Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

I'm just wondering where all these players are going to fit in. I think we'll have quite a few going out

as well as Ireland Bent and Given with luck, I think Stevens, Holman, and Herd will all go too - and Delfouneso. What about Gary Gardner - does he get a look in this season?

Looks like there's gonna be a real scrap for a 1st team shirt next season which can only lead to healthy competition throughout the whole team.

• Like 1

Keisuke Honda is available on a free, great little player

On a free? Are you sure? If so sign him up now!!!

his contract expires at the end of the russian season, so he has 6 months left, we can sign him up now and he'll join in january

so FM tells me anyway...

What about Gary Gardner - does he get a look in this season?

Well he did make the bench or was at least with the first team squad, last couple of games, so lambert is obviously aware of him. Think he will need regular games to get fully to speed and get confidence back. Guessing we might see him loaned out for the first half of the season

I came on here expecting to see nothing but 2 transfer links, on a Sunday!

This is by far the best transfer window ever.

All I can say is sign them up Lambert, sign the up!!!

• Like 1

Does Lambert point-blank refuse to buy anyone over 23??

Point is, buying them young like this, it is unquantifiable where they will finish up in terms of development.

Benteke's rise has been meteoric in just 12months, others could do the same, some could stay as they are.

It's just so exciting, the uncertainty of it all.

(Aka Saunders days)

I'm just wondering where all these players are going to fit in. I think we'll have quite a few going out

as well as Ireland Bent and Given with luck, I think Stevens, Holman, and Herd will all go too - and Delfouneso. What about Gary Gardner - does he get a look in this season?

They will ALL get a look in its called a squad....which we haven't had for sometime.

We are getting back to days of fighting for the shirt.

• Like 1

Does Lambert point-blank refuse to buy anyone over 23??

Point is, buying them young like this, it is unquantifiable where they will finish up in terms of development.

Benteke's rise has been meteoric in just 12months, others could do the same, some could stay as they are.

It's just so exciting, the uncertainty of it all.

(Aka Saunders days)

Only one of these signings needs to be anywhere near Benteke's standard to vastly improve our team. Obviously without having seen any of them actually play Premiership football the jury remains out, However, I have to say that the clips of Tonev, Okore & Helenius posted on this site make me think we really are onto something here. Most positive transfer window for a long, long time.

Edited by villa-revolution
  • Like 1

Sounds to me that Villa is after highly regarded attacking midfielder if the links with Belhanda and Kiyotake are solid, Lambert must be after someone who can instill some creativity and flair into our midfield.

Sounds to me that Villa is after highly regarded attacking midfielder if the links with Belhanda and Kiyotake are solid, Lambert must be after someone who can instill some creativity and flair into our midfield.

Agreed - and looking at the YouTube clips of the likes of Tonev, Helenius and Bacuna all smashing in long range shots, I think PL is trying to add goals from midfield instead of over-reliance on Benteke!

Kiyotake only moved to Nuremberg and signed a 4 year deal last summer. It's basically the same situation as with Benteke for them.

There is no way they will let him go without a big fee, I think Belhanda would actually be more likely.  

Edited by LondonLax

There isn't quite as much money in the Bundesliga though and they signed him for €1m. £10-12m may get him but i'd still be dubious.

However we have bid for, enquired about, spoken to or been linked with: Dempsey, Coutinho, Belhanda and now Kiyotake since Lambert took over. Denials of interest (Coutinho) and conspiracy theories (that i agree with) about Dempsey being bid for to close the Benteke deal aside those are some very good players that all play in the central attacking midfield role.

If we can sign a player of those fours ilk before the close of the window I will be very very happy and we all know we need to add more goals and assists from midfield and this is a key position for us. A player like that threading passes through to our front three and chipping in with goals of their own would be crucial for us.

Hopefully theres no smoke without fire

There isn't quite as much money in the Bundesliga though and they signed him for €1m. £10-12m may get him but i'd still be dubious.

However we have bid for, enquired about, spoken to or been linked with: Dempsey, Coutinho, Belhanda and now Kiyotake since Lambert took over. Denials of interest (Coutinho) and conspiracy theories (that i agree with) about Dempsey being bid for to close the Benteke deal aside those are some very good players that all play in the central attacking midfield role.

If we can sign a player of those fours ilk before the close of the window I will be very very happy and we all know we need to add more goals and assists from midfield and this is a key position for us. A player like that threading passes through to our front three and chipping in with goals of their own would be crucial for us.

Yeah, all those players seem to capable of providing that 'spark' at the team with exception of Dempsey IMO what Villa has lacked for years, maybe ever since Merson: creative player with the flair who can "spark", IMO teams need the player who can spark the game, Gazza was like that, Merson was at least to an extent, Le Tissier (as much as I dislike him nowdays). Lambert seems to share my view that those kind of players can be huge game changers.

What about smoke machines?

Not technically smoke. I remember being told that involved sugar or something when I was little and that made me very excited.

Anyway that's somewhat off topic