Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Lestienne is a good player but if we are in for him I'd assume it would be to play him as a #10 which I'm not sure he is ready for yet. A #10 needs the creativity to be able to unlock stubbon, rigid defences. Whereas Club Brugges are set-up to hit on the counter and therefore Lestienne only really is used to operating within this style which doesn't make him #10 material at the moment in my opinion.

• Like 1

i cant see how we could cater for all our midfielders if we bought more, we got enough to last us till january to see how we get on, and by looking at things, we wont do too badly

DM - sylla / herd / el ahmadi

B2B - westood / delph / bacuna

AM - tonev / helnius / gardner / grealish / carruthers (when back from loan)

Edited by AndyBM

Cheikhou Kouyaté? Yes please, absolute beast.

Been suggesting him on Twitter for weeks. As has been said, a beast of Benteke proportions and can slot in at CB when necessary. Would make him a much bigger priority then someone like Kiyotake.

Edited by Isa

Lestienne is a good player but if we are in for him I'd assume it would be to play him as a #10 which I'm not sure he is ready for yet. A #10 needs the creativity to be able to unlock stubbon, rigid defences. Whereas Club Brugges are set-up to hit on the counter and therefore Lestienne only really is used to operating within this style which doesn't make him #10 material at the moment in my opinion.

That's not what a scout might see.

Just saying.

That's not what a scout might see.

Just saying.

Very true and if Lambert has identified him then I'll trust his judgement.

Thats the one paco.

I like your analysis Isa, have'nt seen Lestienne tbh, we need a Merse kind of player, maybe the young lad from Derby might be it,.

From the glimpses I've seen of Hughes I think he could be something special but it would be a major risk buying him at this stage. It is most definitely in his interests to spend this season with Derby at the very least. 

Thats the one paco.

I like your analysis Isa, have'nt seen Lestienne tbh, we need a Merse kind of player, maybe the young lad from Derby might be it,.

From the glimpses I've seen of Hughes I think he could be something special but it would be a major risk buying him at this stage. It is most definitely in his interests to spend this season with Derby at the very least. 

Ive got a hunch Lambo might just gamble on Hughes   (I take it we are talking about Will Hughes from Derby >)

Will Hughes would cost an absolute fortune. He's one of the highest rated young English prospects around, and bigger fish will come calling for him in time. I'm not sure Derby would accept anything less than £15m in all honesty.

Well they won't get £15m for him atm.Rooney is apparently valued at £30m, Benteke was too expensive for Spuds at £25m, how will Derby get more than £10m?

If hes as good as some on here think, then Villa would be an ideal stepping stone for someone like Hughes, with a generous sell on clause to appease Derby.As someone suggested earlier, offer Ireland as part of the deal, hes not going to move, hes got a year left on his contract, and nobody has come in for him.Pay the majority of his wages, could suit all parties.

Easy, Man City or Chelsea will sell one of the other English kid's whose career they've pushed back 5 years, or one of the genuinely good English players at their club will retire/be forced out and the club will need another homegrown player in to make up the Home Grown numbers.

Well they won't get £15m for him atm.Rooney is apparently valued at £30m, Benteke was too expensive for Spuds at £25m, how will Derby get more than £10m?

If hes as good as some on here think, then Villa would be an ideal stepping stone for someone like Hughes, with a generous sell on clause to appease Derby.As someone suggested earlier, offer Ireland as part of the deal, hes not going to move, hes got a year left on his contract, and nobody has come in for him.Pay the majority of his wages, could suit all parties.

When does Will Hughes contract expire ?

Will Hughes would cost an absolute fortune. He's one of the highest rated young English prospects around, and bigger fish will come calling for him in time. I'm not sure Derby would accept anything less than £15m in all honesty.

And when you consider Zaha went for £15m and Oxlade-Chamberlain for £12m, Derby have every right to demand that sort of coin for him.

Sylla can sit and be a DM. It's not the role he was used in last season but I'm quite sure he's capable of it if required. I don't think we need to be signing one. I can see the argument for a flair player to be used in certain games but it's precisely because they would probably only be used in certain games that I don't think we'll spend too big if we do bring one in. I could see us making another signing but I'd be surprised if it was much over £5m (which in itself would be the biggest signing of the summer).

I still say we sign at least 2 more players before close of business.

Definitely an attacking midfielder £6M-8M.

Plus possibly either another CB or another DM from the lower leagues £1M-2M.for Lambert to develop & integrate over a period of time. one thing's for certain, he won't be frightened to throw them in at the deep end should occasion demand.