Worst Premiership Villa Side Ever?

villa-revolution

Let's face it, we've had some absolute shocking players on our books this past 20 years haven't we, dragging the great name of our beloved claret & blue heroes to new lows of crapness with their totally scandalous performances plummeting new levels & depths of sheer & utter ineptitude since the Premiership's inception in August 1993.

Below I list what  can only be described as possibly one of the worst compilation's of any Villa team to disgrace the great name of our footbal club ever. An absolutely shocking monstrosity that even frankenstein would shudder at creating. A team that guarantee's Conference football as it's minimum pre-requisite. A team so bad it makes you want to :puke:

For convenience I've gone 4:4:2

Enckelman

Beye       Scimeca   Alpay   Warnock

Djemba-Djemba   Hendrie   Bannan   Boulding

Heskey  Harewood

The Manager would ofcourse be DOL.

The biggest problem in this selection was the RB spot as  Hutton & Ghrayib were seriously in the frame as extremely strong candidates here so just how crap is Habib Beye?

Do you agree with this team selection or perish the thought have I over looked anyone in my haste? And no! I haven't forgotten about Baros, Salifou or Zat Knight either.

Can you do any better?

Or should that be any worse?

Please tell me it isn't so......................Scary! :P

Hendrie and Alpay will be donning the brass knuckles and knocking on your door soon.

If they don't, then I just might - there is no way in hell they feature in the worst Villa 11.

- Swap Hendrie for Kinsella.

- Swap Alpay for Collins/Knight/Ridgewell/Unsworth.

• Like 1

Hendrie and Alpay will be donning the brass knuckles and knocking on your door soon.

If they don't, then I just might - there is no way in hell they feature in the worst Villa 11.

Unsworth never kicked a ball for us, did he?

Unsworth never kicked a ball for us, did he?

Exactly. Useless!  B)

I'd put Marcus Allback on that team before Heskey, he was useless for us

I beg to differ. His run of goals at the end of GTs season kept us up. That Sunderland win was huge. Also helped us beat Chelsea. Massive results. Admittedly poor elsewhere but for those goals Id leave him out here.

Kiraly

Unsworth

Ghrayib

Beye

Leonhardsen

Kinsella

Kachloul

Djemba Djemba

Balaban

Harewood

Walker

Edited by Rodders
  • Like 1

...................................Carson..........................

DLCruz.........Ridgewell........Clark.....JL Samuel

Boulding....Leonhardsen....Kinsella........Barry

......................Balaban.......Harewood..............,

I know I'm going to get stick for including Barry, but I stand by it. Under DOL he was put out wide, as a wide player he was useless and don't give me this 'he was a LM'er not a winger' bullshit I don't buy it - he was crap. A piss poor crosser with no pace to beat a man.

The Manager would ofcourse be DOL.

I know of a ginger headed Scot who was a wee bit worse

As the OP I can't believe I overlooked this! Unreal!...............It just couldn't possibly be anybody else could it? Sincere apologies to DOL :blush: :blush: :blush:

How the hell can some of you put Hendrie in your worst 11's?? Get a grip!!

My team would be...

Kiraly

Beye

King

Bewers

Ghrayib

Leonhardsen

Berson

Djemba Djemba

Curcic

De Bilde

Tarrant

Looking back, we have had some awful players, especially the squad Taylor assembled second time out.

• Like 1

How the hell can some of you put Hendrie in your worst 11's?? Get a grip!!

My team would be...

Kiraly

Beye

King

Bewers

Ghrayib

Leonhardsen

Berson

Djemba Djemba

Curcic

De Bilde

Tarrant

Looking back, we have had some awful players, especially the squad Taylor assembled second time out.

Hard to argue with most of those, but I just couldn't bring myself to put King in... just for that penalty against Inter! I'd put DLC at CB (didn't he play there once or twice to cover injuries?)

And got to be a shout for Byfield upfront in place of De Bilde.

Also Franz Carr on the wing (apart from the goal in the cup vs Forest, he was surely not any better than EricX2)?

I would put Boulding in, but don't think he played a PL game for us, did he?

Â