Worst Premiership Villa Side Ever?

villa-revolution

PaulC, Pelle & claretman- I humbly accept your arguement & now I throw it out to you to nominate his central midfield replacement to be included here. Tell me your choice & I will include whom I consider the best nomination.

Now let me get back to that humble pie :)

Salifou

Osbourne

Okay Zatman, Isiah Tossbourne it is! :)

Team now reads:

Enckelman

Beye  Alpay Scimeca Warnock

Djemba-Djemba Osbourne Bannan (Capt) De La Cruz

Balaban Heskey

Manager:Ginger McTurd

Happy Now? :D

No I'm still not happy. Its unfair to put Bannan in when his career is still in its infancy. I agree with the other three in midfield. I would put Nigel Callaghan in or maybe Stephen Ireland as he has cost us a substancial amount of money in fee and wages.  We have had worse strikers than Heskey.  Tony Cascarino, Alun Evans or Marlon Harewood

PaulC - I hear your arguement regarding Bannan but I am purely basing his selection on what he has delivered to date & so far his performances have been horrific! As with shares, past performance is no guarantee of future success & vice versa so for his sake & all of our sakes I hope he comes good & then I will happily drop him from this team. (Being dropped is something wee Barry is now used to anyway)

can't we agree on Stephen Ireland instead then. After all he's costing us 80k a week. Bannan at least came through our academy and is on a fraction of the wage Ireland is on and at least looks like he's bothered

Again Ireland is a good shout. problem is he linked up the play that well with Robbie Keane during his loan spell & started to show his true potential. At least Ireland has had a handful of decent games. Bannan has none!

Yes he's provided great value for money and its interesting that Lambert has totally given up on him. However I fully respect your views.

I agree. It's a pity because Ireland does have great  potential ability but he really needs greater quality players around him for him to perform. Witness just how good he was with Robinho at Man City. Also, he signed for us in Limbo as part of the Milner deal & we had no proper manager at the time.

paradoxically, Ireland may well be shipped out this Summer & ironically being replaced with the better quality players coming in that his game so craves.

Bottom Line = Ireland is a luxury we can ill afford..

PaulC, Pelle & claretman- I humbly accept your arguement & now I throw it out to you to nominate his central midfield replacement to be included here. Tell me your choice & I will include whom I consider the best nomination.

Salifou

Osbourne

Team now reads:

Enckelman

Balaban Heskey

No I'm still not happy. Its unfair to put Bannan in when his career is still in its infancy. I agree with the other three in midfield. I would put Nigel Callaghan in or maybe Stephen Ireland as he has cost us a substancial amount of money in fee and wages.  We have had worse strikers than Heskey.  Tony Cascarino, Alun Evans or Marlon Harewood

PaulC - I hear your arguement regarding Bannan but I am purely basing his selection on what he has delivered to date & so far his performances have been horrific! As with shares, past performance is no guarantee of future success & vice versa so for his sake & all of our sakes I hope he comes good & then I will happily drop him from this team. (Being dropped is something wee Barry is now used to anyway)

can't we agree on Stephen Ireland instead then. After all he's costing us 80k a week. Bannan at least came through our academy and is on a fraction of the wage Ireland is on and at least looks like he's bothered

Again Ireland is a good shout. problem is he linked up the play that well with Robbie Keane during his loan spell & started to show his true potential. At least Ireland has had a handful of decent games. Bannan has none!

Yes he's provided great value for money and its interesting that Lambert has totally given up on him. However I fully respect your views.

I Witness just how good he was with Robinho at Man City.

Yes and I thought he was a good signing because of that, and he's been a huge let down. We expected a goal scoring midfield player and he has got 1 goal for us. Its because we know what he can do and he's been such a let down I would have him in that team ahead of Bannan

Salifou

Osbourne

Team now reads:

Enckelman

Balaban Heskey

I Witness just how good he was with Robinho at Man City.

Yes and I thought he was a good signing because of that, and he's been a huge let down. We expected a goal scoring midfield player and he has got 1 goal for us. Its because we know what he can do and he's been such a let down I would have him in that team ahead of Bannan

Okay PaulC - I'm pretty open minded & you have made many valid points, so I'll throw it out to the floor. Bannan V Ireland to play in Cente Midfield in the worst Villa Prem team ever.

Let's see what other's decide.

I dislike both but my vote would have to go to Ireland.

You make it sound like the Eurovision Song Contest 8pints! Do you want me to put Terry Wogan in the team? ;)

Haha Very good :) I didn't even realise, curse that man and his Geography surname :D

Wogan can be Director of Football.

I dislike both but my vote would have to go to Ireland.

You make it sound like the Eurovision Song Contest 8pints! Do you want me to put Terry Wogan in the team? ;)

Haha Very good :) I didn't even realise, curse that man and his Geography surname :D

Wogan can be Director of Football.

Great News 8pints - Have just offered TW the job & he started doing the Floral Dance! :P

• Like 1

Scott Carson

Alan Hutton   Jlloyd Samuel   Curtis Davies   Habib Beye   Nicky Shorey

Isaiah Osbourne   Djemba Djemba

Stephen Ireland

Carlton Cole  John Fashanu

Subs: Gustavo Bartelt   Fabio Ferraresi   David Unsworth

Manager: Alex Mcleish

DOF: Doug's super-duper-secret transfer target list

Honourable mentions to Tommy Johnson and Gary Charles who were absolutely **** appalling before they got decent and Gavin McCann who was decent before he got absolutely **** appalling.

Edited by flamingsombrero

I would put Friedal as being one of the more useless. The only thing he could do was stop the ball if it came at him. Anything to the side, or commanding the area/defense he was the worse!

Or perhaps Given. Hasn't played much, but with his wages and his poor displays and cockups as got to be the worse all in.  (He use to be a top keeper, but we got him too late)

Rubbish.

Friedel wasn't amazing, but he was very good. To call him the most useless amongst some of the others we've had is madness.

Same with GIven. He started this season poorly and was rightly dropped, but everyone seems to forget that he was one of the reasons we stayed in the league last season. He was perfectly fine in goal last year.

No. People only judge keepers on what they notice. ie. the saves they make.

In Friedals case you notice he made a fantastic stop. What you dont notice was that it was straight down his throat or within reach. You don't notice the goals he lets in that are a yard either side, or the fact that another keeper would have in fact saved them. You also don't notice there poor ability in the air, catching and commanding his players.

People only have a perception on keepers based on saves and mistakes and not there overall game or their performance compared to other keepers.

I also didnt say he was most useless; just that he was one in a group of under performing keepers we have had.

You're of course entitled to your (incredibly patronising) opinion.

But in this case, your opinion is totally wrong.

Edited by Stevo985

One of my favourite things about Brad.sr was his calmness receiving pass-backs

Cue someone posted evidence of him messing one up.

Absolutely this!! After 7 years or so of Enkleman, Sorenson and Carson it was so nice to not have to try and stop your heart from leaping out of your mouth every time the ball dribbled tamely towards the keeper for a change.

• Like 1

One of my favourite things about Brad.sr was his calmness receiving pass-backs

Cue someone posted evidence of him messing one up.

Absolutely this!! After 7 years or so of Enkleman, Sorenson and Carson it was so nice to not have to try and stop your heart from leaping out of your mouth every time the ball dribbled tamely towards the keeper for a change.

Spot on! Brad was that cool that he could easily stop a shot by calmly throwing a flamingsombrero on it! ;)

Also Adamrob69 are you on a wind up. Enckelman v Friedal is an absolute no contest! :suspect: :suspect:

With a qualification of at least 10 games played, and not including players who were class players but were Barry White for us cos they were too old (Schmeichel would have made the team otherwise). Being poor value for money is not relevant either, just being a truly awful footballer for the Villa 

You couldn't get a team more hideous than this one though. They would be playing a strange  4-5-1 formation to fit in as many defensively minded players as possible which means that Mcleish would be the manager. Djemba-Djemba would be the captain as he is the 2 worst players I've ever seen for villa.

Enckelman

Shorey

Knight

Tiler

Hutton

Djemba2 (Capt.)

Osbourne

Gudjonssen

Kinsella

De La Cruz

S. Moore

Some of the 'worst' teams I've seen here would put 3 or 4 past this team.

Can't believe Alpay's being proposed for a worst ever Villa PL team. Him and Mellberg were superb together. Villa had one of the best centre halves in Europe after the WC in 2002 and Taylor just black-balled him from the side. We should have supported him then and we should have supported him over the Beckham incident, when we just fell in line with the media and ditched him because he dared challenge the nation's sweet heart.

Ronny Johnsen, Ridgewell, Zat Knight, Collins, Dunne, Curtis Davies, Cuellar all worse IMHO - maybe Vlaar/Baker/Clark too but have to give benefit of the doubt as all three could well become extremely good.

Also Hendrie was one of our first choice midfielders for 7-8 seasons including when we finished 6-7th for a few years in a row and reached the FA Cup final. You could rhyme off at least 10-15 inferior midfielders we've had to Hendrie. Pretty sure he was player of the year once or twice early on in his career?

Enkelman

De la Cruz

Beye

Tiler

Samuel

Jonathan Hogg playing for Watford today should be ahead of Bannan, as should:

Berson

Kinsella

Pires (for us)

Osbourne

Balaban

Subs: Djemba Twins, Salifou, Whittingham, Allback