Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

I think now we still need back up players for the positions of right back (for Lowton), goalkeeper (for Guzan) and a right-sided striker/winger (for Weimann).

Definitely think some of these players will be sourced from our own lower leagues.

I would be more than happy to keep Chris Herd as back up for Lowton.

But would Lambert?

Personally I think if Lambert wasn't going to bring in a back up for Lowton then he would have kept hold of Lichaj (who he used several times as back up in the season just gone).

Aston Villa have confirmed Australian midfielder Brett Holman's contract has been cancelled by mutual consent.

Holman joined Villa on a free transfer from AZ Alkmaar 12 months ago in a deal that had been arranged by former manager Alex McLeish.

Paul Lambert subsequently replaced McLeish as Villa boss and he included Holman regularly in his plans last season.

The 29-year-old made 27 appearances in the Premier League and scored his only league goal in a 1-1 draw with Queens Park Rangers last December.

However, with Lambert having already agreed five new signings for next season, reports suggested Holman would be one of the players allowed to leave to make room for the arrivals.

His contract has now been terminated and Villa's decision has freed up Holman to complete a move to the Middle East.

United Arab Emirates club Al Nasr confirmed on Thursday that personal terms had been agreed with Holman, who needed to undergo a medical before finalising his move.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/8788296/Aston-Villa-cancel-Brett-Holman-s-contract-ahead-of-midfielder-s-move-to-Al-Nasr

That would be the only reason we would go for Bony. So, should there suddenly be interest shown in that direction, I would half expect it to be followed by the exit of CB.

Which, for some reason, I don't think will happen for another year.

Why on earth have we let Holman leave for free?

got him for free, didn't want him anymore and didn't want to hinder any move for him, costing nothing helped him and helped us, we didn't have to pay him to go

Hypothetically, would anyone trade Benteke for Bony, Wanyama and Belhanda? (Provided net spent was about 0-3£ M)

Yes.

Not sure myself, but thinking like this makes it easier to accept a potential sale. Even though Lambert wouldn't spend that much on 3 players.

Hypothetically, would anyone trade Benteke for Bony, Wanyama and Belhanda? (Provided net spent was about 0-3£ M)

Probably, yes.

Guzan

Lowton   Vlaar   Okore   Luna

Westwood   Wanyama

Weimann  Belhanda  Agbonlahor

Bony

Is potentially a very good team. 

But if we got the £30m+ we would need to fund those 3 transfers 1) we wouldnt spend the lot, around £6-10m would go to Lerner and keeping the club afloat. 2) Lambert would never spend that much on 3 players 3) Their wages would go through the roof as soon as they knew we had that much money and that keeping fans happy were dependant on these type of replacements.

I'd rather keep Benteke than gamble on those outcomes instead. However, if by some miracle it was guaranteed that we would sell Benteke, get these as replacements and their wages would be within our structure. Then hell yes. It would be a huge improvement to the team.

Why on earth have we let Holman leave for free?

...because no one out there believes he's worth anything?
You'd think even £250k world be worth having, I'm sure the Arabs could afford that. Anyway, wish him good luck always put a shift in for villa.

Yes, but I don't think anyone wold give us sixty odd million for Benteke and I don't think we could afford to make up the difference.

Yes, but I don't think anyone wold give us sixty odd million for Benteke and I don't think we could afford to make up the difference.

£60 odd million?

£60 odd million?

£10m each and £60k a week for all three against £30m for Benteke and the £3m in wages we'd save.