Favourite Villan (Current Player)

MattS

Whose your favourite Villa Player?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Whose your favourite Villa Player?

• Juan Pablo Angel
    • Gareth Barry
    • Lee Hendrie
    • Olof Mellberg
    • Darius Vassell
    • Gavin McCann
    • Nolberto Solano
    • Other

Off Topic:

I have only one shirt with a name on the back of it: MURRAY number 24.

It is the old '96 away shirt (?), the dark blue one.

At that moment Murray was a youth player and the shirts where on sale so bought one.

I don't have one thing with this Murray but I am curious what happend with the player.

Anybody an idea?

I presume you are referring to the Scott, Scott Murray, the lad went to Bristol City and was a very successful player there. This season he was sold for 'big money' in nationwide terms (£750,000) to Reading! He may one day return to the premiership.

P.S we got some money from the transfer! :D:lol:

What's encouraging is there are a few players as the list demonstrates that are worth watching. Not so long ago it would have been a choice of Mellberg or Barry from the team that was playing.

There's something to admire in all of the choices available.

I'll vote for L'il Lee to keep Al happy, and because I doubt anyone else will. :( but I like watching all of them.

i deliberately go for crouch and udlc because they are the ones who used to be booed for daring to take to the field. being sensible though, its angel for being our most complete player and never moaning to the press. hope itll soon be luke moore

I went for other - and ive gone for Hitzlsperger. AT THE MOMENt, he is my favourite player. Basically because he is on fire at the moment, he is getting a lot of assists, working hard in the centre to tackle and efficently pass (please take note hendrie) and occasionally bang one in.

Suppose if I had to choose a player it would be Mellberg because of his quiet determination and no bullshit approach to the game. A thorough professional and one who will always give his best.

Not sure he's the ideal captain though...perhaps he's just too quiet.

Always liked MD. He's the quiet achiever - never seems to get the adulation or scorn that other players get from fans, he just goes about his business.

Always liked Hendrie too. He is the usual scapegoat (at least since Alpay's departure) for any poor Villa performance. He's not been an angel off the field in the past but on it he having his best ever year, for mine.

I voted for Ollie!!! He has about 2 to 3 average performance in a season, and the rest are outstanding, and also a true professional!!!!

And also at present if Angel is injured, we would still have have Pele Crouch, Moore's Bros on standby. But if Mellberg is injured, then we are fcuked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please tell me your a bird Hev????

OK listen very carefully, I shall say zis only once:-

"Hev" is what my mates call me and is short for HEATHER so yes, last time I checked, I was a "bird" as you put it - getting to be a bit of an "old bird" these days! :(

Had to go for Gareth Barry

The guy oozes class IMO pretty much wherever he plays and always seems to have that bit more time on the ball. He has a certain arrogance about him which i also like in a player - he knows he's got the ability and you can see that confidence on the park.

Plus i knew everyone else on here would go the colombian wizard so I had to choose someone else really.

For the record I do appreciate GB has not quite lived up to his own high standards this season but as said earlier, this ain't a player of the year vote ............. otherwise there really could be only one winner 8)

I voted for Mellberg. (Surely he is better looking than Angel? But what do I know).

BTW there is no clear winner in this poll as yet because the leader, Angel only has 37% of the vote, so 63% voted for someone else.

In the interests of fairness we should have a second poll where you have to choose between Angel and Mellberg.

Â