• Sylla
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Weimann
    • Lichaj (for Lowton 27)
    • Holman (for Sylla 78)

Just got in from Carrow Road.

Observations:

1) Piddly little ground with tiny club mentality (noise makers, music at their goal, single tiered stand)

2) Gabby is a hero

3) Our away fans are awesome

4) Norwich is **** miles away

• Like 1

Only caught the second half in a pub in Huddersfield after going the Huddersfield vs. Barnsley game, so can't say much until I've watched MOTD but from what I have read on here, it's a quality result taking into consideration Norwich's home record, which includes victories over Utd, Arsenal and Everton. Gabby MOTM by the distance from B6 to Norwich and back again, Westwood 2nd for his two assists, though it sounds like the rest of the lads were not up to usual standards this afternoon. 

When Charlie Nicholas on Soccer Saturday shouted "GOAL" my heat sank thinking it was a late Norwich winner like Everton and Swansea, but when I saw Gabby had bagged again I practically shouted in joy and relieve so the whole of the pub turned around after hearing me :P #passionate 

Edited by Avflife

Having watched our bit of MOTD I think Bennett was a bit of a lucky boy today. Guzan had a few rushes out which I thought he had removed from his game. But these are small points. We grinded out a win today and had a bit of luck our way. That hasnt happened a lot this year. Very happy! UTV

For me the deciding game is Wigan away at Arsenal. No way the unflushable turds are going to win that one

And the home game to Swansea. 1 point from them two games and we are 100% safe. Swansea should go out

and kick every Wigan player in the first five minutes so they will be shitting themselves about getting an injury,

and missing the F.A Cup final.

For me the deciding game is Wigan away at Arsenal. No way the unflushable turds are going to win that one

And the home game to Swansea. 1 point from them two games and we are 100% safe. Swansea should go out

and kick every Wigan player in the first five minutes so they will be shitting themselves about getting an injury,

and missing the F.A Cup final.

True, but the Swans are in CBA mode now, unfortunately for us.

I was at the Carrew Road last night .. But what a game from Gabby ! We missed some silly chances but the important we had which is 3 points !

I think the penalty was silly but still didn't see the replay ..

Still not safe yet .. But hopefully we stay at the end .. and maybe with a good position !

Snodgrass played us .. ~_~ 

I thought maybe if Sylla wass in the left because of Snodgrass would have been better .. Every time he holds the ball I'm afraid from a card or an assist ! 

• Like 1

Just a note on the midweek fixture - Swansea fans (in general) despise Wigan due to Martinez et all. I can't imagine they'll roll over and help their former manager with 3 easy points. They also play the same game as Wigan, only better. So there's a chance Wigan might not win.

lambert - 10 ( only because we won) it should be a 6 the formation was wrong and once Bennett got the booking we should have made changes

The hubris of some people is incredible!!

The formation was wrong? We won didn't we, so obviously the formation was effective? Maybe Lambert should give you a ring each week to get the benefit of your expertise. If ever the was a game where Lambert knew the exact formation to play this was it

You'd have subbed Bennett after 17 mins? and presumably bought Lichaj on? and then what would you have done when Lowton was injured? moved your best midfielder, Delph to RB and lost the midfield battle and probably the game. Bennett didn't get sent off, we didn't lose the midfield and so consequently won the match. We're fortunate the Lambert is taking these decisions rather than you

I think that's correct, since Bennett grabs him outside the box and Snodgrass drags him in. But if it had been called as outside the box my guess is the ref would have sent him off.

Spot on I think - the ref obviously thought that a penalty was punishment enough. Had he given a foul outside then I think Bennett would have walked. TBH I would have taken that scenario at the time. 10 men and 1-0 up .v. 11 men and 1-1

I'm a supporter of Bennett, this has been a really tough season to make a massive step up and I believe in giving young players time to develop, however he is not yet robust enough and needs to bulk up a little and cut out the stupid fouls if he is going to cut it at this level. I wonder whether eventually he might find a spot in midfield?

Having watched the extended highlights on football first, I'm very surprised by a lot of reactions on this thread.

It seems that after Monday people were expecting to go away to a team that had lost 3 at home all season and completely outplay them.

First half was devoid of any real quality, and 0-0 was a very fitting scoreline at the break.

Second half it took a moment of magic from Gabby to get the game going. There's always more chance of us doing that than Norwich as our front 3 possess a lot of quality.

At 1-0 up we had two good chances, they offered nothing until the 75th minute when we gifted them a penalty.

Agbonlahor's performance was determined and a match-winning one though and he would not be denied.

Only thing that stopped me enjoying this win more was baggies not being capable of even drawing at home to Wigan.

• Like 1

It's a long while since a Villa player made me do a little dance around my living room. Thank you Gabby. It was emotional.

Our inability to keep a clean sheet is a real problem when goals are scarce. How many will we need to score against Chelsea to get anything out of the game?

By the by, I had to suffer through Tony Gayle's co-commentary on the stream I was watching. What a pain in the hole.

Repeatedly trying to blame the Norwich keeper for Gabby's first. Jog on.

It's a long while since a Villa player made me do a little dance around my living room. Thank you Gabby. It was emotional.

Our inability to keep a clean sheet is a real problem when goals are scarce. How many will we need to score against Chelsea to get anything out of the game?

By the by, I had to suffer through Tony Gayle's co-commentary on the stream I was watching. What a pain in the hole.

Repeatedly trying to blame the Norwich keeper for Gabby's first. Jog on.

Couldn't agree more about Tony Gayle's co-commentary.  He was critical about every thing that Villa did.  What a word removed.

Higlights. 1:10 for the penalty. Snodgrass definatley grabs his arm.

I didn't think it was a foul myself. Bennett got his body in front of Snodgrass so he's been fouled if anything.

Edit: nevermind I just watched the highlights and it probably was!

Edited by fightoffyour
Â