Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

McGeady? Milner? I thought I accidentally logged into the 2010 transfer speculation thread. The last few days of the transfer window always the roughest, I feel a compulsive need to check every site hourly for action even though 99.9999..% nothing will have changed except Richard bumping the Stephen Ireland out thread.

• Like 1

I get what Lambert is doing, it is just so frustrating seeing fans of other teams getting excited about new signings, when all we can get excited about is balancing books.

Its like seeing your school friends go off to Thorpe Park, but you have to sit back and do extra Math homework.

You'd think, even if we didn't want to spend more on a player, we could at least go for the next Westwood. 7/8 bodies is better than 4/5 bodies in.

I get what Lambert is doing, it is just so frustrating seeing fans of other teams getting excited about new signings, when all we can get excited about is balancing books.

Its like seeing your school friends go off to Thorpe Park, but you have to sit back and do extra Math homework.

You'd think, even if we didn't want to spend more on a player, we could at least go for the next Westwood. 7/8 bodies is better than 4/5 bodies in.

Errr well we have signed quite a few players this season...

• Like 1

Why is it that we excuse a big money signing by stating that it will turn out like one of our poor signings? We like many other clubs have made poor signings for a lot of money yet like a lot of other clubs we have spent big money on players who have turned out fine.

On that basis alone we wouldn't want any of the recent AMs we've been linked to because they might turn out like NRC.

the same could be said the other way round

at the beginning of the window, we snapped up 6 players, and whilst we were getting excited about a lively transfer window, other fans were panicing about the direction of their clubs purchasess as, not for a long time now, were the ones who have got in there first and got transfers tied up

quite exciting really, our new purchases have had time to settle in and we wont need to wait till xmas to see any progress, as its already being made

Benteke - £5.5m

I'd take another of those thank you please.

Wasn't it £7-8m? Can you explain what you said before about the transfer fee having been "clarified." The wikipedia page says "around £7m".

Benteke - £5.5m

I'd take another of those thank you please.

Wasn't it £7-8m? Can you explain what you said before about the transfer fee having been "clarified." The wikipedia page says "around £7m".

Lambert said that the fee was lower than the £7mil quoted in the press.