Sky TV packages

Pongotastic

20 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Going to cancel tomorrow!

So bit of advice then please:

Is it worth cancelling TV, Internet and Phone in one go to get the best deal?

How long do you then wait to call them/go to live chat?

From previous page. (Cancel TV for now) BB and line rental are technically different departments but no harm in asking, (Also easier to negotiate) it just depends on if your advisor can be arsed to do both (TV & BB) 

Step 1, Just requires a single phone call to cancel your subscription so your 31 day cancelation period gets activated on your account. Its very unlikely they will offer you 50/60% off until you activated the 31 day notice, so to save wasting your time on 20/30% offers just tell them you are in a rush and cancel it straight away. 

Step 2, Go on to live chat with this link https://secure.sky.com/mysky-extras/coming-back-to-sky and tell them you have received a flyer for 60% off your subscription package and £100 credit. 

(Next Step) You've tried the 60% off and £100 credit but likely will to be offered the 50% off and £50 credit offer. Try It Anyway!!!! Hearing More and more have landed the 60% off over the last week or so. (Account credit amounts are varying so just depends what you want to push for)

Ive renewed a few family members of late and also got them 50% off Multi room, Free Broadband with half price line rental on top of the above offers. 

Follow the above to the letter and you won't go wrong. 

Let us know how you get on or if you need any further help pal

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

On 23 August 2016 at 09:07, Villaninireland said:

I cannot wait to cancel in middle of September. I really cannot afford £70 a month for the basic tv package & fibre. I have the sky service app so will be waiting for the 50% off or they can do one .

You can do it now if your contract expires next month (September). 

Sky is a 12 month contract so in month 11 (August)  you can give your notice so it expires in month 12. 

You have to run a 31 notice, If you do this in month 12 then you will be in month 13 when it expires so do it today in month 11 ;)

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Kingman said:

You can do it now if your contract expires next month (September). 

Sky is a 12 month contract so in month 11 (August)  you can give your notice so it expires in month 12. 

You have to run a 31 notice, If you do this in month 12 then you will be in month 13 when it expires so do it today in month 11 ;)

Unfortunately contract expires in middle of October so I am stuck with the robbing ejuts until middle of next month .

Cancelled via the phone and got offered 20% discount which I declined.

Followed the procedure and just got off the chat line on the SKY TV deal:

60% discount for 12 months plus £50 credit - monthly rolling contract but deal for 12 months.

Cheers for those who gave the heads-up!

SKY TV now down from £74 to £30 a month.

Will try SKY Broadband and SKY TALK/ line rental tomorrow!

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Like 1

Happy to help all members and lurkers anytime, 

Think it would be a lovely token gesture if any small tips of mass savings/suggestion could be tipped towards Limpids admid and the proactive and reactive Mods contribution to the up-keeping of the site time and helping save hundreds of ££££££ for threads like this being possible to view.

Just a thought.

Every little helps. 

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 4

On 20 August 2016 at 08:47, Kingman said:

Sky Sports Mix set for August 24 launch

August 19, 2016

Following the March 18th announcement that it was creating a free sports channel for all its UK and Ireland subscribers, Sky has confirmed that Sky Sports Mix will launch on August 24th – opening a window on the action shown on Sky Sports every day and shining a light on sport not previously covered on television.

According to Sky, as the feel-good factor around British sporting achievement continues to grow during the Olympics, Sky Sports Mix will bring a huge variety of different sports to a whole new audience with an average of five hours of live action each day across the first month – and 16 different sports covered in that time.

Cricket will be the first live sport on Sky Sports Mix and the new channel will be found at 407 next to Sky Sports News HQ. England face Pakistan in the first one day international at the Rose Bowl cricket ground.

The channel goes live at 12.30pm with former England captain Nasser Hussain leading a masterclass to families and kids at the nursery ground as part of the launch show hosted by Laura Woods to bring Sky Sports Mix to life for the first time. Live coverage of the cricket begins an hour later.

Real Madrid, world rugby champions New Zealand and the Belgian grand prix headline a weekend of some major live sport that will also include European Tour golf and the EFL Sky Bet Championship match between Burton Albion and Derby County on Friday night – all available to every Sky TV customer.

Across the first month Sky Sports Mix will bring live sport every day, with nine different sports shown live including cricket, rugby union, rugby league, golf and football. A further seven sports will be shown non-live showing the commitment to provide an introduction to sport for millions of Sky customers at no extra cost.

These will appear alongside shows such as Game Changers and sporting masterclasses that connect Sky Sports to the passion that kids have for learning about and playing sport. The Sky Sports Mix channel line-up will also include insightful documentaries, sports entertainment shows and other sporting content that will amaze and inspire.

“It’s an exciting moment for Sky Sports as we open up a window to millions more people for the first time,” declared Sky Sports Managing Director, Barney Francis. “Sky Sports Mix will offer the chance for millions of homes to enjoy a selection of the first class sport we broadcast every day, and we hope that will mean even more people find a sport they love and are inspired to become even more passionately engaged.”

Sky Sports Mix will be available in the same number of Sky TV homes as Sky Sports News HQ, a channel with an annual reach of 17 million viewers. Sky Sports Mix will also complement Sky’s growing digital audience, where 35 million monthly users engage with a range of Sky Sports products as well as its presence on leading platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and YouTube.

Sky Sports Mix will be available to all Sky TV customers as well as on selected Virgin Media packages, as well as providing a significant reach for a selection of the live sport available on Sky Sports Channel 407 at no extra cost. 

http://advanced-television.com/2016/08/19/sky-sports-mix-set-for-august-24-launch/ 

Free to air events on the new Sky Sports Mix HD (407) Over the weekend. 

(Possible we will have games on over the season)

Sky Sports Mix will be available to all Sky TV customers (not including NOW TV), as well as on selected Virgin Media packages, as well as providing a significant reach for a selection of the live sport available on Sky Sports at no extra cost.

Sky Sports Mix schedule highlights:

Wednesday 24 August

12.30pm Live Sky Sports Mix launch

1.30pm Live England v Pakistan ODI

Thursday 25 August

10.30am Live European Tour Golf - Made In Denmark

Friday 26 August

10.30am Live European Tour Golf - Made In Denmark

6.30pm Live EFL Championship - Burton Albion v Derby County

Saturday 27 August

8.00am Live Rugby Championship - New Zealand v Australia

12noon Live F1® Belgian GP qualifying

7.15pm Live La Liga - Real Madrid v Celta Vigo

Sunday 28 August

12.30am Live MLS - Toronto v Montreal Impact

12.30pm Live F1® Belgian GP 

http://www.skysports.com/more-sports/news/12040/10543289/new-channel-sky-sports-mix-to-launch-on-wednesday

• 2 weeks later...

Sky rant time....

Moved home recently and set up a home move using the online facility. Moved in on the 9th and set up the installation date for the 17th.  The night before I get a call saying no engineer available and they have to cancel. Pretty miffed considering I had taken a days holiday. Anyway they say they will call me back to arrange a new date. A few days later no call so I call. They say they can't get a date so have to complete a customer resolution form to do it manually i.e. call an engineer to arrange a date. They say they will call me in 48 hours. I wait a few days and no call so I call back. Nothing resolved they say someone will call me back the next day.  I get an e-mail with a new date of 2 September. No call back so I call and they confirm the date and offer me £40 as compensation.  I accept. 

Anyway the evening of the 1st September comes and again I get a voicemail saying no engineer available. I was not happy and called back and asked why no engineer was available given they had to manually arrange it. No good answer came. They apologised and said they will escalate it to arrange a new date in the next two days. They offered £30 in Tesco vouchers but I rejected because I didn't feel it was enough and again I had wasted a days holiday. I wait 4 days and no call back so I call and again I get no answer but a promise of a call back. I again get an e-mail with a new date - a whole month later in October! As you can imagine I was really pissed off now and I asked to speak to the person I was speaking to before who promised to sort it out and provide adequate compensation.  I've been promised a call back numerous times and still not received one.

Horrific service for someone that has been a customer for a long time. I've emailed the CEO but not holding out any hope that he will reply.

27 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Sky rant time....

Moved home recently and set up a home move using the online facility. Moved in on the 9th and set up the installation date for the 17th.  The night before I get a call saying no engineer available and they have to cancel. Pretty miffed considering I had taken a days holiday. Anyway they say they will call me back to arrange a new date. A few days later no call so I call. They say they can't get a date so have to complete a customer resolution form to do it manually i.e. call an engineer to arrange a date. They say they will call me in 48 hours. I wait a few days and no call so I call back. Nothing resolved they say someone will call me back the next day.  I get an e-mail with a new date of 2 September. No call back so I call and they confirm the date and offer me £40 as compensation.  I accept. 

Anyway the evening of the 1st September comes and again I get a voicemail saying no engineer available. I was not happy and called back and asked why no engineer was available given they had to manually arrange it. No good answer came. They apologised and said they will escalate it to arrange a new date in the next two days. They offered £30 in Tesco vouchers but I rejected because I didn't feel it was enough and again I had wasted a days holiday. I wait 4 days and no call back so I call and again I get no answer but a promise of a call back. I again get an e-mail with a new date - a whole month later in October! As you can imagine I was really pissed off now and I asked to speak to the person I was speaking to before who promised to sort it out and provide adequate compensation.  I've been promised a call back numerous times and still not received one.

Horrific service for someone that has been a customer for a long time. I've emailed the CEO but not holding out any hope that he will reply.

I have no idea why you are still bothering after that, I would have cancelled after the 2nd occasion and told them to piss off. Shocking level of service you have received 

• Like 1

On 8/25/2016 at 10:18, YGabbana said:

Could just research Skybox/Openbox and CCCam instead. Roughly 60euro a YEAR for every single channel.

Though, you don't want to use CCcam, use Mgcamd instead. No freeze. 

Also, no HD, no UHD. So it's not quite every single channel.

Edited by PieFacE

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I have no idea why you are still bothering after that, I would have cancelled after the 2nd occasion and told them to piss off. Shocking level of service you have received 

I am so tempted but in my eyes they would win. They don't have to compensate me for anything and can carry on giving bad service to other people. Plus there is a reason why I pay for Sky each month. I want to watch it!

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

I am so tempted but in my eyes they would win. They don't have to compensate me for anything and can carry on giving bad service to other people. Plus there is a reason why I pay for Sky each month. I want to watch it!

They would be the ones losing out mate, £50-£80 month not you. Various alternatives out there to SKY

2 hours ago, omariqy said:

They're desperately trying to sign people up at the moment - all the stuff Kingman (and others) have posted is 100% true.

I won't tell you what to do, but the way you've been dealt with is a very good reason for them to give you a deal, on top of the deal they give people who've left. I'd seriously get on the case, immediately.

Phone them up, cancel, give them the details as per your posts above. Express your utter disgust with the atrocious customer service, make it clear that's why you're cancelling.

one of two things will happen - they'll do some sort of deal there and then or they'll start the cancelation process, whereupon, once that's underway you can do the route advised by Kingman and get a deal (again adding in the details of your specific circumstances).

On 9/7/2016 at 11:51, omariqy said:

Sky rant time....

Do you live in a house or an apartment block?  Also, are you upgrading to Sky Q?

Edited by PieFacE

On Thursday, September 08, 2016 at 11:52, omariqy said:

Still no call back.

I'm back in the country tomorrow so will post up a few links. Only using phone so can't link properly without possible rule breaking. 

1 hour ago, Kingman said:

...Only using phone so can't link properly without possible rule breaking. 

I know it's a bit more fiddly, but just copy and paste the url and copy and paste an extract - there's no compulsion to shorten links, Kingman. The site guidelines don't demand ow't fancy.

• Like 1

Â