke as the victim here. The only thing he is guilty of is putting all his faith in an agent whom sees his player as a meal ticket. Everything I am reading (from what the club has said to Pete Colleys quote earlier) points to the agent.

Im pretty cool about this situation now, and can see this backfiring big time on Kismet and his team. He comes across as a little man trying to be the big man in a big pool, but deep down he knows he is out of his depth.

Lambert is chipping away at this with the player as we speak, you can be sure of that.

I can still see him staying.

Edited by MagicMushroom

I firmly believed that a partnership of him and Darren Bent would have been virtually unplayable.

Possibly with the supply line we had at the time yes.

He openly admits it himself - it wasn't just for us it was for everyone he ever played for. Think the exact quote was something like..if I put 100% into my football i'd be the best player in the world. He was just a pretty lazy player - still love him. Villa legend.

• Like 1

I'm sure it would be all over the news ala Tevez refusing to play so yes drivel. 

Carew was and always been a lazy player - even so he still gave his all for the villa.

I also love how your facts are based on a forum posters word

I'm sure it would be all over the news ala Tevez refusing to play so yes drivel. 

Carew was and always been a lazy player - even so he still gave his all for the villa.

I also love how your facts are based on a forum posters word

Yes because I said it was a fact. Think the post above highlights that Carew admits himself that he didnt always give 100% - That is a disgrace as far as I am concerned.

Edited by Woodytom

Â