Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Why bother spending so much money to get him back ? Young was one of the best players I seen down villa park but I reckon Jordan Graham can reach his potential within the next few years if he impresses.

Have we been linked with Young?

Doubt he'd want to come back & doubt Lambert would be interested in signing him anyway.

Ironicly,I think Young is tailor made for our 3-man attacking system.

For some reason,it rarely works in football when a player or a manager goes back so I'd say thanks but no thanks to Ashley Young-The exact opposite of what Lambert is trying to bring in.

Spurs: Dembele, Sandro, Capoue, Paulhino, Holtby, Townsend, Sigurdsson, Lennon, Chadli, possibly Willian and Bale (or Lamela as his replacement). 11.

Villa: Westwood, KEA, Delph, Sylla, Gardner, Bacuna, Tonev, NZogbia, Albrighton, Herd -  (to go) Bannan, Ireland, - 12. But the last 5 of those I wouldn't expect to make many appearances, if any.

suppose you could include Gabby, Weimann and Helenius as they may take on midfield/AM roles.  

I think once Bannan, Ireland and possibly Herd, Marc and Charles are gone we could easily fit another midfielder or two into the squad as long as they are the right type of midfielder.

Edited by HalfTimePost

One player I would love us to sign is Roberto Firmino from Hoffenheim. Plays in the #10 role behind the striker, and can play out wide too.

Scored two goals and got three assists against Hamburg in a 5-1 win recently. Unbelievable performance.

• Like 1

Firmino would be a decent signing. Has enough quality to add to the side straight away but definitely fits the young and lots of potential criteria. For an attacking player, and a brazilian one at that, he also works really hard for the team and isn't shy to get back and help out by putting tackles in.

He's only young so it's a little harsh to judge him too much on it but despite starting a lot of games in 11/12 (26) and 12/13 (29) he only registered 2 assists in each of those seasons, which really isn't enough for somebody in that position, particularly in the German league which was really progressed a lot of youngsters in that role who have been getting assists for fun - i.e. De Bruyne, Kiyotake, Kagawa etc, obviously those are high class players but you would expect somebody in that role to be chipping in with a few assists.

Only seen him play a couple of times but he always looked a handful, not afraid to take a player on has a couple of tricks up his sleeve just often he'll do it quite often and run into trouble, different styles but not dissimilar to NZogbia in that respect but at only 21 we could certainly coach it out of him.

That said, as you mentioned, he already has 3 assists this season so maybe he's started to add that to his game and he would definitely be a very good buy if he could chip in with say 7 - 10 assists and 5 or 6 goals over a season. 

Think Lambert would be more likely to look for someone who already has a real natural ability to find that killer ball who is perhaps under valued somewhere but I'd definitely welcome the signing of Firmino

Take it with a handful of salt but apparently we had scouts watching Wijnaldum tonight.

That bullshitting Itk on twitter who also claimed we were offered Young and he'll be leaving Utd?

I heard that about Young 3 weeeks ago and it wasnt from a twitter ITK account.  Was actually from a utd Fan.  Can't see us taking him back on his wages.