Championship play off Watford v Palace

Richard

as said in other thread I hope Watford win. Zola seems a great guy and was unfairly discarded by West Ham for Avram Grant.

plus Holloway is just a bitter angry man and prefer see his "antics" far away from Premier League

Palace.  A good friend of mine died this year, he was a Palace season ticket holder so I'd like to see them up for odd sentimental reasons. 

Watford because I like to see the 3rd place team go up.

But what's your view on all the loan players from their parent club in Italy ? Level playing field ?

To be honest CI, I don't know all the facts and details surrounding that, so it is best I do not judge and comment.  I remember Holloway making a criticism of it a few months ago, but as far as I am aware, they haven't broken any rules.

To be honest CI, I don't know all the facts and details surrounding that, so it is best I do not judge and comment.  I remember Holloway making a criticism of it a few months ago, but as far as I am aware, they haven't broken any rules.

Watford are a toilet of a club at the moment.

They have loaned 16 players this season. They are currently under a transfer embargo because of 'financial irregularities' w.r.t. previous transfers. This means the Watford squad that ends up in the PL if they come up will have 14 players in it*, once all the players that actually got them promoted piss off back to Udinese; the other club owned by Watford's owners.

Hiding behind the defence that they haven't broken any rules rings slightly hollow when you see the extent to which they've abused the spirit of a rule that essentially means this current 'Watford' won't be the one that performs in the PL next season.

So actually, if your desire is to see a side promoted to the PL on sporting grounds, then you should be cheering on Crystal Palace, not Watford.

The last side I remember doing something like this was Lecce from the Serie 'B' and, as you might expect, they sunk without a trace when the dross that couldn't even get its game in the Serie 'B' was all that was left in their squad for their 'assault' on the Serie 'A'.

* and the embargo isn't lifted until August 31st meaning we'll have a re-he-heally uncompetitive Watford in the PL unless the PL gives them special and undeserved dispensation; further taking the piss out of the whole system.

• Like 1

Villa founded Palace over 100 years ago... In their 100th year anniversary they wore a claret and blue away strip due to their heritage. They are also my local team. For these reasons I would like a Palace win even though Holloway is a clearing in the woods. However, I can't see anything but a Watford win for this game.

Thanks Brian. I wasn't aware of all the details, but I now understand it a bit better. So these 16 players they have loaned, none of them will be in the Watford squad next season? They haven't broken the rules but they have pushed the boundary to the absolute limit. I didn't know owners could own 2 clubs.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â