Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

Good finisher, seems cool under those pressure situations. Limited as a footballer if you ask me. I do think there's potential for a good right-back there tho

I think he is a dreadful right back

• Like 2

I've always said that if Kyle Walker can become a decent right-back just relying purely on pace, then so can Bacuna. He was pretty solid there for much of the season up until the horrendous run after the Chelsea game.

• Like 1

I've always said that if Kyle Walker can become a decent right-back just relying purely on pace, then so can Bacuna. He was pretty solid there for much of the season up until the horrendous run after the Chelsea game.

Kyle Walker is a way more rounded footballer than Bacuna.

Walker has his deficiencies as a defender but to compare him to Bacuna is laughable.

• Like 1

Walker has his deficiencies as a defender but to compare him to Bacuna is laughable.

Second highest tackle success in the prem league, beating both baines and Gerrard. Hand your notice in rodders your scouting days are over.

Just bumping this for you rodders, your hawkeye scouting eyes seem to have missed it on the other page. Surely such a poor defender shouldn't have this stat next to them?

Edited by villan_007
  • Like 1

Between Lowton and Bacuna I'm alright with what we have at RB, can play whoever is on form. Okore can play there apparently too.

Obviously it's an area we could improve in but we have a lot of those and many of them are more pressing - especially CB, LB, and the whole midfield. 

EDIT: I forgot about Hutton as well. Ignorance is bliss.

Edited by PatrickCousens
  • Like 2

Also, our full backs get minimal support in defending so they have it pretty tough

I agree, pretty important too but it happens on both sides, which I find odd. What I did notice is when Bacuna was playing ahead of Lowton, Lowton gets badly out of position to the point he can't recover because he isn't very fast. Leo can recover at least, if he goes forward and we lose the ball.

Also, our full backs get minimal support in defending so they have it pretty tough

I agree, pretty important too but it happens on both sides, which I find odd. What I did notice is when Bacuna was playing ahead of Lowton, Lowton gets badly out of position to the point he can't recover because he isn't very fast. Leo can recover at least, if he goes forward and we lose the ball.

Absolutely. Lowton's positioning is awful and his recovery pace is poor but he can play - that's why I'd like to see him given a go in midfield, I think he could do it.

Not that odd really, we play with advanced wingers and theres often a great big gap between them and the full back, at which point one of the three centre mids is meant to shuffle across but if one of the opposition centre mids goes with him they still have a man over, happens time and time again

Edited by bannedfromHandV

Second highest tackle success in the prem league, beating both baines and Gerrard. Hand your notice in rodders your scouting days are over.

Just bumping this for you rodders, your hawkeye scouting eyes seem to have missed it on the other page. Surely such a poor defender shouldn't have this stat next to them?

Good stat to have but misleading, most the time he is not even in a position to get a tackle in at RB. He has no sense of positional play or awareness what so ever to play that role.

but he hasn't the 2nd highest tackling success. surely if he has no positioning or awareness he would never be in a position to make them tackles.

Not really, it doesn't state how many tackles he has made, just the success rate of those he did.

Leandro will be one of our key players next season, I think. Guys like him need to get to the next level. He's definitely a good right back, just needs to train and play that position.

• Like 1

Id like to see him in a 5-3-2 (the 5 being 3 cb's and two wing backs) no idea who the LWB would be but think bacuna is the man for RWB ..... Ok defensively, good going forward, good delivery and good set piece

Potentially

Guzan

Okore Vlarr Clark

Bacuna Luna/tea lady

Edited by welshvillan

Id like to see him in a 5-3-2 (the 5 being 3 cb's and two wing backs) no idea who the LWB would be but think bacuna is the man for RWB ..... Ok defensively, good going forward, good delivery and good set piece

Potentially

Guzan

Okore Vlarr Clark Lescott

Bacuna Luna/tea lady Berrtand

Fixed for you, as long as the signings work out.