Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Chadli is more of a wide forward though isn't he ? Probably a replacement for Lennon. €7m does seems quite cheap for him I must say, would have liked him here

i agree, think we could have managed 7 mil or 8. To me that suggests that lambert didnt want him that badly to beat spurs' bid. 

its been really quiet recently with links. I personally cant see this inter player coming to villa. 

Exactly, it's been quiet so the papers are probably trying to scrape things together out of nothing just to put something out. I have never seen the guy so have no opinion on him, but judging from other peoples on here he doesn't sound like the kind of player Lambert would go for.

I personally think the squad we have now will be what we'll go into the Arsenal and Liverpool games with.

That's not to say we're done given we signed a few on deadline day last year but the problem will be moving out Hutton, Given and Ireland and it may take until August 31st so we'll have to wait for more signings.

JUST IN: Tottenham sign Nacer Chadli from FC Twente for €7 million [RTBF & AD.nl] bit.ly/17uKMW4

Tweet Button · 10:47

Well, there's one we can strike off the list.

Levy lining up that Bale replacement.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

I'm sure I caught an interview with Lambert on sky yesterday after the Wycombe game saying he wasn't looking to add any more players.

It would make sense if true. He has done a great job this window. Although it would be nice to add an AM and a Lowton back up they are luxury signings really.

I am happy enough with our current squad.

• Like 1

I'm sure I caught an interview with Lambert on sky yesterday after the Wycombe game saying he wasn't looking to add any more players.

It would make sense if true. He has done a great job this window. Although it would be nice to add an AM and a Lowton back up they are luxury signings really.

It's not.

I think we still need someone to organise the defence. Wycombe's second goal reminded me of the chaos we saw in our back four last season. I know Okore wasn't playing and he looks like a monster but will he improve the organisation?

Anyone can confirm this? Doesn`t have to mean anything but then again they don`t usually say that just to say it. Shame, I really thought there would be 1 or 2 more. 

It's not.

I am also very happy if more are coming :)

He's clearly identified his targets & got them in early.He was quoted as saying if someone was of interest,he'd speak with Lerner & Falkner recently.

I reckon one more & it could even be a bigger fee-The reason behind my (total guesswork) is that he's waiting to offload-The ones signed already haven't cost the earth & Dunne & Holmans wages will probably cover the lot.

Its interesting that its been fairly quiet in the market given this highly talked about influx of TV money.A lot could rest on the Rooney-Ronaldo speculation & if one of those goes through,Spurs will have problems keeping hold of Bale

I hope he considers a back-up for Guzan, IMO Given is on loan,Guzan gets injured can we rely on the likes of Steer or Siegrist to cover him. Plus Lowton also has to have a back-up.

Okore and Herd can both play RB if Lowton gets hurt or needs a rest. Plus Lambert could always call back Given if Guzan gets hurt. 

JUST IN: Tottenham sign Nacer Chadli from FC Twente for €7 million [RTBF & AD.nl] bit.ly/17uKMW4

Tweet Button · 10:47

Well, there's one we can strike off the list.

Levy lining up that Bale replacement.

There was a lot of talk last year about how Bale was great for Spurs behind the striker in a central role. 

Sandro    Dembele

Lennon    Bale    Chadli

could also be a possibility. Not sure Chadli would be able to replace Bale. But then again, I don't think anybody in Spurs' price range would be able to.

EDIT: Nevermind I forgot Paulinho

Edited by HalfTimePost

I'm not sure we really need to sign anyone else. I think people are forgetting the biggest mistake we made last season was letting go of leads in the second half of games. We would have finished 6th if games finished on 45minutes. (http://www.skysports.com/opinion/story/0,25212,12038_8615420,00.html)

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a new number 10, world cup bound, creative play maker join the club (cough Japanese.. cough Bundesliga experience..) but our team from last season did enough in the goal scoring department. Our issues were in conposure and defense. I think this can easily be achieved on the training ground and by having a group of players together as a unit for a full preseason, as well as also having strong options to change to in the second halves of games, should be start to fall behind or come under pressure. 

If we were told Villa would sign 6 players all under 23 (?) by this point at the end of the season, I would be over the moon! (and am!) We're all a bit guilty of thinking running a real club is just like playing football manager haha