Christian Benteke

Kwan

It doesn't say anything either way. it's a tweet from one player to another.

Hence why its ridiculous to dismiss any possibilities.

On the flipside, it's ridiculous to speculate so flippantly.

1) It's not even a confirmed account

2) It says UTV at the end, which means the tweet reads 'You're gonna be top goalscorer next season UP THE VILLA'

Now tell me how that remotely translates to 'You'll be top goalscorer at Chelsea next season', because I'm baffled.

Is 'GO WELL BRO' modern day youth speak for something completely different? Becsuse that tweet does not fill me with hope.

Geniune question btw.

Not sure but it could easily mean - Good luck/Goodbye or Go for it (as in bang them in for us).

Its a big big call to say a Villa striker will be top scorer next season. We are hardly renowned for goals/chances galore as oppose to Man utd/Chelsea etc.

If anyone has seen Delph on AVTV videos, they'll know he's a very cheeky chappy and has a good sense of humour. I personally think this is an indication that he's staying at Villa, knowing Delph's cheeky little ways!

Also, I don't think Delph would make that tweet if it was definite that Tekkers was leaving.

My take on it, is that no-one apart from Tekkers knows what's happening for certain, but that Delph is hopeful that he's staying, from things he's heard at Bodymoor Heath.

If Benteke actually leaves us, it will just show what is wrong in modern day football. Last year he was a nobody but Lambert put faith in him and really helped turn him into a great striker but now he may just leave us? It really makes me angry. We are even willing to double Benteke's wages to keep him at the club. I know Lambert really really does not want to sell him and that is why Lambert said he wouldnt let him go for less than 40 million euros but it seems Randy Lerner has other intentions. That is likely why the price dropped to 25 million euros now.

I know realistically it is hard for a club that finished as low as we did to keep one of the best strikers in the league, but last year was a rebuilding stage. Why not stick around for another season and see where we end up? I really think this season will be considerably better than last. If you look at the statistics, we were a top 10 team in the 2nd half the season. It will only get better for us so I hope Benteke will stay with us. Without him, our season will likely be exactly like the last.

Your first paragraph seems to be based on made-up media talk. I don't think anyone knows Randy's intentions regarding Benteke.

Your second paragraph is better, imo. 

The first paragraph was based on what I have been hearing from media and a mix of my own thoughts. I know Lambert said we wouldn't sell him for less than 40 million but now that number has dropped significantly so I believe Lerner had a chat with Lambert. 

Brommy is right, it's nothing but made-up media talk. We have absolute nothing legit to suggest that Lerner is willing to accept £25m.

well if benteke retweeted it it looks like he made his decision to stay. his intention is to stay but i swear to god if the villa board accepts a bid of like 25Mil... he will be gone...

Edited by Belgian guy

well if benteke retweeted it it looks like he made his decision to stay. his intention is to stay but i swear to god if the villa board accepts a bid of like 25Mil... he will be gone...

And you would no longer be a Villa fan :(

I think the only way a bid for £25m would be accepted is if CB and his agent kick up a real fuss about not staying, not signing a new contract and being willing to 'strike'. The ball''s in CB's court on that front and I can't see that happening at the moment.

If the board accept that bid, I feel for Lambert. But hopefully the board can show trust in him to do well.

If I stopped supporting Villa every time we sold a star player I would have stopped supporting at 8 years old

If I stopped supporting Villa every time we sold a star player I would have stopped supporting at 8 years old

Andy Lochhead to Oldham in '73?

Andy Lochhead to Oldham in '73?

Crikey!

I wasn't even born...  :-P

Â