Confirmed Transfers Summer 2013

mikeyp102

• 3 weeks later...

S              Liam Prynn                          ENG       £50k       Torquay

S              Rory Hale                             NIR         Undis    Cliftonville

LRW       Aleksander Tonev           BUL        £2.7m    Lech Poznan                                       1st july to july 2016

Kodi Lyons-Foster            ENG                       Tottenham

Harry Lewis                         ENG                       Oxford

Dylan Forth                         ENG                       Bolton

Aiden Grant                       ENG                       Newcastle

CB           Jores Okore                        DEN       £4.2m    FC Nordsjælland                               1st july to july 2017

CM         Leandro Bacuna                                HOL        £1.2m    FC Groningen                                    1st july to july 2016

S              Nicklas Helenius               DEN       £3.5m    AalBorg BK                                          1st july to july 2016

LB           Antonio Luna                     ESP         £1.5m    Sevilla                                                   1st july to july 2016

Gk          Jed Steer                             ENG       FT           Norwich City                                      1st july to

S              Libor Kozak                         CZH        £4.5m    Lazio                                                      2nd Sept to july 2017

Little dissapointed with that figure, needed one more maybe. But I trust Lambert maybe he is keeping something in reserve just in case we need someone in January. Seemed to be all spent up in Jan last year, bringing in Dawkins I think proved that.

S              Nicklas Helenius               DEN       £3.5m    AalBorg BK                                          1st july to july 2016

Was never that much. Read outtakes from aalborgs half-year report which stated that result before taxes was improved by £2.3m compared to 2012. It is believed by the aalborg supporters that £1.7m of that came from the sale of Helenius. Most of them say that the fee was 15 million danish kroners, which is equivalent to exactly £1.703.820,-

As it appears we will be having a very busy summer with numerous incomings and outgoings thought it would be useful to have a thread with an updated list of the confirmed transfers. Will list players, reported fees and reported/estimated wages (obviously these can be edited for more accurate readings).

Incomings

Libor Kozak - Lazio - Undisclosed

Aleksander Tonev - Lech Poznan - €3.2m

Leandro Bacuna - Groningen - £1.2m

Jores Okore - FC Nordsjaelland - £4.2m

Nicklas Helenius - Aab - Undisclosed

Antonio Luna - Sevilla - Undisclosed

Jed Steer - Norwich - Free

Outgoings

Barry Bannan - Crystal Palace - £1.75m

Stephen Ireland - Loan - Stoke (woohoo)

Darren Bent - Loan - Fulham

Richard Dunne -£50k - Released

Eric Lichaj - £20k - Released

Andy Marshall - £20k - Released

Jean II Makoun - £30k - Undisclosed

Simon Dawkins - £15k - Loan ended

Stillian Petrov - £50k - Retired

Nathan Delfouneso - Loan - Blackpool

Dan Crowley - unk - Arsenal - £200k

Brett Holman - Unk - Al Nasr

Derrick Williams - Unk - Bristol City

Based on these transfers my estimate is that our total expenditure over the year is about £5.56m

1. We save £19.24m on salaries. Within that I have put Bent on around £75K a week (based on google search), Holman on £30k, Fonz & Bannan on £20k + estimated that Stoke pay us 50% of Irelands salary. Might not be exactly right, but I would recon it's close to those figures.

2. We have recieved around £4m in transfer fees. (2m from Bent's loan fee, 1.75m bannan + crowley & willams)

3. We've added £11.7m to our wage bill. And that is "being careful", might not be that much. Estimated 25k in average wage between the 7 new ones + 50k in improved contracts for existing players.

4. We've spent £17.1m on new players. That's included £1.7m for Helenius, £1.6m for Luna (spanish reports says it was €2m) and £4,5m for Kozak.

So...

£19.24m saved a year + 4m received = £23.24m

£11.7m added to wage bill + £17.1m spent =  £28,8m

£28.8m - £23.24m = £5.56m

If Stoke pays Irelands full salary and we are able to ship out Given & Hutton (salaries 100% paid) we would actually be able to break even :)

Edited by K-Carlsen
  • Like 1

I think bannan is £0.5m (with add-ons to get to £1.75m).

So for the calculations, £0.5m is the figure to use.

I agree with all the other figures.

Lambert to date has spent £35.2mill in transfer fees in 18 months.

He has received £4mill back + £2 Bent loan, so £6m incoming.

Net spend is £29.2m.

Annual turnover is 80m, so he's spent 36% of turnover on transfer fees.

If you assume we don't spend anything in January, by next May he'll have spent 18% of our turnover on transfers.

quite a substantial sum however you look at it.

Â