Midweek football 8/11 April

andykeenan

yeah strangely i think bayern will keep dortmund going for the next 2/3 years, klopp especially, the way they smashed everyone this year and then pep thrown in next year, think its a great way of testing yourself in a league that suddenly / finally is getting a lot of attention

hopefully gotze, reus, gundogan etc and hummels (linked to barca more than once) plus also the likes of draxler and ter stegen (also heavily linked to barca) will all stay rather than chase a pay day, plenty of time for that

I've not really seen anything serious on Draxler or ter Stegen going to Barcelona, and I don't think that either will happen.  I expect Dortmund to keep most of their squad together this summer, other than Lewandowski and with the possible exception of Hummels, who may be interested if the likes of Barça or Man United come in for him and offer enough money to the club.

With that in mind, it'll be interesting to see how BVB will develop before next season.  They will need to replace Lewandowski, which will be a massive task.  However, if they can do that, and add two or three strong squad players or very promising youngsters, there is still every chance they will evolve in to a team capable of challenging in Europe and domestically in 2013-14.

anyone else on here a member of the f.a.? i am and today recieved an email asking me to buy tickets for the millwall v wigan match at wembley, some places have estimated as little as 40,000 people there, others say 70,000

Wigan Athletic have so far failed to sell at least 10,000 of their allocated tickets for Saturday's FA Cup semi-final against Millwall.

The Football Association has taken the unprecedented step of opening a neutral zone for 6,000 fans, and made a further 1,500 seats available to troops.

oth clubs were allocated just over 31,000 tickets and Millwall are expected to sell their full complement.

It is understood the FA expects at least 14,000 empty seats at Wembley.

The 6,000 neutral seats, in an area that was originally a Wigan section, will only be sold to supporters who are already registered on the FA's ticketing database.

Wigan's failure to sell out their section is not altogether unexpected, with the club averaging just short of 19,000 for home matches in the Premier League this season.

Tickets are still available for Sunday's semi-final between Man city and Chelsea, although that match is expected to sell out in the next 24 hours.

Wigan Athletic declined to give details of exact ticket sales when asked.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22097080

I kinda feel sorry for Wigan Athletic, they have got to have the shittiest catchment area ever.   Fifteen miles from Liverpool. Fifteen miles from Manchester.  Tem miles from Bolton. Twenty miles from Blackburn. A Rugby League team who have dominated the sport for years, especially during the days when most football fans of today were growing up.  Who is left in the town to support the local football club, because nobody from outside of Wigan is going to?

Edited by The_Rev

I'd love Wigan to get a Man City style takeover.

For one reason it'd get rid of Whelan but I'd like to see if they were a successful team hitting record high attendances of fifteen thousand.

Wigan are the smallest club to of ever played in the premiership, so they have done well to survive for so long.

9RRVpjh.jpg

Vinnie disagrees!  

I think Wigan are second only to Wimbledon in terms of size though. 

Â