Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

its that age old arguement

Greaves or Hurst

We all know that Greaves was very unlucky to be left out of the world cup Final as he was as prolific as they come.... but Hurst was more of an "all round" forward that would hold the ball up and bring other players in to play. Alf Ramsey had a clear view on it.

It is similar with Benteke and Bent as prolific as Bent can be he has not got the all round work ethic of Benteke and does not give you the same options.

Bent does rely more on good service and is less likely to score individual goals ( self generated).

I believe we may be better served by the money he will generate rather than his play.

I'm not sure Bent and Benteke can play effectively together

Spot on - good post

I think there will be tons of bollocks about Bent over the next few weeks, as he is clearly a player with value who isn't playing and will want to - perfect fodder for agents and journos alike. I think we need to ship him out quickly both to stop the circus, and because he is probably our most (unwanted) saleable asset and earning the most wages; shipping him out will give Lambert a lot of certainty over his transfer kitty and wage bill.

I also think we will have a number of options - I can see both Cardiff and Hull being in the hunt, and maybe Watford or Palace, as he is a London lad and may be prepared to take a pay-cut to move back there. I also think a few other PL teams will fancy him - Fulham are an easy one, and maybe WBA if they don't get Lukaku back again. In fact, most of the teams around us last season need to score more goals, and this guy give them options. I also think going abroad to somewhere like Russia or Turkey, where they don't mind paying silly wages, could be possible.

We must have a few options, and I hope that the club and exploring them with haste.

You could probably buy him for around the £12m-£15m mark these days. But paying him might be another issue altogether.

We should have signed Dragovic last season. Barcelona and Inter are in for him apparently.

With no chance of signing him.. who are the defensive options? Chester? Any decent stars in Holland or Belgium?

Edited by KSV

Pretty sure the clause in the West Ham loan is they can buy Carroll for £15m, but they don't really want to go any higher than £10m. For less than £10m, say £7m, we would probably give them Bent who I reckon is on less wages than AC. Bent goes home to London, West Ham get a goal scorer and we get Benteke's fee recouped. Win win win.

17 million it said in media but think big problem is his salary. I read its over 100k a week

Monaco, they dont have to pay tax so its only half that to them. 

The French FA are trying to do something about it as its not a level playing field compared to other french clubs, though i dont think they will have much success.

17 million it said in media but think big problem is his salary. I read its over 100k a week

The French FA are trying to do something about it as its not a level playing field compared to other french clubs, though i dont think they will have much success.

unless MON is their manager I cant see them turning down Falcao and signing Carroll for Monaco  ;)

unless MON is their manager I cant see them turning down Falcao and signing Carroll for Monaco  ;)

Seriously though, were Monaco not linked to him at weekend?  AC that is

I predict Bent will end up back in London. Most likely destination Fulham or W Ham. Might even be a good shout for the winner of Palace or Watford play off.

Jol has worked with him previously so that's where I think he will go.

As a previous poster suggested we really could do with resolving this situation asap as it is surely beneficial to all parties concerned.

Jovetic is apparently on his way to london for contract talks. Can see this meaning no Benteke (Especially if the rumours are true that he's an arsenal fan). Getting more and more confident he'll be here next season. However as some guy said on twitter... Higuain and Benteke would cost the same amount of money and they're better players. Arsenal have missed out a trick there IMO...

I think bent will take a pay cut.

He seems like he'd want to go and play regular football. It's the reason he left spurs for Sunderland.

I can see plenty of clubs coming in for him and can't really see it being an issue. I think we might get a decent price for him just because of the competition between clubs wanting to sign him.

Jovetic is apparently on his way to london for contract talks. Can see this meaning no Benteke (Especially if the rumours are true that he's an arsenal fan). Getting more and more confident he'll be here next season. However as some guy said on twitter... Higuain and Benteke would cost the same amount of money and they're better players. Arsenal have missed out a trick there IMO...

24.5m...jesus, that is a massive sum of money.