Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Really don't think the team needs that much of a tweak. We're1 or 2 players from a proper top half outfit and then 3/4 more for depth

Guzan

Lowton Vlaar/Baker Dragovic New LB

Westwood Delph Sylla

Weimann----------Gabby

Benteke

New GK/Siegrist

Baker/Vlaar

Clark

Bennett

Gardner

New CM

New Striker

Really don't think the team needs that much of a tweak. We're1 or 2 players from a proper top half outfit and then 3/4 more for depth

Guzan

Westwood Delph Sylla

Weimann----------Gabby

Benteke

New GK/Siegrist

Baker/Vlaar

Clark

Bennett

Gardner

New CM

New Striker

Dragovic would be class to get.

Don'y you think we need a playmaker? Delph is definitely not the option for that. Sylla and Westwood are more defensive minded.

Definitely use the system I and you suggest but replace delph with CAM and put him close up front I'd say.

Guzan

Westwood Delph Sylla

Weimann----------Gabby

Benteke

New GK/Siegrist

Baker/Vlaar

Clark

Bennett

Gardner

New CM

New Striker

Dragovic would be class to get.

Don'y you think we need a playmaker? Delph is definitely not the option for that. Sylla and Westwood are more defensive minded.

Definitely use the system I and you suggest but replace delph with CAM and put him close up front I'd say.

I think Westwood could be our Playmaker from a deeper position. The dynamic between the 3 I put is great and don't think needs splitting up.

Anyone have any ITK info? I don't mind if it's made up or not.

Dale Stephens done deal

His journey started in January apparently an OAP has been spotted slowly pushing him up the motorway on a wheelbarrow

He should arrive by July the 1st

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

Dale Stephens is still locked up in a hotel room waiting for Villa to sign a "name" before we reveal him.

Don't you mean in his apartment he just bought?

Oh has he bought an apartment? My bad  :)

A left back, a centre back and and an atticking mid are our most important priorities

Damn. I thought this was the start of a joke for a sec.

Dale Stephens is still locked up in a hotel room waiting for Villa to sign a "name" before we reveal him.

Not that one, HairyHands is the person I was talking about.

Ah yes! HairyHands did seem like a genuine ITK. Though, he didn't really post on transfer targets IIRC... was mainly on Lambert's position with the board.

Though, all ITK is good ITK I guess.

Bent . Hutton . Ireland . Maybe nzogbia .

From 8 to 10 millions ..

Loan bannan gardner bennet and some others with recall if needed .. and get 4 to 5 quality players ..

My phone doesnt have a lot of charge .. later I would write who I would like to get ..

And most important that benteke and other bright lions stays !

Ah yes! HairyHands did seem like a genuine ITK. Though, he didn't really post on transfer targets IIRC... was mainly on Lambert's position with the board.

That HairyHands guy was the best ITK ever!

"Lambert will not be making any signings in January unless he changes his mind and does".

I'm undecided on N'Zogbia. I can see why we might get rid of him but he has been remarkably effective when he has been on the pitch this season. Second only to Westwood in assists despite having relatively few minutes under his belt. And all of his goals (2) and assists (6) bar one assist (v Arsenal) resulted in us getting more points from the games they came in. All in all he has been quite a telling contributor when called upon. I think he'd be a useful member of the squad provided he's not on a king's ransom like Ireland is.

I wonder if we will have months of speculation, just to get two no name players again. 

If those "no names" end up being as good as Vlaar, Lowton, Westwood, Benteke and even Sylla, I won't be too disappointed.

Oh nor would I, but I'd just like to see us some a few known players to make sure we dont get in a relegation scrap again. I think with a few players, we can finish top 10 and maybe try for europa. Wishful thinking I know.

I don't think known players are necessary for a top 10 finish at all.

Hell, it's not out of the question that we'll finish top 10 this year! With a few more "unknown" additions of the quality we've had this year, as well as the experience gained by our youngsters, I think top 10 is well within our reach next season.

• Like 1

That HairyHands guy was the best ITK ever!

"Lambert will not be making any signings in January unless he changes his mind and does".

haha yeah.

"I can tell you that there IS money available, but Lambert might not spend it"

I wonder if we will have months of speculation, just to get two no name players again. 

If those "no names" end up being as good as Vlaar, Lowton, Westwood, Benteke and even Sylla, I won't be too disappointed.

Oh nor would I, but I'd just like to see us some a few known players to make sure we dont get in a relegation scrap again. I think with a few players, we can finish top 10 and maybe try for europa. Wishful thinking I know.

I don't think known players are necessary for a top 10 finish at all.

Hell, it's not out of the question that we'll finish top 10 this year! With a few more "unknown" additions of the quality we've had this year, as well as the experience gained by our youngsters, I think top 10 is well within our reach next season.

'Known' players have been a big part of our demise over the last few years. I think better known players in the premier league just aren't Lambert's style. He talks about players with hunger, and those players that have played for the top four clubs don't seem to have the hunger that a 21 year old from the lower leagues or abroad will have. Look at QPR as a prime example. Their best players were Townsend and Remy who both were given their first opportunity in the PL and were determined to take it.

'Known' players bring experience but is no use if they're only after one last big contract.

Incidently I've never heard of half that Swansea team last night.

• Like 1