Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Last night I thought people were saying he is rubbish, but after watching that clip (obviously YouTube is only showing his best bits) he certainly knows where the net is!

With all these players looking like they're signing for peanuts, do we think Lambert will give us one big signing for £7/£8m aswell?

We've seen what he can do with that amount (Benteke), and I'd love him to surprise us in a few months with another find!

More excited about this:

Montpellier president Louis Nicollin has admitted he has received bids from England and would settle for a cut-price €12 million to allow Younes Belhanda to leave the Ligue 1 club.

R

im not, that to me almost confirms that they were stringing us along

its gone from 5 clubs bidding, to us being the only english club and the one he wants to join, to "bids" and a cut price deal

More excited about this:

Montpellier president Louis Nicollin has admitted he has received bids from England and would settle for a cut-price €12 million to allow Younes Belhanda to leave the Ligue 1 club.

R

Same here. But IF we sign Bacuna, would we sign Belhanda aswell?

Westwood and Bacuna (CM) with Belhanda (AMC) in front of them?

More excited about this:

R

Sylla? Delph? It's all well and good signing all these fancy names but people (who have done no wrong) get left out

hes almost signed and we didnt even have a thread running for the poor lad.

It was created and immediately closed last night because the only concrete link at the time was traced back to a Villa fan's tweet. Seems he actually did have information from the club.

Where the **** is Wes?

Get your arse in gear man!

hes almost signed and we didnt even have a thread running for the poor lad.

It was created and immediately closed last night because the only concrete link at the time was traced back to a Villa fan's tweet. Seems he actually did have information from the club.

scared-internet-o.gif

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 2

wow so this effectively rules out Murphy Belhanda and Popov or any other CM links. Sounds like hes an attacking midfielder.

Don't agree with that. All depends who stays and goes. The impression I'm getting from signings/links so far is that Lambert wants a reasonably big squad of players where few, if any, are guaranteed starters. Tactical variation & plenty of options for the inevitable inconsistency of young players.

Does anyone else think Randy has looked at the potential profits to be made on last years buys and said just go out and buy as many players as you can for this amount of money....

(Hands over the change in his pocket which adds up to about £17.34m)

We'll worry about where they're going to play later

Does anyone else think Randy has looked at the potential profits to be made on last years buys and said just go out and buy as many players as you can for this amount of money....

(Hands over the change in his pocket which adds up to about £17.34m)

We'll worry about where they're going to play later

Yes, I do.

Lambert has already earned a massive amount of trust. I don't think the fees are a stumbling block, within reason.

I personally don't care, as long as the philosophy is maintained.

More excited about this:

R

Sylla? Delph? It's all well and good signing all these fancy names but people (who have done no wrong) get left out

Mehh, oh well. Lambert can figure that one out!

We'll just play 7 in midfield with Okore and Guzan behind them and Benteke/Gabby/Weimann/Helenius fighting for the 2 positions upfront!

Looks to me like Bacuna is back-up for a few positions. Bacupa?. I doubt even PL would be looking for an untried 21yo winger/LB/RB/RW/AM to be first choice for the AM position that we desperately need to fill, and well.

His YouTube vid looks good, but it's about three minutes long and repeating about 40 seconds of actual football. Hmmm.