Worst Premiership Villa Side Ever?

villa-revolution

Taylor

Hutton Cuellar Ridgewell Samuel

Djemba Djemba  Osbourne Salifou(still a hero)

Heskey Balaban Crouch

I'd put Marcus Allback on that team before Heskey, he was useless for us

He may have been useless for 90% of the time, but he saved us from relegation that one year with his goals against Sunderland, Chelsea and co.

Taylor

Hutton Cuellar Ridgewell Samuel

Djemba Djemba  Osbourne Salifou(still a hero)

Heskey Balaban Crouch

Cuellar? Dreadful value for money but he wasn't that bad for us.

Randy Lerner Era:

Kiraly

Hutton Beye Shorey

Agathe Djemba-x2 Makoun Ireland

Baros Heskey Harewood

Ellis Era

Enckleman

Unsworth Ghrayib Alpay 

Leonhardsen Curcic Standing Kachloul

Balaban Crouch Boulding

There is no way that Hendrie should be in there.

Salifou doesn't count, I don't remember his (1 or 2?) premier league appearences.

Enkelman is keeper for sure.

Manager is obviously McLeish. Made DoL and GT mk2 look like geniuses.

Zatman....CUELLER? Really? Part of the best defense I've seen for years in 2008/09...?!

J Lloyd, Djemba x2, Osbourne, Harewood, Balaban, Heskey, Hutton, Jean II Makoun. Possibly Milan Baros.

Let's face it, we've had some absolute shocking players on our books this past 20 years haven't we, dragging the great name of our beloved claret & blue heroes to new lows of crapness with their totally scandalous performances plummeting new levels & depths of sheer & utter ineptitude since the Premiership's inception in August 1993.

Below I list what  can only be described as possibly one of the worst compilation's of any Villa team to disgrace the great name of our footbal club ever. An absolutely shocking monstrosity that even frankenstein would shudder at creating. A team that guarantee's Conference football as it's minimum pre-requisite. A team so bad it makes you want to :puke:

For convenience I've gone 4:4:2

Enckelman

Beye       Scimeca   Alpay   Warnock

Djemba-Djemba   Hendrie   Bannan   Boulding

Heskey  Harewood

The Manager would ofcourse be DOL.

The biggest problem in this selection was the RB spot as  Hutton & Ghrayib were seriously in the frame as extremely strong candidates here so just how crap is Habib Beye?

Do you agree with this team selection or perish the thought have I over looked anyone in my haste? And no! I haven't forgotten about Baros, Salifou or Zat Knight either.

Can you do any better?

Or should that be any worse?

Please tell me it isn't so......................Scary! :P

Are you kiding me!!! The Alpay/Mellberg combo was fantastic. And Hendrie was really really good initially. 

And were is Bosko and Davies? based on value they must be close to the top of flops! 

I think a distinction needs to be made between those who were rubbish (like Heskey), and those who just didn't work out (like Makoun).

I think we should stick to the former personally, Makoun, Berson, Balaban etc would probably have been good players under the right management.

Behold, this nightmarish vision...

keeper.png
P.Enckelman

home.png
U.de la Cruz

home.png
C.Calderwood

home.png
R.Johnsen

home.png
J.Samuel

home.png
M.Kinsella

home.png
S.Ćurčić

home.png
D.Ginola

home.png
Ø.Leonhardsen

home.png
C.Cole

home.png
E.Heskey

Edited by GarethRDR

I have no idea how I missed "Useless" De La Cruz.

A lot might not agree with me as he seems to have emerged untarnished, but I couldn't stand watching George Boetang. He seemed to be a one man fouling machine.

If we're chuck past-its like Ginola in there, might as well put Pires in the mix. The only thing he managed to do was create a lot of negative news headlines and get a chauffer from London.

Carson was way worse than Enckelman. Schmeichel was probably worse than Enckelman in the second half of the 01-02 season, a ridiculous amount of goals at fault of the "great" Dane.

Also Balaban has to be in the team. 6m for no goals whatsoever.

Essentially though its the 2002-03 team with a few additions.

Since I started following Villa in 2004-2005

Kiraly

De La Cruz - Ridgewell - Hughes - Samuel

Agathe - Osbourne - Djemba-Djemba - Berger??

Cole - Sutton

Compared to:

Guzan

Cuellar - Mellberg - Laursen - Bouma

Milner - Petrov - Barry - Young

Benteke - Agbonlahor

Carson was way worse than Enckelman. Schmeichel was probably worse than Enckelman in the second half of the 01-02 season, a ridiculous amount of goals at fault of the "great" Dane.

Also Balaban has to be in the team. 6m for no goals whatsoever.

Essentially though its the 2002-03 team with a few additions.

After reviewing my initial selection I am now replacing Boulding with De La Cruz as, as one poster has correctly pointed out Boulding did not actually make a Premiership appearance. Plus, R Bear has also convinced me that with absolutely no goals to offer whatsoever from Balaban, in the annals of shitness he must surely now be included & therefore replaces Harewood in this shocking house of horrors.

Also, to confirm & justify my original selection Lee Hendrie stays in the team. Reason being, he can't shoot, he can't dribble, he can't tackle, he can't get from box to box & he can't head the ball either.

I am trying to weigh up in my mind whose most miserable performances of all these total imbeciles should be made captain & have decided that total dishonour goes to crappo Barry Bannan & this only because at least Hendrie may possibly be able to take a corner kick.............Just!

So, to confirm, the team now reads:                           Enckelman

Beye    Scimeca  Alpay   Warnock

Djemba-Djemba  Hendrie Bannan © De La Cruz

Heskey  Balaban

Manager: McGinger Bollocks

I am still open to persuasion, but please, please, for Godsake tell me that there are no more. :angry::bang: :bang:

...................................Carson..........................

DLCruz.........Ridgewell........Clark.....JL Samuel

Boulding....Leonhardsen....Kinsella........Barry

......................Balaban.......Harewood..............,

Surely not Gareth Barry?

Â