Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Benteke is not leaving at the moment so hence we are not in for him.

still for the money he is going to Swansea for.. its a bargain. Would have been awesome to have him with Benteke.

It is actually blind faith if you make the statement if Lambert wants him I'll back him even though you know nothing about the player.

Lambert has made one fantastic signing in benteke and several very good signings but he has also made poor signings so I just don't get why we should back him on every signing he makes and that for me is showing blind faith.

It's not blind faith, let me explain why, every manager who signs a player which is not well known has a team of qualified scouts behind him looking at the players and judging wether they are up to the task, so when PL makes these signings they've been scouted, discussed at length and then an approach has been made, what everyone here is getting at is that we have faith in Lambert that the players he has signed have been scouted and he knows about them, we as fans are not experts, not scouts, we leave that to the professionals but what we must do is back and support our club regardless of wether you've heard of them, I've heard of them or anyone else on this forum has!

One season does not warrant someone calling a player bad, see how they perform the second season! Players who have had an amazing first season have fallen at the gates the second season and then again players who failed the first have been MVP the second.

All we're saying is if you're a Villa fan, support the club, trust that the man on charge knows what he is doing!

Get behind the team for Christ sake! Stop looking at the negatives and focus on the positives that we have made our signings early so team can gel sooner, young, hungry players who want to prove they are ready for the big time, not over the hill or players who are quite happy to sit on the bench all season and pick up a fat wedge!

To be honest I think you're one of those fans that if we signed Ronaldo you'd moan it wasn't Messi.

• Like 4

It is actually blind faith if you make the statement if Lambert wants him I'll back him even though you know nothing about the player. 

Lambert has made one fantastic signing in benteke and several very good signings but he has also made poor signings so I just don't get why we should back him on every signing he makes and that for me is showing blind faith.

I bet you're fun at christmas. 

Post on poster and i would suggest if you don't wish to debate properly then just leave it.

No it isn't because he has a track record of making good signings at Villa.

No-one has said that he hasn't but he has made some very poor signings which did contribute to last season so you'll excuse me if i don't yet have 100% blind faith in our manager especially since he very well near relegated us.

Supporting our manager and players is blind faith? We shouldn't back every signing?

What shall we do then pick names out of a hat to decide who we will get behind?

Alright then buddy!

Did you back McLeish when under his tenure when we were linked with Henry?

Edited by Morpheus

Did you back McLeish when under his tenure we were linked with Henry?

Stop with the blind faith thing. I tried explaining a few posts up why you're wrong to throw it around.

So lets get this straight. We should have unquestionable faith in Lambert because he's made several good signings yet ignore the bad ones he's made and that's my point.

Nobody said he only makes good signings. They said he makes a lot of good signings and If some dont work out then so be it but at least they are cheap and on low wages so we wont have an ireland situation on our hands again. That is why we have faith in his dealings.

So we now have faith in Lambert's signings due to being cheap. Excellent stuff!

You're getting close to putting words in peoples' mouths because you are twisting what people are saying. You also seem to have an incorrect understanding of the term blind faith. Lambert has shown that he scouts his players properly. Wasn't he supposed to have had a 30-page report on Westwood or some such? It is not 'blind' faith to back a manager that has shown he doesn't just sign players he knows nothing about. It is a confidence in the manager's ability based on what he has done to date.

The comment i engaged the poster on was 'if Lambert wants him then ill back him.'

I certainly don't subscribe to the view that just because our manager wants a player that we should automatically back him on that. To me doing so is showing blind faith in the manager. I'd want to know first and foremost is that player any good and i don't think many on here backed McLeish when we were linked with Henry.

Our manager has made some terrific signings and yes i suppose that in itself should promote some confidence in him but again should we be blinded by that and back every one of his signings when he has also made some very poor signings along with breaking some records last season that embarrassed the club and fans alike.

As for putting words in other posters mouths and twisting what they say. Read the posters point of view again.

Did you back McLeish when under his tenure we were linked with Henry?

Stop with the blind faith thing. I tried explaining a few posts up why you're wrong to throw it around.

Excuse me, what?

I'm wrong because you say i am.

I'm entitled to an opinion am i not and whether your a moderator or not it doesn't give you the right to tell me to stop posting my opinion unless its in breach of site rules which it certainly is not!

It's not blind faith, let me explain why, every manager who signs a player which is not well known has a team of qualified scouts behind him looking at the players and judging wether they are up to the task, so when PL makes these signings they've been scouted, discussed at length and then an approach has been made, what everyone here is getting at is that we have faith in Lambert that the players he has signed have been scouted and he knows about them, we as fans are not experts, not scouts, we leave that to the professionals but what we must do is back and support our club regardless of wether you've heard of them, I've heard of them or anyone else on this forum has!

One season does not warrant someone calling a player bad, see how they perform the second season! Players who have had an amazing first season have fallen at the gates the second season and then again players who failed the first have been MVP the second.

All we're saying is if you're a Villa fan, support the club, trust that the man on charge knows what he is doing!

Get behind the team for Christ sake! Stop looking at the negatives and focus on the positives that we have made our signings early so team can gel sooner, young, hungry players who want to prove they are ready for the big time, not over the hill or players who are quite happy to sit on the bench all season and pick up a fat wedge!

To be honest I think you're one of those fans that if we signed Ronaldo you'd moan it wasn't Messi.

To be honest i'd want both.  ;)

Post on poster and i would suggest if you don't wish to debate properly then just leave it.

No-one has said that he hasn't but he has made some very poor signings which did contribute to last season so you'll excuse me if i don't yet have 100% blind faith in our manager especially since he very well near relegated us.

You keep bringing up the "very poor" signings but most of his signings were good, some of them very very good, so it's not blind faith that people trust his judgement with regards to signings when he brought in players like Sylla, Benteke, Vlaar, Lowton and Westwood

Supporting our manager and players is blind faith? We shouldn't back every signing?

What shall we do then pick names out of a hat to decide who we will get behind?

Alright then buddy!

Did you back McLeish when under his tenure when we were linked with Henry?

Probably not because McLeish had a poor record (much much poorer than Lambert) with signings at Villa and I'm sure he already saw a lot of Henry to make his own proper judgement.

Excuse me, what?

I'm wrong because you say i am.

I'm entitled to an opinion am i not and whether your a moderator or not it doesn't give you the right to tell me to stop posting my opinion unless its in breach of site rules which it certainly is not!

Of course you're entitled to an opinion. No-one has said your opinion is wrong. What you are wrong on is in describing people who disagree with you as having blind faith. You are continually misusing the term in an attempt to strengthen your own position by belittling theirs. You've also now started to twist their words and change the meaning of their posts. I'd strongly suggest you stop mislabelling people and stop twisting their posts and stick to trying to make your point.
  • Like 3

In more "other" news, Cornelius has gone to Cardiff for a fee around £7.5m. Good deal for them but also means the Helenius deal sure could turn in to a real steal for us.

Edited by Wes

I come to this thread to see unverified Twitter bollocks and made-up links by the press.

Less 'blind faith' arguments (start another thread perhaps?)

MOAR Twitter baloney please.

• Like 1

So , transfer speculation then. Hope we can shift Ireland and bent, may mean another few signings

Dear Newcastle, please hurry up.
  • Like 1

To be honest i'd want both. ;)

Read the rest of the post rather than last few lines, what I was trying to get across is that we have faith in the manager that he knows what he is doing, it sounds like you only want him to sign players you've heard of, is that a correct statement?

Just because someone are more optimistic and positive than you doesn't mean they're blind. This smacks to me as a silly attempt to put degrading labels on other's opinions to somehow make your pow seem better.

Actually this is what I like most about being a Villa fan nowadays: Having almost complete faith in my manager on the base of experience instead of having to resort to some degree of hope that "this time it will maybe turn out okay" or something like that. Paul Lambert is certainly not a god, nor does he possess a perfect footballing brain (e.g. tactics) but some of his signings so far has been nothing less than revelations. If this dude's dealings in the transfer market wasn't able to make me somewhat expectant and excited I would seriously consider why i bothered being a football fan at all.