• Westwood
    • Delph
    • Sylla
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Weimann
    • Lichaj (for Lowton 27)
    • Holman (for Sylla 78)

gabby immense! best performance since the norwich game at home last season (3-2 win?) he smashed them single handedly then

bennett really poor, everyone else i think just got sucked in to it being a really poor game all round, couldnt rise above it

westwood brilliant assist, benteke quiet

was it a pen? might have been outisde the box but id balance it with him being lucky not to get sent off

just the **** baggies letting us down, no doubt them words removed were happy with that result too

We really need to stop these silly mistakes.

I'm not having a go at Bennet, I think he has played well recently and hopefully he will learn. Warnock made just as many mistakes last season and he is supposedly a 'seasoned pro'

Oh and I have a head-ache.

Thought we were absolutely terrible. I don't know if it was Lamberts tactics to stand off and let Norwich play but it did not help us. We play best pressurising the attack and pushing up the field when the oppositions defence have the ball, we don't have a good enough defence or midfield to let teams play. Though Sylla was excellent and a real workhorse (one of the only guys for us who was other than Wiemman and Gabby) and was confused when he was brought off and not Delph who I thought was way below par. Gabby once again put 110% in and showed why he is Mr Aston Villa. Thought Benteke was awful, poor touch, not in the game at all

Isn't this the sign of a good team... winning despite a poor performance? The distance between Gabby and our second-best player spans half the country. And the distance between our second-worst and Joe Bennett is about the same.

Well we needed this win because it looks like Wigan are going to hold on to their 3-2 at West Brom. On top of that, it looks like the team going down could well get 40+ points this season. I think we still need 1 more point at the very least - preferably a draw against Chelsea, so we can go into the Wigan game guaranteed to stay up.

We were poor today. I thought Westwood, Sylla, Vlaar, and Benteke looked okay. Gaby played out of his skin and was a clear man of the match. Everybody else was poor. Bennett should have been sent off. Benteke could have been sent off. Delph lost the ball over and over again. Weimann (who was class against Sunderland) looked like he'd celebrated too hard last week. Guzan nearly threw it all away at the end. Baker still gives the impression of basically only having one ability (winning headers) and absolutely nothing else. We were very very lucky today.

But we've been unlucky earlier in the season, so I guess we deserved a break for once.

I can't see us picking up any more points to be honest.. not at Chelsea and not sure on Wigan.. so this best be enough.

we've just won twice on the bounce and won five in our last eight, seems bizarre to say that.  It will be hard but defeat before we've even kicked a ball

Â