Arsenal Vs Wigan

vivahate

Arsenal's goal difference is far superior to Spurs as well so they haven't even got that as any incentive to score as many as they can  :mellow:

You think Arsenal don't have an incentive to try and kill the game off?

To be fair you're right I didn't think of it from that angle, I was going along the lines as once they're comfortable they may sit back and relieve the tension. But then, I should expect they'll keep the concentration up as they need the win.

vivahate

Clutching to pessimistic-straws there.

No not at all just in the sense I think it'll be 3-0 to Arsenal not 10-0 :)

I'm not a pessimist at all, I'm the one who thought we'd beat Man U 4-1 :D

Edited by 8pints

jesus sky are such Wigan fans its cringe worthy

Why would you expect them not to be? Their last day of the season show is going to be a total damp squib unless Wigan win tonight.

no i expect them to be but if Arsenal win it sets up a Champions League showdown on the final day between two clubs who have an extremely fierce rivalry

yet that seems to have been completely ignored....so far

I have a feeling Wigan will be leading for most the game, playing really well but Arsenal will somehow get a couple of late goals, as they do fairly often at home. Either way, I just can't see this being the walkover for Arsenal that people expect. Although, I hope i'm wrong, obviously. 

Today, overconfidence bites us hard, again.

Wigan to win 2-1.

If there's so much overconfidence how come so many people are bricking it?

Ask the relegation thread. This is a dead cert for Arsenal, we are safe apparently.

Just like we beat Bradford seconds after the draw was made.

I don't think I've ever been as nervous before another teams' game as this one. This could be our most important match of the season, and we aren't even playing in it!

Come on you Gunners!!!!

Today, overconfidence bites us hard, again.

Wigan to win 2-1.

If there's so much overconfidence how come so many people are bricking it?

Ask the relegation thread. This is a dead cert for Arsenal, we are safe apparently.

Just like we beat Bradford seconds after the draw was made.

I think you're overestimating this "overconfidence". Only a few people have shown it. Most people are clearly very nervous.

Edited by Mantis

Mmmm, OK, so here is how tonight will pan out for us all however we like it because I've placed a couple of bets.

Bet one is that Arsenal will score several and shut them out completely. So that's not going to happen meaning it's going to be a hard fought, closer game which will shred all our nerves.

Bet two is that Wigan win. So that's not going to happen either meaning Arsenal don't lose resulting in us all ultimately being happy because that will render us safe.

So, a fraught night ahead but we'll be OK in the end.

jesus sky are such Wigan fans its cringe worthy

Why would you expect them not to be? Their last day of the season show is going to be a total damp squib unless Wigan win tonight.

no i expect them to be but if Arsenal win it sets up a Champions League showdown on the final day between two clubs who have an extremely fierce rivalry

yet that seems to have been completely ignored....so far

yep and although Arsenal hold the advantage in that regard I think their final game of the season maybe harder than the Spurs one.

Â