Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Nursey says bannan/Ireland/bent have been told they can go, albrighton and fonz have a year to prove themselves

How the hell would she know?

250px-Blackadder_2_nursie.jpg

• Like 3

I would happly bet that any player linked with Villa for the time being will not end up playing for us, Lambert and Lerner don't drop hints about incoming players especially to the media and not so early on.

Regardless of what division were in , I think it will be another summer of signing players you need to Google to see who they are. Which in a way is quite refreshing and disturbing all rolled into one.

I'd call it exciting....never knew half of the Saunders signings....it's kinda like being pleasantly surprised when you see them play.

• Like 1

Twitter Rumours setting off about Dries Mertens from PSV because somebody with alot of followers gave a very loose description of a player from Holland that would make Benteke happy that he suggested we have made an approach for! He is a great player but would be too much surely? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51NBqZybiVw

YES PLEASE!!! Brilliant player who would certainly be the icing on the cake forward thinking wise..... If it's not him then it could be Toby Alderwiereld from Ajax (Belgian CB)......?

It would take about £10m to get Mertens. Cannot see it, he will have more successful clubs than us in for him if he is for sale. Think he would work well in our system mind and maybe help keep Benteke. Maybe possible as a 'right, lets show Benteke we need business' move. But I can't really see that being Lamberts style.

Plus the guy who started this Mertens rumour was also adamant that we were signing Kelvin Leerdam and/or William Kvist in January.

Hehe. I was trying to think of the name earlier. Thanks. It was Leerdam. He got that info off Villa_Insider I think. Amazing how some people fall for his false info.

Edited by diehardvillan

Exactly. It makes it interesting for some I guess, but it appears it is the usual suspects once again on twitter. Having said that, he hasn't revealed the players name..That would be madness of course. He will only do that once it is known to the media that we are interested.

Agreed. 

If we're going to sign a Belgian wide attacker, it is more likely to be that Lestienne than Mertens, it would fit in better with Lamberts philosophy. Mertens is just an absolute non-starter.

Lestienne would be a rather nice signing tbh.... Can see us dipping into Belgium again for more players!

"Plus the guy who started this Mertens rumour was also adamant that we were signing Kelvin Leerdam and/or William Kvist in January". I wonder if we might have looked at them when we thought we might have had the money to have bought one of them back then HalfTimePost? Clutching at straws I know but he looks quite a player but no doubt he would be too costly for us. Oh what the hell, shock us and everyone else Villa and go for him now. He like Benteke will only be worth more when sold on and will therefore represent "profitable player trading". It will also be fun to watch the likes of him in a Villa shirt for a season or two as it has or will continue to be with Benteke.