Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Lescott is over the hill. Lacks concentration & is injury prone. A definite big NO from me. We want a good solid CB not someone else's cast offs.

LB, CB & Midfield are vital positions for us to fill if we seriously want to make real progress next season.

We have to address these areas immediately & more importantly we have to get them right.

That said, I've every confidence Lambert will do exactly that.

Lescott is over the hill. Lacks concentration & is injury prone. A definite big NO from me. We want a good solid CB not someone else's cast offs.

Paul McGrath and Martin Laursen were decent cast offs from bigger teams

What you're saying also sounds a lot like this gem "Leading Italian clubs don’t let their best players leave for a relatively small amount, so why would [inter Milan] let Coutinho go?"

I think Lescott would be a great signing if the wages aren't to high, I think he's price is about £4 million. He can also cover left back and bags a few goals.

Although I hope it does.

I hope so too. Also Lescott plays very well for standard / penalty and scored the necessary goals.

Lescott with a beard would be absolutely formidable.

We desperately need an attacking midfielder as well.

Oh, if my passion shared by players from Russia. I'd like to see in Aston Villa, Alan Dzagoev from CSKA Moscow. ;) The only player from Russia, who can play in English football.

What about the U21 left back at cska? Shenikov I think.

I just want us to buy

1) Player with an interesting hairstyle.

2) Player with an interesting name.

3) Player with a name we can make a great chant about.

4) A 'Beast'.

This could be various players but if all these superpowers can be included in to one being I'll be very pleased.

I just want us to buy

4) A 'Beast'.

This could be various players but if all these superpowers can be included in to one being I'll be very pleased.

Yaya Banana fits no. 2. His wiki says he's 6'11" as well but unless he's been running around on his knees when I've seen him that's not true.

• Like 1

Is there really a realistic chance that Benteke will stay? I just find it hard to believe that none of the big guys (in England or on the continent) will come after him with a sizable wad of cash. He's had a fantastic first season, is young and will only get better. I'm not sure why, but I see Benteke as a very ambitious lad looking to further his career, so I think a move would be tempting for him. Obviously just speculating wildly here, but what are your thoughts? Do we have a realistic chance of keeping him?

I just want us to buy

4) A 'Beast'.

Yaya Banana fits no. 2. His wiki says he's 6'11" as well but unless he's been running around on his knees when I've seen him that's not true.

I've seen his hair but maybe he'd fill all four. Sounds apeeling, we do need to sure up the defence too. 

Edited by 8pints

Is there really a realistic chance that Benteke will stay? I just find it hard to believe that none of the big guys (in England or on the continent) will come after him with a sizable wad of cash. He's had a fantastic first season, is young and will only get better. I'm not sure why, but I see Benteke as a very ambitious lad looking to further his career, so I think a move would be tempting for him. Obviously just speculating wildly here, but what are your thoughts? Do we have a realistic chance of keeping him?

In the translated article from Belgium he mentioned players getting a big move after a successful World Cup. I think he'll stay for another year but it wouldn't surprise me if his agent unsettled him or the club decided to cash in.

• Like 1

i'd imagine his manager reminding him he'd still be at genk if it wasn't for him might be helpfull. as would someone with a brain advising him that after 1 or 2 more seasons getting aroudn 20 goals a season he'll be viewed as "proven" and not "potential" and could get on 150k a week at a top club. moving now might not be the best thing for him at all.

I'd be very surprised if he left this yr. It's a world cup year, he is settled, and the main man. I think the Belgium coaches have even told him to stay. The big boys will want to see if he can do it again next season, because at the moment, although he's had a great season, he is still a one season wonder.

I just want us to buy

4) A 'Beast'.

I give you Robert Egbeta...

28934egbeta%20robertson.jpg

1) Falls down a bit here but could, with time, go the full Abel Xavier.

2) His surname is freakin' Egg Beater.  EGG BEATER.

3) He's 6 feet and 7 inches of Nigerian fury.

4) Ohhhhh Bobby Egbetaaaa... he'll kick you in the air, then bake you an éclair...

I like the sound of him, I'd be eggstatic if we got him. You make a good point, even if you got 3) and 4) the wrong way around.

Whoops.  I was too excited by the name to notice.  I mean, how often do you find footballing kitchen utensils?

True, they're usually untapped.

I'll keep my eye out for Egbeta and Banana then.

I think Lescott is a good defender, but not sure it is the right move for us. He has a serious lack of concentration at times too, which wouldn't help our mistake prone defence. I think we need a true leader/ organiser in the back line and that is not Lescott.

In his best days at Everton he rarely played centre back for them